Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm hoping the developer will come back and weigh in on this 5-45 second delay issue. I'm hoping it's just an "opening day / week" glitch with the servers getting slammed with the release of the beta, or, at least, that upon final release sufficient optimization and capacity will be in place so that the delays are no more than 2-3 seconds at most. Because I agree with the comments above that a longer delay makes would make this largely unusable (or at least too frustrating to use) for my purposes.

And I'd really like this to work well, too, because the demo video sounds pretty darn good to my ears. But there's no point in torturing myself with downloading the demo and hearing how good it sounds if I know I'm not going to get it anyway (if this delay is "just how it is").

deleted :ud:
Last edited by fisherKing on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't know how they're directing tester feedback to themselves, but they have an official twitter at
https://twitter.com/emvoiceapp

also deleted :D :ud:
Last edited by fisherKing on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you all for the comments. Yes, something went wrong with the servers yesterday, apologies for this. It's all back to normal now, you should experience fast response times (under a second for a short line) even with a half-decent connection.

The plugin is going to get progressively better, with the text being displayed properly under the corresponding notes, formant & pitch controls, phoneme editor and more. Until now we've focused mostly on the quality of the voice itself :)

Don't forget to take a look at the Read Me document (see Help Menu), it tells you how to use Glottal Stops, create bends, and how to get the best of Lucy. You can direct your feedback and questions to support@emvoiceapp.com
Express Yourself.

I was pondering the "need" for cloud processing and thought, Oh my, what if it takes an ASIC bit cruncher like an bitmain antminer to do this like bit mining ultimately did and does. Or if they are pondering a subscription singer platform out of orneriness and greed to those who are dying for singers "of our very own". The web site states "It will be the testbed for our core technology."

I wish they would explain this need for distributed computing more transparently.

bitman wrote:I was pondering the "need" for cloud processing and thought, Oh my, what if it takes an ASIC bit cruncher like an bitmain antminer to do this like bit mining ultimately did and does. Or if they are pondering a subscription singer platform out of orneriness and greed to those who are dying for singers "of our very own". The web site states "It will be the testbed for our core technology."

I wish they would explain this need for distributed computing more transparently.
Well, as long as this product is going to be dependent on their servers working, I'm not interested.

bitman wrote:I wish they would explain this need for distributed computing more transparently.
We made that decision from the start that the audio would be cloud-based. I was reluctant at first, for obvious reasons like the fact that this forces users to be connected permanently to use our plugin. We did this because each voice is based on a pretty massive sample library, but you may use dozens of voices in a single session. This could happen because you need vocal ensembles. Or simply because you’re writing a song and you want to try different singers for it, just like you browse presets in a synth while playing a melody. I know, there’s just one voice now, but we’re already recording new ones 8)

On our side, it’s a good protection against reverse-engineering, as mentioned by someone in this thread. Then there’s piracy, but piracy is not entirely bad for devs. Photoshop became a standard thanks in part to piracy - everyone had a cracked version in the 90s, so this eventually converted into sales. That’s why we’ll try to offer a free voice as soon as possible. But there’s a whole team behind this so obviously Lucy will not be free.

So Emvoice One is likely to remain cloud-based for ever, because we think it’s the best option. We’ve tried to minimize latency and will continue to improve on this.
Express Yourself.

rodyy wrote:
Emvoice One was born of my dreams (and my frustrations) as a music producer. It's a labor of love :)
beautiful labor of love, beautiful !!!!!

:clap:

wagtunes wrote:
bitman wrote:I was pondering the "need" for cloud processing and thought, Oh my, what if it takes an ASIC bit cruncher like an bitmain antminer to do this like bit mining ultimately did and does. Or if they are pondering a subscription singer platform out of orneriness and greed to those who are dying for singers "of our very own". The web site states "It will be the testbed for our core technology."

Well, as long as this product is going to be dependent on their servers working, I'm not interested.
Good to know. Why not move along now?

just tagging in, looks like it might be about to get interesting...

:hihi:

rodyy wrote:
bitman wrote:I wish they would explain this need for distributed computing more transparently.
We made that decision from the start that the audio would be cloud-based. I was reluctant at first, for obvious reasons like the fact that this forces users to be connected permanently to use our plugin. We did this because each voice is based on a pretty massive sample library, but you may use dozens of voices in a single session. This could happen because you need vocal ensembles. Or simply because you’re writing a song and you want to try different singers for it, just like you browse presets in a synth while playing a melody. I know, there’s just one voice now, but we’re already recording new ones 8)

On our side, it’s a good protection against reverse-engineering, as mentioned by someone in this thread. Then there’s piracy, but piracy is not entirely bad for devs. Photoshop became a standard thanks in part to piracy - everyone had a cracked version in the 90s, so this eventually converted into sales. That’s why we’ll try to offer a free voice as soon as possible. But there’s a whole team behind this so obviously Lucy will not be free.

So Emvoice One is likely to remain cloud-based for ever, because we think it’s the best option. We’ve tried to minimize latency and will continue to improve on this.
I respect your decision. Ultimately, it's your business. But you do realize that this is going to greatly reduce sales as this is simply not a viable option for a lot of people.

For starters, any work done with your product is dependent on your servers being operational. Any downtime affects us. Plus, any downtime on our end, as far as our own Internet connection, also affects use of your product. For those under time pressure who actually do this for a living, this is unacceptable.

In addition to that, and I immediately thought of this after the Camel Audio fiasco, should your company go out of business, unlike most other plugins that can still be used, your product ceases to exist. Once your servers are shut down for good, that's it.

As I said, it's your company and you can do what you like, but I think you're making a monumental mistake with this platform.

As a Vocaloid user for 3 years now, and constantly looking for a "better" solution, I am 100% sure that I will never be one of your customers.

I have no doubts that many others will also feel the same way.

Cloud based. lol.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

wagtunes wrote:
rodyy wrote:

I respect your decision. Ultimately, it's your business. But you do realize that this is going to greatly reduce sales as this is simply not a viable option for a lot of people.

For starters, any work done with your product is dependent on your servers being operational. Any downtime affects us. Plus, any downtime on our end, as far as our own Internet connection, also affects use of your product. For those under time pressure who actually do this for a living, this is unacceptable.

In addition to that, and I immediately thought of this after the Camel Audio fiasco, should your company go out of business, unlike most other plugins that can still be used, your product ceases to exist. Once your servers are shut down for good, that's it.

As I said, it's your company and you can do what you like, but I think you're making a monumental mistake with this platform.

As a Vocaloid user for 3 years now, and constantly looking for a "better" solution, I am 100% sure that I will never be one of your customers.

I have no doubts that many others will also feel the same way.
it's 2018, the internet is here to stay. there are other cloud-based plugins, and, if this developer feels it makes sense for this one, then... that's the deal. if it's not for you, that's ok. but why go on about it? i thought you were done with battling on the forum.

lots of people make their living doing music, and have fast internet connections. also (as i am doing), it's simple enough to bounce a file to your DAW (once you like what you have), and then... everything is back in the box. PLUS you can always go back to the source file and edit, etc.

'online' is, for most people, a part of their life, no need to run from it. and if this is not for you, why hang around on this thread? :roll:

Return to “Instruments”