KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

All I really want out of NI is MPE support for all synths and a GUI upgrade for older ones like Absynth and FM7. Some entirely new products, that aren't just Kontakt libraries, or Reaktor ensembles, would be nice but first things first.

aMUSEd wrote:as soon as you load a patch that has not been setup that way it only exposes the macro page in an organised fashion, the rest do show params but just in their default automation number based order, which makes them really hard to use meaningfully. This is a paradoxical and frankly ridiculous limitation of KK loading Massive patches natively and has never really been addressed, some other NI instruments also have this problem.
I hate that kind of thing. I am looking at exactly this with BFD. You used to be able to create the default map with the names you like, too.
Oh, and now if you use the SonicCouture products created after a certain point ie., NKS versions, the host automation map is FIXED.

That sitch with Massive slightly dampens my desire to buy a Komplete Kontroller. There are other plusses.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
chk071 wrote:
If you believe the leak, then Massive X, a further development of the well-known Massive Synthesizer is coming.
But... is that true really? Do we know for sure that this is the successor of Massive?

And, why is it called Massive X, and not Massive 2?
An X is two diagonal 1's.

no, its named after Malcolm X ^^

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
andrew71 wrote:This seems like a bit of an odd time for NI to start releasing preset packs for Massive, if v2 (or X) is on its way.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... m-massive/

That said, the offer ends September 3rd, which might point to Komplete 12's release date being shortly afterwards.
They will maintain both products I’m sure. Massive will continue to be provided with Maschine certainly and I doubt they will abandon it too quickly. We don’t really know what Massive X will be anyways but it will be a whole separate thing, rather than replacing the older one like for example fm7 to fm8 or absynth 4 to 5.
So how can you be so sure Massive X is not backwards compatible with Massive presets?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:So how can you be so sure Massive X is not backwards compatible with Massive presets?
Well, might not be so long to find out now. What do we think, Sept 4th? Current promotion ends on the 3rd. Still sticking to my line that Kontakt 6 will be a voucher.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
v1o wrote:So how can you be so sure Massive X is not backwards compatible with Massive presets?
Well, might not be so long to find out now. What do we think, Sept 4th? Current promotion ends on the 3rd. Still sticking to my line that Kontakt 6 will be a voucher.
More likely just an announcement while kontakt is still in beta testing. They’ve done that a few times where the accouncement came mo the before something was ready.

v1o wrote:
andrew71 wrote:This seems like a bit of an odd time for NI to start releasing preset packs for Massive, if v2 (or X) is on its way.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... m-massive/

That said, the offer ends September 3rd, which might point to Komplete 12's release date being shortly afterwards.
They will maintain both products I’m sure. Massive will continue to be provided with Maschine certainly and I doubt they will abandon it too quickly. We don’t really know what Massive X will be anyways but it will be a whole separate thing, rather than replacing the older one like for example fm7 to fm8 or absynth 4 to 5.
So how can you be so sure Massive X is not backwards compatible with Massive presets?
Of course I can’t be sure but I would just personally bet against it. Massive is still an included license and so I think they will be totally separate, but who knows.

noiseboyuk wrote:
More likely just an announcement while kontakt is still in beta testing. They’ve done that a few times where the accouncement came mo the before something was ready.
I should clarify that by "voucher" I don't think it will be a literal voucher, but rather once Kontakt 6 is finally released, would be added to the account of Komplete 12 owners.

It is intriguing that Kontakt 6 has taken this long. As I recall, a good 2 years ago there was a version in Alpha, but it was pulled. That sounds like there was a major feature that was mis-conceived in some way that put it beyond help.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: It is intriguing that Kontakt 6 has taken this long. As I recall, a good 2 years ago there was a version in Alpha, but it was pulled. That sounds like there was a major feature that was mis-conceived in some way that put it beyond help.
And in the meanwhile, Falcon was launched, as well as HALion 6. Both raised the bar significantly. Of the "big three", Kontakt is currently the third, in terms of power (IMO). Probably, NI was forced to review the list of features.
Fernando (FMR)

My guess would be that the delays in release are related more to ensuring full compatibility with the hundreds (thousands even?) of premium third-party libraries, all of whom pay NI a significant fee to be part of their licensed system. On top of that the fact that, for most of their customers, Kontakt is really more of a library format than a sampler instrument, so existing libraries have to function. With it being the industry standard for use in big budget media it really needs to work perfectly out of the box, especially when its used so frequently for time-sensitive projects.

NI might be able to get away with releasing a new EDM synth with a few bugs remaining but Kontakt is a whole different story.

Aside from that, I'm still holding on my prediction that version 6 will be released in two flavours, standard and pro essentially, with standard being part of Komplete but pro being a paid upgrade.

noiseboyuk wrote:.....................
It is intriguing that Kontakt 6 has taken this long. As I recall, a good 2 years ago there was a version in Alpha, but it was pulled. That sounds like there was a major feature that was mis-conceived in some way that put it beyond help.
There was?
First time I am hearing about this.
rsp
sound sculptist

Straight2Vinyl wrote:All I really want out of NI is MPE support for all synths and a GUI upgrade for older ones like Absynth and FM7. Some entirely new products, that aren't just Kontakt libraries, or Reaktor ensembles, would be nice but first things first.
I have no hope for mpe functionality coming to the older synths. I also highly doubt there will be GUI updates for fm8, absynth and massive.

If it's coming out when everyone is expecting, I would have expected to see some merchant jumping the gun and posting information by now.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Straight2Vinyl wrote:All I really want out of NI is MPE support for all synths and a GUI upgrade for older ones like Absynth and FM7. Some entirely new products, that aren't just Kontakt libraries, or Reaktor ensembles, would be nice but first things first.
I have no hope for mpe functionality coming to the older synths. I also highly doubt there will be GUI updates for fm8, absynth and massive.
Sadly this is likely true. I'd be THRILLED If they would just f**king find a way to make Reaktor support multi core processing. It's an extremely powerful synth, which covers a lot of sonic ground, but is often not even usable for many owners due to only supporting a single super fast thread. It is clearly a major change to add, but with every single computer being built now having multiple cores, it's unacceptable to focus on other things when your current products are outdated.

fmr wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote: It is intriguing that Kontakt 6 has taken this long. As I recall, a good 2 years ago there was a version in Alpha, but it was pulled. That sounds like there was a major feature that was mis-conceived in some way that put it beyond help.
And in the meanwhile, Falcon was launched, as well as HALion 6. Both raised the bar significantly. Of the "big three", Kontakt is currently the third, in terms of power (IMO). Probably, NI was forced to review the list of features.
In terms of performance and efficiency, it's still #1 when compared to both Falcon and Halion, tho. And this is what really matters for a lot of libraries that 3rd party devs are producing for Kontakt. Any larger Kontakt orchestral lib would completely crumble on both Falcon and Halion. Tried and tested already. Falcon doesn't support multicore and has no background loading and behaves REALLY BAD with a huge number of samples in the instrument. Halion is better, but still not as good as Kontakt.

But sure, if you really need synthesis with your sampling, it's a different picture.

Return to “Instruments”