BeepStreet Sunrizer now as AUv3

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is great, but now Beep Street needs to focus on fixing long-standing bugs in the Windows VST version of Sunrizer and work on their (lack of) customer support. One can dream, right?

aMUSEd wrote:The VST needs attention too...
+1

Russell Grand wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:The VST needs attention too...
+1
I wouldn‘t wait for it and doubt Sunrizer 2 will be even a plug-in. The developer seems to focus only on iOS again which is a shame since Zeeon is such a great synth and the coming Drumbo modular thingie will be great too for sure.
From a DSP point i like the Beepstreet stuff more than U-he.

Russell Grand wrote:This is great, but now Beep Street needs to focus on fixing long-standing bugs in the Windows VST version of Sunrizer and work on their (lack of) customer support. One can dream, right?
Actually, while i am no huge Beep Street fan (Dont even own any) their customer support is actually as good if not better than any VST developer i have ever seen.
Unfortunately for VST users, the sales of VSTs were completely crap in comparison to the development effort it took to port them, so now they are sticking to IOS a bit more, where you will find them in Beep Street threads at AB etc replying to near enough every single question post with an answer.
This is not great for VST users for sure, but it is what it is.
Duh

Well I think that was a short sighted response, it takes time to build up interest in a plugin and lack of developer engagement is surely one of the best ways to kill that interest off. Not being motivated to engage becomes a self fulfilling prophecy really.

I'm really impressed by the sound examples of Zeeon which, unfortunately, is iOS only.
It seems unlikely however it will be ported to Windows vst.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

It was, and maybe still is, very good as an iOS instrument. But Sunrizer isn’t anything special in the VST world right now.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

I think it is - ultra low CPU and great sound, easy to make a wide range of sounds with

Yeah, well. Its’t not.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

lol

BMoore wrote:It was, and maybe still is, very good as an iOS instrument. But Sunrizer isn’t anything special in the VST world right now.
As usual it depends on the user. I f.e. find there is nothing else out there for this chracter Sunrizer can do.
A shame Sunrizer 2 will be iOS only for sure too (as well as the other great Beepstreet tools like Zeeon and the coming Drumbo modular thingie).
So for me Sunrizer is still a very special synth. Maybe even one of the most characterful synths i own.
But fact is if you don‘t like it...fine for you.
If you like Beepstreet works you better look for it on iOS devices.
Lol, otherwise if i compare my iOS synths there isn‘t anything special about any plug-in synth.....beside P900 :D

I'm not saying no one finds Sunrizer usefull, or even special. But there's a reason it's not a best selling VST, and that they put their efforts in the iOS eco system.

It's an ok VST synth, competing with much more attractive synths.

BMoore wrote:I'm not saying no one finds Sunrizer usefull, or even special. But there's a reason it's not a best selling VST, and that they put their efforts in the iOS eco system.

It's an ok VST synth, competing with much more attractive synths.
Maybe, but mostly it´s more about a name as well as the DSP behind it.
F.e. Dagger sounds great but also get under the radar (even if was mentioned in good ways in some of the famous music sites).
However, for a one man show it might be impossible to stay in the VST market with all the piracy, soft- and hardware fragmentations. Some might success but it seems in this case iOS is just the better platform like for Moog as well and some others like Virsyn which seems to focus on iOS as well now.
Nothing wrong with it since i see Beepstreet a bit like the U-he for iOS but even prefer the DSP he puts out and he puts things out on iOS i was waiting for on mac which others just talking about like the coming Drumbo (i guess the U-he drum synth thing will never come).
Anyway the market is so crowded now on both platforms about synths that it doesn´t matter at the end.
Not sure if i ever will buy a new synth :D
But often i find these (even with bugs and less support) one man projects more interesting than the famous companies which can´t really experiment but just put out things for commercial success (which makes of course sense).
In general there are great synths on all these platforms. It´s our choice what we want to use but at the moment there isn´t much interesting going on on the desktop platforms in terms of synths.

It was good to see the developer updating Sunrizer with AUv3 support. Helps revive this app as people rely more on AUv3. And Sunrizer's been out over a year so there probably wasn't much financial reward from this update, most potential customers already own it.

digital plum wrote:It was good to see the developer updating Sunrizer with AUv3 support. Helps revive this app as people rely more on AUv3. And Sunrizer's been out over a year so there probably wasn't much financial reward from this update, most potential customers already own it.
It’s been out for 7 years.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”