Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Because I have the right to point out to the developer the downsides to his product and how it may be alienating a substantial user base.

And I am not the only one who has expressed their personal problems with this decision. So why are you singling me out?

I am not arguing. I am simply pointing out the facts of the downsides of this product.

That is not arguing. You are the one who has now decided to argue with me because of my opinion.

Now, I've spoken my peace on this subject and I'm done. You can decide to continue to argue with me or not.

That's YOUR choice.

BMoore wrote:Cloud based. lol.
+1

wagtunes wrote:Because I have the right to point out to the developer the downsides to his product and how it may be alienating a substantial user base.

And I am not the only one who has expressed their personal problems with this decision. So why are you singling me out?

I am not arguing. I am simply pointing out the facts of the downsides of this product.

That is not arguing. You are the one who has now decided to argue with me because of my opinion.

Now, I've spoken my peace on this subject and I'm done. You can decide to continue to argue with me or not.

That's YOUR choice.
look, the plugin is not for you. so move on to another thread, and let those of us who are interested (even if we have concerns) discuss it. there's no benefit to stating 'this one's not for me'... then discussing it further. peace back!

deleted (my post was duplicated) :(

Sounds interesting. The Emvoice demos sound convincing in the lower registers and much more synthesized in the upper registers. Cloud based makes sense for larger companies that have staying power and large resources. Smaller start-ups will cease supporting cloud processing if they run into issues or sell their assets. I will continue to follow the product. I am a vocaloid user - using it primarily for mockups and for testing vocal processing chains. This might have a place on my machine. I'd need assurances that the cloud processing will be active for at least 5 years before I'd spend more than $100 USD on it. It is great to see more entries into this niche of the marketplace. I wish you success.

Servers are real fast now / again.

I have question for the users.

Are you all taking to this like a duck takes to water?
I'm having a difficult time figuring out what methods are best practices.

As a test case, I've taken a song I released and deleted the vocal track.
And am trying to pace it back together with Lucy.

Emoice:
Gosh a video where you create a couple of verse phrases so we can all see an expert at work to see how most efficiently it can be done would be great.

bitman wrote:I have question for the users.

Emoice:
Gosh a video where you create a couple of verse phrases so we can all see an expert at work to see how most efficiently it can be done would be great.
Try this. I'm assuming it has copy and paste capability. Take a line of lyrics and map out your notes for each syllable. Then copy and paste the whole line of lyric (assuming you put it into something like notepad) starting at the first syllable. It should distribute the lyrics throughout each syllable of the line.

Vocaloid has that capability. I am hoping this does as well.

Give it a shot and see how it works.

bitman wrote:I have question for the users.

Emoice:
For the moment, the simplest thing to do is enter the melody first, then the text. If the text is longer (i.e. has more syllables) than the melody, ghost notes are created to fit the text but it's not clear visually at this point, so it's best to just avoid doing this.

We’re going to release tutorial videos asap. In the meantime, I invite you to take a look at those demos:
https://youtu.be/rwZzQmev9IE
Note that there are a few phoneme symbols in this one, but we’ve updated the engine and they’re not necessary anymore. Here are the same lyrics, with words instead of phonemes.
“weh do you wanna go”
“ah take it slow”

https://youtu.be/Kp2xk3EwWRg
As you can see this one is all phonemes. This works well with words now, so here they are. That’s just one vocal style, there are lots of other possibilities with different sets of words, we’ll expand on that.
pad ad ad am / pad ad ad ad am / pad ad app app app app a do / pad odd ad ad ad em1 /
p(a)d amp (a)d am / pom pom / p(a)d amp am

And a couple of other videos are available on our channel.

Another important thing to consider when using Lucy is the volume. In most of our demos, the volume of the instrument track has been edited, sometimes down to syllable level. We suggest doing this before compressing the audio. You will get a more contrasted, expressive response and be able to correct potential mistakes.
Express Yourself.

not enthusiastic about cloud stuff.

rodyy wrote:
bitman wrote:I wish they would explain this need for distributed computing more transparently.
We made that decision from the start that the audio would be cloud-based. I was reluctant at first, for obvious reasons like the fact that this forces users to be connected permanently to use our plugin. We did this because each voice is based on a pretty massive sample library, but you may use dozens of voices in a single session. This could happen because you need vocal ensembles. Or simply because you’re writing a song and you want to try different singers for it, just like you browse presets in a synth while playing a melody. I know, there’s just one voice now, but we’re already recording new ones 8)

On our side, it’s a good protection against reverse-engineering, as mentioned by someone in this thread. Then there’s piracy, but piracy is not entirely bad for devs. Photoshop became a standard thanks in part to piracy - everyone had a cracked version in the 90s, so this eventually converted into sales. That’s why we’ll try to offer a free voice as soon as possible. But there’s a whole team behind this so obviously Lucy will not be free.

So Emvoice One is likely to remain cloud-based for ever, because we think it’s the best option. We’ve tried to minimize latency and will continue to improve on this.
I am not against a cloud model. In fact I am pro it if the performance is good and your will employ a subscription model that allows me to buy in and use it for a short time and then skip it for some months when I don't need it. If performance is good cloud can be great. No need to download huges banks of data so I could use it on a iPad while on the move if I like. Speaking of sample data will this allow us as users to create our own voices like UTAU?

i need to explore the options more; vibrato, legato tricks. sounds great! am doing a serious track for it today...

Any word on pricing, subscription model(s). If this is pay as you go ... month by month and you can burn the audio then a cloud based service could be viable for me... (I understand that it may already be viable for others).

fisherKing wrote:i need to explore the options more; vibrato, legato tricks. sounds great! am doing a serious track for it today...
Great, I wanna hear it :)

As for pricing, we understand that lots of users are reluctant to pay $200 upfront for a cloud-based instrument, especially from a new company. So we'll offer our voices either in a pure subscription model (monthly fee), or a rent-to-own model, I'm not sure yet.

And we don't have plans to let users create their own voices yet.
Express Yourself.

Funny Enough I actually Like that its Cloud Based and dosen't require a crap-ton of space, but i guess I am in the minority in that one. I'll Have to see how the beta works.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Return to “Instruments”