What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tehlord wrote:There are a few things that Sylenth just nailed.

1) The unison/supersaw sounds fantastic. Very easy to dial in just the right amount, and it sounds good everywhere. A lot of synths have a small unison sweet spot, Sylenth has a massive one.

2) The filter sounds good. It doesn't sound analogue, it doesn't sound fat and dirty, it just sounds good.

3) The envelopes are made of voodoo. I don't know how Lennar did it, but the envelopes are always 'just right'.
+1

DrewDale wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Its ok. I prefer Synth1
+1 sir. :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap:
Wasn't Sylenth's name a homage to Synth1??
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Yep. Sylenth1 is another league though, IMO. Synth1 sounds pretty thin and weak.

chk071 wrote:Yep. Sylenth1 is another league though, IMO. Synth1 sounds pretty thin and weak.
I do remember nailing some Sylenth presets with Synth1 though a few years back. It was a bit of fun and it might take me up to 3 instances of Synth1 layered but I really got a few pads virtually indistinguishable with Sylenth. I think Synth1 is a fantastic piece of code that can sound excellent with lots of post processing.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
DrewDale wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Its ok. I prefer Synth1
+1 sir. :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap:
Wasn't Sylenth's name a homage to Synth1??
I believe it was formed by combining these two:

synth1 + lennar digital = sylenth1

I doubt that. If it were an homage to Synth1, I would expect there to be a strong similarity, but apart from using subtractive synthesis as well, I don't see that. Synth1 is more of a conventional analog synth with sub-osc, FM and ring modulation, whereas Sylenth1 is more about wave stacking.

tehlord wrote:3) The envelopes are made of voodoo. I don't know how Lennar did it, but the envelopes are always 'just right'.

The sum of these parts mean that especially for dance music
Maybe for dance music... the envelopes is one of the things that I was never all that happy with in Sylenth.

pdxindy wrote:
tehlord wrote:3) The envelopes are made of voodoo. I don't know how Lennar did it, but the envelopes are always 'just right'.

Maybe for dance music... the envelopes is one of the things that I was never all that happy with in Sylenth.
sylenth1 is only good for dance music? so i've been using it wrong for all these years... :dog:

fisherKing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

sylenth1 is only good for dance music? so i've been using it wrong for all these years... :dog:
I didn't say that... please don't put words in my mouth. I only said the envelopes are one of the things I'm not pleased with in Sylenth

pdxindy wrote:I didn't say that... please don't put words in my mouth.
I run into that on this forum a LOT. It's like no matter what you say, people just perceive whatever they want and start arguing against figments of their own imagination.

low_low wrote:
I run into that on this forum a LOT. It's like no matter what you say, people just perceive whatever they want and start arguing against figments of their own imagination.
It's the modern epidemic!

pdxindy wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

I didn't say that... please don't put words in my mouth. I only said the envelopes are one of the things I'm not pleased with in Sylenth
you're taking this much too seriously, i thought it was funny... peace!

low_low wrote:
On the other hand, i also run into people minimizing synths to "EDM synths" or similar as well. Spire e.g. is one of the ultimate Trance machines, yet it's well suited for anything else as well. Dune 2 also gets frequently mentioned as a EDM synth, and it isn't even largely used for that. "EDM synth" seems like a negative buzzword, often use to talk down synths, because people are just not fond with their sound. The funny thing is that, in my experience, it rather proves the opposite.

chk071 wrote:
low_low wrote:
On the other hand, i also run into people minimizing synths to "EDM synths" or similar as well. Spire e.g. is one of the ultimate Trance machines, yet it's well suited for anything else as well. Dune 2 also gets frequently mentioned as a EDM synth, and it isn't even largely used for that. "EDM synth" seems like a negative buzzword, often use to talk down synths, because people are just not fond with their sound. The funny thing is that, in my experience, it rather proves the opposite.
and that's the great thing about any synth plugin; you can use it as you want. i think it's funny when someone tells to to check out "x" because it's good for hip hop (or whatever); sometimes, the fun is in using something in a totally different way...
Last edited by fisherKing on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, SYLENTH RULEZ !!!!!! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Disclaimer: just having some fun, wanna post ...

Well, does it or doesn't it? I demo'd it quite awhile back and it sounded nice. But what does the fluffmeister say? :hihi: :lol: :hihi: :lol:

Perhaps there are more competitors now? Other ''super unison'' type stuff...sure, those ...''big synth soundz''. :party: :clap: :lol: :D :party: Yet I often wonder how many of them ''big synth soundz'' I really need now-a-days. :hihi:

See, now that's the thing...

Return to “Instruments”