What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elektronisch wrote:Oh god when its going to stop...Moderators should add a rule, NO SYLENTH1 threads anymore or ban :cry:
Sounds like a good topic for a thread ... "Should Sylenth1 threads be banned"

Elektronisch wrote:Oh god when its going to stop...Moderators should add a rule, NO SYLENTH1 threads anymore or ban :cry:

or, you know... you could just ignore the sylenth1 threads.... 8)

Sylenth1 was the first softsynth to really nail Unison Voice Stacking.

I mean, that's why it got huge, right?

You could give 8+ voices to *each* oscillator, and when you turned that detune knob, it immediately sounded heavenly.

There were other softsynths in 2006 but none of them, I think, were pulling off that level of massive, smooth, wide, stereo-spread unison.

even to this day, many synths do a cruddy job of unison, though there's certainly waaaay more competition than back in 2006.

so yeah, that's the "special" thing about Sylenth: the unison engine.

There are not many Sylenth1 threads to begin with, I just looked for Sylenth1 and Sylenth (some users are sloppy) via the Advanced Search.

All in all there are 304 threads with Sylenth1 or Sylenth in Instruments, covering 12 years. But there have only been 7 threads (including this one) with that synth in the title this year. Three of them were basically support requests that should have been posted in the LennarDigital sub-forum. So, Sylenth1 is much less of a topic than it used to be years ago.

DJ Warmonger wrote:Sylenth1 (2006) may seem a bit dated today, but nonetheless thousands of releases were made with this synth :party:
Yes.. and still nothing sounds better 12 years on.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

According to the sub-forum, Lennar is in the process of optimizing the oscillators for aliasing/artifacts and CPU efficiency, so it will sound even better in the near future :tu:

fluffy_little_something wrote:According to the sub-forum, Lennar is in the process of optimizing the oscillators for aliasing/artifacts and CPU efficiency, so it will sound even better in the near future :tu:
:party:

Wait, there’s another one.. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=504869

Lotuzia wrote:Sylenth 1 sounds good, and more than that, has a sound of it's own. Plugins that claimed to emulate/replace it's sound failed at this. Not the best synth (if such thing exists), not the worst either, but imho one of the not so many that has a strong identity.

Some examples of our Musical Box soundbank for Sylenth 1 :

Sylenth Electronica

Sylenth ChilOut

No tb-303 arp, sorry for that/
Nice sounds there, especially the background pad during the second half of the first audio. But also the pad in the second audio (which sounds like Paul Hardcastle). Sounds analog enough to me :wink:

Lotuzia wrote:

Sylenth ChilOut
That demo took me back to the 1980s.

Mind you, that genre of sound was being pulled out of digital synths at the time, and not analogue, which was way past its best at this point - sort of Pet Shop Boys.

This is a track I made 7 years ago. All Sylenth1 except Battery 3 for the drum/percussion track.

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/blueshift

do_androids_dream wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Sylenth1 (2006) may seem a bit dated today, but nonetheless thousands of releases were made with this synth :party:
Yes.. and still nothing sounds better 12 years on.
I wouldn't say that. But, there's surely some truth that soft synths took a long time to get anywhere near even VA hardware synths in terms of sound. And, again, i don't mean super clean, aliasing free oscillators, and the latest ZDF tech in filters. I mean punchy, rich, fat sound like you get in the older Waldorf hardware synths, the Virus, and the Nord Lead synths. No idea why soft synths often sound so weak, flat, and soft. Seems like the softies developer's soft spot.

Examigan wrote:This is a track I made 7 years ago. All Sylenth1 except Battery 3 for the drum/percussion track.

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/blueshift
That sounds wild and hectic, what genre is that?! 8)

It's Hectic Electric.

Ok, i just made that up. Seems like a mélange of different styles. Old school House, Rave, Trance, and others.

I liked how for awhile there that Lennard was taking requests for presets from songs that we’d like duplicated in Sylenth1.

I asked for a few different ones and they (and many others that people requested) ended up in the preset banks. :)

Return to “Instruments”