BeatSkillz - That Thing plugin - issue resolved

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Issue resolved with a refund.
I'm fine with that.
I'm leaving this post just for context.
BeatSkillz did reply back offering a refund.
Thanks BeatSkillz and thank you JRRshop (Eric)...sorry you were caught up in this mess.

Original Post:

That Thing is starting to become This Problem. Anyone pick this up on the current promo for $9?

If so, are you having trouble trying to authorize it? I am. I've tried to authorize it in Live, PT, and DP. I tried contacting BS with no such luck. Their advice was to make sure there were no spaces after the serial. (mumble) :roll:

I posted the same issue on their YouTube channel promoting ThatThing and stated their response of no spaces and guess what their response was? You guessed it "do not put spaces after the serial."

Seriously...are they even reading complete sentences?! Either they're using Google Translate...oh wait, Google Translate works. No, they're not caring for the few incompatibilities that exist. Just be warned...BeatSkillz (BS) customer service is below average. I think we may have another Crysonic in the midst here guys. I have two open cases over the course of three days and only one reply from them. These were on weekdays...I'm not counting this weekend just for fairness.

Anyway. Anyone with similar issue?

Here's a screenshot of what I see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mathematics on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

just in case - I have had trouble copy and pasting serials in some apps recently - looks perfect but I am assuming the encoding does not work so I have had to type the serial in by hand and then it has worked

Just tried that and still nothing. It's odd. Really odd. I'll wait until they're back in the office to get some kind of service.
Last edited by Mathematics on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Did you get it from them or another seller?

Had a similar problem. I am on a Mac and the VST version would crash Ableton and get blacklisted. From the way Ableton behaved it seemed to me that there is a bug in the authorization procedure, but that is really only a guess from my end.

I eventually managed to authorize it by removing the VST before Ableton could scan it and authorize the Audio Unit version of the plugin and then move the VST back into the plugin folder.

BS support (love that, btw) was not really helpful and to to be perfectly honest, from the way they responded I did not get a sense that they knew what they were talking about.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

dandezebra wrote:Did you get it from them or another seller?
I bought it from JRRshop.

I wonder if Eric could be of any help.

mgw38 wrote:I eventually managed to authorize it by removing the VST before Ableton could scan it and authorize the Audio Unit version of the plugin and then move the VST back into the plugin folder.
Exactly. I took a similar approach by trying to authorize it through Pro Tools and Digital Performer to no avail.
Last edited by Mathematics on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

dandezebra wrote:I wonder if Eric could be of any help.
It's not JRRshop's fault. I'm going to see if I can get the money from BeatSkillz's first.
Last edited by Mathematics on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

I just meant that JRR might have a quick solution (alternate serial?) for you to try. Mine registered fine. Good luck!

I'm beyond that now. I want BS to stand behind their product.

Mathematics wrote:I'm beyond that now. I want BS to stand behind their product.
Good luck with that. They're the worst.

jbarish wrote:
They pretty much told me that they cannot help me because they are not facing the issue in their system. :dog:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

jbarish wrote:
I'm seeing that...but all it takes a little noise on the web and then suddenly..."oh we're sorry, we didn't realize you were serious."

Lol...I want to give BS a chance though. I'm not one to start ringing the bell right away. It's the weekend and I'm sure they're all at home so...I'll wait a little. Just a little though.

mgw38 wrote:
jbarish wrote:
They pretty much told me that they cannot help me because they are not facing the issue in their system. :dog:
Yep, that's BS support for you. "Works here, sucks to be you!!"

Return to “Effects”