One ear hears better than the other

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:read what he wrote again ;) :hihi:

I know, but I was speaking about an hypothetical 14khz limitation

I just got a PM from Calderon.
He is the tinnitus guy, "Notre Dame" again with his fifth username.
Don't waste your time.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

hhuang9611 wrote: Anyway, I am wondering if anybody else have similar concerns? And how would you deal with this problem.
I use a power panner which gives me a dynamic visual of the signal, for most channels as I mix. I believe my ears are 'hotter' to the left, things seem more left than they are.

Perhaps your headphones are off
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Maybe you left a banana stuck in your ear after lunch.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just use the ear that works best :ud:

chk071 wrote:Déjà vu.
Seems you were right...

What puzzles me though is why banned (apparently I missed the drama) and why ask questions to which he knows the answers already.

People will keep me puzzled :shrug:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:
Seems you were right...
Not about the OP, but... that other guy.

chk071 wrote:
BertKoor wrote:
Seems you were right...
:dog:

:lol:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

chk071 wrote:
BertKoor wrote:
Seems you were right...
Hmmm... For a second, I was wondering what I did wrong here, lol. :hihi:
Trance, Trance Is Life

Nothing, nothing. :) I was just wondering a bit in the first place, because we had some very similar topics here before, with an always returning user.

To the OP,

This is an issue I do have to deal with. After an injury, I lost a significant degree of low-frequency hearing in my left ear (still have my highs). Depending upon the frequency, it can be as much as a 10 db difference from left to right.

My first suggestion is to make sure you aren't dealing with something stupid and easily fixed... like an excess buildup of earwax. Happened to a friend who thought he was losing his hearing :lol:

Anyway... get used to working with Mono audio for a bit. Set it dead center to get used to what it feels and sounds like to both ears, at different frequency ranges -- if there are differences between the ears, you'll notice. Map out where the problem zones are for you (and/or see an audiologist). Also get a number of audio files you know for a fact are centered, at different frequency ranges, to use as reference material. Again, mono files are best for this.

Once you've established that indeed there is a difference between the ears, you'll need learn to use your analysis tools to help you keep yourself honest. Do not make adjustments to the panning so that it sounds centered to you. Don't try to make yourself comfortable. If the meters say it is centered, it is centered -- don't rely on your perception. This is why we have these tools -- to keep ourselves honest due to the faultiness of human perception. When I'm using panning controls, I use every meter at my disposal to make sure the audio is centered. If I perceive more bass in the right ear than the left, odds are the bass frequencies ARE in the center, my own perception be damned. If you do have permanent differences between your ears, deal with them and get used to them -- you adjust to the audio, don't adjust the audio to you. It will be second nature in no time, if you work within such a constraint.

please allow me to explain, cauldren was indeed notre dame but hhuang9611 seems to be 100% legit and the subject is just coincedence.

hhuang9611, please understand we have a person who has been banned under several accounts who just starts one thread after another on hearing. I apologize for the confusion and you may see it again but dont sweat it :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

KBSoundSmith wrote:To the OP,
This is an issue....
Thank you very much for the detailed comment :tu:
chk071 wrote:Nothing, nothing. :) I was just wondering a bit in the first place, because we had some very similar topics here before, with an always returning user.
Hink wrote:please allow me to explain, cauldren was indeed notre dame but hhuang9611 seems to be 100% legit and the subject is just coincedence.

hhuang9611, please understand we have a person who has been banned under several accounts who just starts one thread after another on hearing. I apologize for the confusion and you may see it again but dont sweat it :)
Thank you guys for explaining. No worries, I completely understand. It sure doesn't feel alright if someone keeps asking the same question. Also, my apologies for posting similar topic. But before posting this thread, I did do a search with "hearing" and "difference" but the forum didn't gave me the post I need...Well, probably should search harder next time.
Trance, Trance Is Life

you dont have to apologize ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”