Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
alonl6
KVRer

18 posts since 16 Apr, 2018

Postby alonl6; Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 pm convert arpeggio data to midi in cubase or logic?

I have some chords pads in Cubase and the vst is playing an arpeggio. I want to know if its possible to convert that data to midi notes so I will be able to see not only the notes of the chord pads but also the notes of the arpeggio. I also have logic, so doing that there is also an option.
Thanks.
kovacs
KVRAF

2378 posts since 5 Dec, 2003, from Harlan's World

Postby kovacs; Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:37 am Re: convert arpeggio data to midi in cubase or logic?

Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky
JoseC.
KVRist

377 posts since 14 Nov, 2005, from León, Spain

Postby JoseC.; Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:16 am Re: convert arpeggio data to midi in cubase or logic?

It would depend on whether the VSTi is able of sending out the arpeggio midi or not. If yes, set up a track to record that output. If not, you would need to record the audio and convert that to midi.
Sonar Platinum lifetime license, Live 9, couple of laptops, an iPad, a handful of hardware synths, a bunch of soft ones, the usual key and pad controllers and some guitars. Oh, yes, and a harmonica or two...
Protocol_b
KVRist

179 posts since 11 Nov, 2012

Postby Protocol_b; Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:44 am Re: convert arpeggio data to midi in cubase or logic?

http://www.audiocr.com/midi-fx-freeze/

I believe this MIDI FX was developed for just this purpose.
Protocol_b
KVRist

179 posts since 11 Nov, 2012

Postby Protocol_b; Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:46 am Re: convert arpeggio data to midi in cubase or logic?

Oh wait - your VST is doing the arpeggiation. Sorry, that MIDI FX records the Logic arpeggiator.
David
KVRist

324 posts since 5 Jan, 2003, from Brookings, OR

Postby David; Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:23 am Re: convert arpeggio data to midi in cubase or logic?

MIDI Freeze will capture ANY MIDI note FX or chain, not only the Logic arp.

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)