BeatSkillz - That Thing plugin - issue resolved

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jbarish wrote:
mgw38 wrote:
jbarish wrote:
Mathematics wrote:I'm beyond that now. I want BS to stand behind their product.
Good luck with that. They're the worst.
They pretty much told me that they cannot help me because they are not facing the issue in their system. :dog:
Yep, that's BS support for you. "Works here, sucks to be you!!"
IKR?! Like...what the Flip? I'm 42. I've seen...things. This is nothing new to me. I just hope they get their act together because in seeing things...I've learned a few things too.

Like Bruce Banner said to Mr. McGee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHSxQ2RRD9o
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

They also don't change ownership in license transfers. Customer support is just not in their vocab.

Shame that their Bounce comp is quite decent.
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MogwaiBoy wrote:But dem dirty trap beatz as clean as the Ganges.
That was too funny. LOL.

Mathematics wrote:. BS...I love saying that. BS is not helpful.
Ha, I used to run a buzines called Bi&S , it stood for Bodge it & Skarper :D
I've had some builders who I've knickernamed the same.....
So BS may be a just abbreviation in this matter ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

and justified it is. BS is full of it's own self.

I actually like the plugin, although I don't really use it. I own exactly 2 BeatSkillz products,
both of which I got for free, so I can't complain much.

Seems like Beatskillz need to work on their Bizness Skillz :roll:

It's weird that Beatskillz's customer service is so bad considering That Thing is coded by Carlos from Audiothing (who has exceptional customer service). I get that they're 2 separate companies, but I still find it odd how opposite those 2 companies are in regards to customer support.

Hope you get it sorted. I've been chewing on the idea of getting this plug at its current sales price. You've saved me 9 bucks, so thank you.

Patronizing companies that don't actually code, almost always ends up being a mistake. They don't code so they rely on a third party to make necessary changes that customers require. It's a bad equation waiting to blow up in the consumers face.

Russell Grand wrote:It's weird that Beatskillz's customer service is so bad considering That Thing is coded by Carlos from Audiothing (who has exceptional customer service). I get that they're 2 separate companies, but I still find it odd how opposite those 2 companies are in regards to customer support.

Hope you get it sorted. I've been chewing on the idea of getting this plug at its current sales price. You've saved me 9 bucks, so thank you.
Oh wow. I think your right. Audiothing does have great CSR. In fact, Carlos personally made a discount link to purchase two plugins a few weeks ago because I showed proof of school enrollment. The whole transaction from contact to purchase only took about 15 minutes...and this was at like 2am in the morning. I think he may save the day on this one. Still...I want BS to take care of their responsibility. I'll contact him directly though. Thanks for reminding me of this. As mentioned before, I'll keep everyone posted.

jbarish wrote:Patronizing companies that don't actually code, almost always ends up being a mistake. They don't code so they rely on a third party to make necessary changes that customers require. It's a bad equation waiting to blow up in the consumers face.
I see that now to be the case...ugh. :(

jbarish wrote:Patronizing companies that don't actually code, almost always ends up being a mistake. They don't code so they rely on a third party to make necessary changes that customers require. It's a bad equation waiting to blow up in the consumers face.
I have to agree, it’s a tough way to do business. IME such companies rarely last more than a year or two before folding.

Mind you, it doesn’t apply to everyone. Famous ones like Greg Scott and the Infected Mushroom guys can get away with it. Lesser known outfits don’t have the fame to keep them going. I have a few plugins like that, that were coded by successful developers, yet their client companies have gone. Fortunately, at least in the case of the Audiothing dev, he makes an effort to maintain access to them where he can. *Least I think it’s him anyway.

This is interesting. I just happen to check the website and either I missed it the first time or they just now updated the site but for registering the plugin, now they are saying there is a license file that you should point the plugin to use for activating it. Huh?! There is no place that I can click on to prompt for such a thing, for That Thing. (like what I did there?)

Here's their exact instructions:

"Registration :

In demo mode the plugin will output silence for 3 seconds every 30 seconds. To register it, you should have a valid license file (thatthing_license.atl).

Click on the More button and then choose Registration.

A popup window will open, click on Load License File… and locate your license file (thatthing_license.atl)."

No "more" button, yet the version number they show in the changelog appears current. I tried downloading the trial directly from their website and same thing.

So, obviously these guys are monkeying around with the instructions on how to register it because I'm sure my problem is others' problem as well. I can't very well be an isolated case because I tried installing this plugin on 3 computers and I get the same exact issue: and that is, an improper sized dialog box that encompasses the License Input field and the Save button which cuts off the bottom of the Save button, yet it is clickable.

Also...the help file that points back to the website has a 404 error. So...yea.

Just so you know how much these guys care, here's are the open tickets for which they have only replied once to, since the day they were created. One was for the issue at hand, and the other is for the item in my cart. Even to make a sale, these guys are pathetic.

"Being Processed" - I like that. More like, "Being Neglected"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

In the version I have, you just have to click on the beatskillz logo, then choose registration.
Its exactly the same system as the Audiothing plugins.

pekbro wrote:In the version I have, you just have to click on the beatskillz logo, then choose registration.
Its exactly the same system as the Audiothing plugins.
That is exactly how mine works too. It's clear they have to update their website or the plugin...or perhaps they lack proper communication with the developer for whom they sell the plugin for. Monday is coming up. I'll see how they handle this then...if they even keep track of their trouble tickets.

Return to “Effects”