koshdukai wrote:bionrg wrote:Question for the Reason users,
how do you go on about using the learn function to assign a control?
For example when i click to open the CV programmer on the VEESEEVEE_instr (vst), then hit Learn for CV 1 for example,
VCV will popup and i would think that i then have to wiggle a knob, lets say VCF cut-off of the VCF module.
And then that would be assigned to the CV 1 parameter of the VEESEEVEE plugin.
But when i wiggle the cut-off knob of the VCF module nothing happens, the CV 1 Learn function stays "waiting" .
How is this supposed to work, i thought this is how i normally do it.
That would be how you would go about it, yes, but VeeSeeVST isn't exposing (named, fixed list of) parameters like Reason is expecting from a regular VST, so it's like there's no VST parameters at all coming from VeeSeeVST, from Reason's point of view.[..]
Reason happens to be my main DAW but it has its flaws. Rumour has it that the number of VST params supported by Reason is limited to 128. This plugin has 9999 parameters (the number of VST params cannot be dynamic, so this is set to the upper limit).
Apparently Reason simply shows no params at all if that limit is exceeded. There's nothing I can do about this.
EDIT: and that rumour is plain wrong. see August 17th release notes.
Reason is currently the only DAW (that I know of) where the VST parameters do not work.
Please contact Propellerhead's support and ask them to support more (all) parameters (but don't get your hopes up too high).
My workaround is to use a "meta host" VST plugin (i.e. a VST that can load other VSTs, you can see a work-in-progress glimpse of it in the video linked in the first post of this thread). This also lets me work around the MPE / multichannel MIDI issues in Reason since it uses its own MIDI ports.
In other news: NRG70 on GitHub requested a couple of modules so here's an update:
- Code: Select all
** August 14th, 2018
- fix shared_lib build
- add module 21kHz.D_Inf
- add module 21kHz.PalmLoop
- add module ImpromptuModular.Tact
- add module ImpromptuModular.TwelveKey
- add module ImpromptuModular.Clocked
- add module ImpromptuModular.MidiFile
- add module ImpromptuModular.PhraseSeq16
- add module ImpromptuModular.PhraseSeq32
- add module ImpromptuModular.GateSeq64
- add module ImpromptuModular.WriteSeq32
- add module ImpromptuModular.WriteSeq64
- add module ImpromptuModular.BigButtonSeq
- add module ImpromptuModular.SemiModularSynth
- add module ImpromptuModular.BlankPanel
- update module LindenbergResearch.SimpleFilter
- update module LindenbergResearch.MS20Filter
- update module LindenbergResearch.AlmaFilter
- update module LindenbergResearch.ReShaper
- add module LindenbergResearch.VCO
- add module LindenbergResearch.Westcoast (preview)
The Westcoast (waveshaper) module is still work in progress. Only the "Lockhart" and "Serge" type settings work and I had to limit the maximum gain to prevent a subsequent Fundamental.VCF from permanently going quiet).
However, it does sound promising, so once the dev updates / finishes the module, I'll merge the changes into the VSVR repo and create another release.