FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

yemski wrote:For those of you mad men and women, interested in what the thing actually sounds like, here are a few demos based on a some jams I did with it about a year ago.
Some lovely stuff there... I'm very happy with the sound of Cypher!

It has some nice sounds.

I (like so many others) had absolutely no need to upgrade to Cypher 2, what with all the myriads of synth I already don't use enough. But of course, it didn't take me long to invent the perfect excuse.

My excuse for upgrading to Cypher two was that it gave me an excuse to buy a likewise unnecessary Seaboard Rise...

( I think I need :help: )
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

plexuss wrote:Cypher2 makes sound? I keep looking at the GUI and trying to install it under windoze 7. How do you make it make sound??? :phones:
Could your tone here be a wee bit condescending? It sounds uncool, and I only bring it up because I often enjoy your posts. When you offer an opinion on some product, I typically take it somewhat seriously. 8)

Windows 7 stuff, dunno...it was mentioned, some other dudes chimed in, then I offered a couple of posts, and then I dropped out. I agree that discussing an OS is another topic.

So this is a thread about Cypher 2. Not specifically about it's sound. It is a musical instrument, so the notion of sound is just totally obvious.

It is also a computer application, and that means a whole bunch of other stuff. Any and every aspect of this synth should be available for discussion in this thread. The sound, the GUI, stability, presets, preset browser, and bugs...any other stuff?

I'm glad some of you are diggin' this synth, I really am. It looks like ROLI / FXpansion are developing new stuff, pushing forward. I have said in other threads that this whole industry is in a transition phase, I feel it. Perhaps a "subset" of the larger computer industry? :hihi: Most likely!

I will explore this stuff when I put together a new computer. I want a SeaBoard!

But there still is much to be said for an old fashioned keyboard. 8) 8) 8)

pethu wrote:I (like so many others) had absolutely no need to upgrade to Cypher 2, what with all the myriads of synth I already don't use enough. But of course, it didn't take me long to invent the perfect excuse.

My excuse for upgrading to Cypher two was that it gave me an excuse to buy a likewise unnecessary Seaboard Rise...

( I think I need :help: )
Yes, you might. :? Synthaholics Anonymous?
Myself, I've succesfully refrained from buying stuff lately.
I even ordered a Moog Grandmother, but cancelled it afterwards.

Cyper 2 looks like an interesting buy though.
I 'll keep a lookout for how it is evolving and how the bugs of the first release are tackled.
Being on windows 7, I also like to see how that goes.
It seems to work fine on Windows 7. Not stating compatibility with Windows 7 is probably a way of being carefull / disclaimer.

digitalboytn wrote:
nordickvr wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
plexuss wrote:Cypher2 makes sound? I keep looking at the GUI and trying to install it under windoze 7. How do you make it make sound??? :phones:
i found that, by pressing a key on my keyboard, cypher2 made a sound. WTF? i paid for this thing, but i have to do the work??
What’s the transfer policy for returning sounds?
The FXpansion transfer fee is $50...

But I think that he needs to send the whole thing back for a service if it makes a sound when he pushes down a key....

Another bug for Angus to sort out when he comes back from vacation :wink:
$50? so for each sound i return, i make $50? not bad...

on a more serious note, am really enjoying cypher2; when presets inspire me to write, that's a good sign; and i've barely scratched the surface here...

Hi KingTuck, we're committed to resolving this issue in a forthcoming update. To be notified when the update is ready, you can follow the ROLI forum post here: https://support.roli.com/support/discus ... 6000005241. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Roli Team wrote:Hi KingTuck, we're committed to resolving this issue in a forthcoming update. To be notified when the update is ready, you can follow the ROLI forum post here: https://support.roli.com/support/discus ... 6000005241. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.
Thanks for the statement on this. :)

For fun... I made a small video of the evening session while composing. The track uses mostly Cypher2 (4 instances) for the bass/arp. Repro-5 was used for the noisy sound and Predator2 for some small fills.
Aah.. and most important the bag of gummy bears :hihi:

https://youtu.be/IVyggfouLpE

Chill song, 4damind. Did you use Cypher for the strings?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Chill song, 4damind. Did you use Cypher for the strings?
I think so. Most sounds are Cypher2... in the second part there is a pad mixed a bit to the background, this is Dune2. This lead sound in the second part is from Spire and this noise arp moving in the stereo image is from Repro5 + phaser. There is also a unison pluck sound which helps to build a fundament which comes from Strobe2 (but this sound could be easy replaced with Cypher2)

Here's 5 Cypher2's, factory 5D presets slightly tweeked, minimal mixing, all played with a Seaboard. Good with headphones. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/cypher2x5

Nice sounds examples from both posters. I'll demo this synth when time allows.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

4damind wrote:For fun... I made a small video of the evening session while composing. The track uses mostly Cypher2 (4 instances) for the bass/arp. Repro-5 was used for the noisy sound and Predator2 for some small fills.
Aah.. and most important the bag of gummy bears :hihi:

https://youtu.be/IVyggfouLpE
Nice! :) I love the sounds in this. Now I am just trying to name that MIDI keyboard controller you're using... can't figure out which one it is.

Return to “Instruments”