u-he Colour Copy now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Colour Copy

Sampleconstruct wrote:But who on earth needs another delay...?
Not me. That's why i passed on it. Actually, more and more use the built in Analog Delay in Studio One, for comfort reasons.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I think Coco (...) sounds better
Wow... :o
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I like it, but I still prefer Dubstation, I think.

Wonderful GUI and in general i love U-he products but i also have too much good delays....which means i just use mainly 2 which covers all i need (Replika XT and Delay Designer).
I want more obscure FX :D

Sampleconstruct wrote: But who on earth needs another delay...?
:D

For me it was the quality of quality of the pitch shifting (when changing the delay time) in combination with the quality of the saturation; specially in longer feedback loops that made me buy it.

When compared to Echoboy (which is my go to delay) i think the saturation in CoCo is one generation of software emulations ahead....
It's amazing that obviously there is a big leap in the quality of analog emulations in plug ins as Repro, CoCo or brainwork's Blackbox HG2 (etc).

HansR83 wrote:Did anyone compare this to Soundtoys Echoboy?

For me it's apples an oranges. Echoboy is a dream for dub delay and more complex delays. Colorcopy is imho a very simple but good sounding delay which sounds awesome when you want to modulate the pitch.

But it can't replace Echoboy. I was hoping this but again, it's a complete different delay type.

ps: ColorCopys UI is really good, much better than echoboys UI.
Last edited by midi_transmission on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:But who on earth needs another delay...?
I've got Sandman Pro, but still:

Who on earth needs another wrong question? :D

UA plugins also need such a lovely UI like Uhe has. Plus, the wood makes it sound more natural :party:

Sampleconstruct wrote:It sounds good, very good, maybe a bit thin feature-wise (why no freely assignable, additional LFOs?) but that could also be a good thing. But who on earth needs another delay...?
Nobody.

Now ask who wants another delay....

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

My question seemed to be spot on, so many unexpected answers - LOL....

What type of wood are the panels? Anyone in the know?

I hope it's real hardwood, and NOT some type of composite - would look cheapish when I run it in SAW Studio. Hmmm..., anyone?

bbtr wrote:What type of wood are the panels? Anyone in the know?

I hope it's real hardwood, and NOT some type of composite - would look cheapish when I run it in SAW Studio. Hmmm..., anyone?
U-he likes wood panels. The great thing about their products is they're easily skinnable so if you don't, you can change it.

bbtr wrote:What type of wood are the panels? Anyone in the know?

I just checked and colour copy does not seem to run in SAWStudio.

I'm on to your tricks. :borg:

HansR83 wrote:Did anyone compare this to Soundtoys Echoboy?
Here is my comparison in the end of this video. I try to find similar sound of the Echoboy...but it doesn't really sounds close to the u-he one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB9HZHpCnSM

Tested briefly, to me they managed to make an authentic sounding delay without the lo-fi element. really liking the newer u-he plug-ins.

Arrested Developer wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: But who on earth needs another delay...?
:D

For me it was the quality of quality of the pitch shifting (when changing the delay time) in combination with the quality of the saturation
^ ^ This!

I 'pitched' it against Echoboy (of course). Echoboy can be a bit temperamental when pitching up or down, and is prone to chirpy-ness. But the way CoCo grinds down on audio as it slows brings to mind a camel chewing in slow-motion. However, unlike said camel chewing in slow-motion, it's a thing of beauty :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxypoMV ... gs=pl%2Cwn

I get why Urs and his team wanted to keep things more simple, and, as such, Echoboy definitely still has it's place.

I'm not ready to hand over my money just yet, though. There are currently three delays on my radar: Ohmboyz Infinity, CoCo, and ValhallaDSP's 'hypothetical' plugin. Ohmboyz already has a spot reserved, as it's feature-set will be way different than the other two. And I have decided to wait for Sean's offering, which I think will, like CoCo, also have the vibe 'down'. Then I'll decide between the two.

Until then, I can always just keep enjoying the demo :tu:

Return to “Effects”