FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

Tried it. I think the oscillator section is a bit confusing, but I love the fact that you can choose the scale for the sequencer section.

KingTuck wrote: I know he's taking some time off, it's just been almost a week.
What part of taking a break and software doesn't write itself don't you understand?

Stefken wrote:
What part of taking a break and software doesn't write itself don't you understand?
Where is this bizarre aggressiveness coming from? It's so weird to see people jumping to defensiveness about basic consumer feedback for a product that costs people $200. If you want to keep getting weird about this Angus himself said "I'm taking a few days out to recharge...". I'll say it again, I hope support for this new product returns shortly, because I like the software and am interested in purchasing it once this issue is resolved.

Honestly, why did you even respond to my message with nothing but a nasty comment?

KingTuck wrote:
zvenx wrote:See first post.. He took some much needed days off.
Also is it currently preventing you from working with it?

Rsp
I know he's taking some time off, it's just been almost a week.

To that strange question, yes. Of course. It bloats up my memory usage when flipping between presets until I need to reload the project. Why such a weird question? A memory leak like this is a major bug, name me one currently supported product that's left a leak like this in the software because people were somehow not prevented from working with the software despite it.

I'm just hoping for some support for the product soon because I like it. :)
Cause most if not all of the presets were made with this issue, without any of the sound designers noticing the issue I believe.
I was a beta tester and I did at least four projects with this and not once was it an issue or did I even notice it.
Hence the 'strange' question.
It is indeed a problem. It indeed will be fixed when Angus returns from holiday.... Lord knows for your $199 he needs to get his ass off from his holiday, back to the lab and fix it immediately. But unless you really have limited RAM, it can be used in the meantime. Ask me, ask the other beta testers and ask the sound developers who have been using it for monthssss..

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

KingTuck wrote:
Stefken wrote:
Where is this bizarre aggressiveness coming from? It's so weird to see people jumping to defensiveness about basic consumer feedback for a product that costs people $200. If you want to keep getting weird about this Angus himself said "I'm taking a few days out to recharge...". I'll say it again, I hope support for this new product returns shortly, because I like the software and am interested in purchasing it once this issue is resolved.

Honestly, why did you even respond to my message with nothing but a nasty comment?
Because you are behaving like an entitled jerk.
It will be fixed.
Its just been a week.
The sky is still above, still appearing blue,
the grass below, still mostly looking green.
The world continues to spin.
rsp
sound sculptist

Kingtuck, you didn't seem like an entitled jerk to me. :shrug: It's the internet though, people getting aggressive and argumentative is par for the course and I wouldn't give it much thought.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Kingtuck, you didn't seem like an entitled jerk to me. :shrug: It's the internet though, people getting aggressive and argumentative is par for the course and I wouldn't give it much thought.

I really am curious.
How do you evaluate these:
Hoping to hear from Angus soon about the memory leak. This is a great sounding synth but I'm a bit surprised such a large issue hasn't been addresses yet in almost a week since launch for a $200 product. Come on guys! This synth is too good to be burdened by this kind of issue :)

To that strange question, yes. Of course. It bloats up my memory usage when flipping between presets until I need to reload the project. Why such a weird question? A memory leak like this is a major bug, name me one currently supported product that's left a leak like this in the software because people were somehow not prevented from working with the software despite it.

I'm just hoping for some support for the product soon because I like it. :)
and :

Me? The first one I thought, maybe he didn't notice that Angus had said he was going to take a few days off....and to me synth the plugin wasn't crashing (for most) or losing data (for most), he should be able to work with it till then. I know myself, the sound designers and other active beta testers were able to... But yes I didn't consider this one entitled, he probably just didn't realise Angus was taking some time off.

The second one:
That to me is where it sounds entitled....like enough time off already, its been a week, drop what you doing and get back to fix it......
how do you see it?

The third one:
If you want to keep getting weird about this Angus himself said "I'm taking a few days out to recharge...".
Further reinforces to me, the you said a few days, its been a week....go fix it now..

so I really am curious to know how you interpreted what he said.

rsp
sound sculptist

JerGoertz wrote:Kingtuck, you didn't seem like an entitled jerk to me. :shrug: It's the internet though, people getting aggressive and argumentative is par for the course and I wouldn't give it much thought.
+1

I didn't find his post entitled or rude either... Angus said a few days... a few days is you know, 3 days... those days have come and gone so seems entirely reasonable to wonder when he will be back.

Agree with @JerGoertz and @pdxindy.

The tone taken by the beta tester isn't doing FXpansion's reputation any good.

Aliens wrote:Agree with @JerGoertz and @pdxindy.

The tone taken by the beta tester isn't doing FXpansion's reputation any good.
I am not an fxpansion employee nor do any of my comments represent them at all.
@pdxindy, where did you get few equal to three from?

rsp
sound sculptist

Which doesn't affect how it's not a good look at all.
Perhaps you should limit your responses to questions about the software.

Aliens wrote:Which doesn't affect how it's not a good look at all.
Perhaps you should limit your responses to questions about the software.

why? I am a kvr user entitled to my opinion too.
rsp
sound sculptist

And your tone, as a beta tester for a company, reflects badly on them.

Surprised there isn't a 'don't be a jerk on forums when discussing our product' clause in the non disclosure agreement.

Maybe there will be next time.

Until then, I will give my opinion, just like any other kvr user.

Anyway, once Angus returns he will be working on the solution.
rsp
sound sculptist

I must say, I am grateful for the demo already with all it bugs. I can play the presets and enjoy them.
I know whenever I am in a project with high pressure to get it released, probaly little sleep, fixing bugs (much less fun than programming functionality and takes more time than that as well...) and so on. My body and mind need a break, I might say a few days, but whoever knows these periods of high labor, knows as well, a week is not enough!
That is why patience is a good practice here. FXpansion showed us the potential of their product. We are hot, but give it two more weeks and the solution will be solid.
As a customer who wants to buy a 200$ product because its good, (though for me it will be much less, ) and I didn’t even know about it a week ago, there is no problem to wait until its perfect. Those who bought it already are most likely beyond the “browsing presets” stage and won’t be turned down by that memory leak, all others just need patience...
No reason here to heat up a discussion...

Return to “Instruments”