donkeyt - surplus value - stadium rokk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A short little song (it was originally 3 and a half minutes -I got quite brutal...) No real verse/chorus distinction, but hopefully I've got enough little hooks/variationsbreaks for it not to matter.

Think I've ripped The Killers off a bit with the delay geetars, and I've definitely ripped meself off with the lyrics, but if you can't plagiarise yourself then what can you do? :hihi:

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... -value.mp3

Might do the main vocal again yet. Not sure - it's growing on me a bit now.

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Always look forward to listening to your stuff, just for your vocals alone. As you say, hooky. Excellent as always. As they say, the cream always rises to the top. Do wish it was longer though.

You've radically improved the mixing of your vocals. Another song where I can actually understand the lyrics!

Is this another report you had to write? Statistical analysis... sounds, erm, fascinating.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Always look forward to listening to your stuff, just for your vocals alone. As you say, hooky. Excellent as always. As they say, the cream always rises to the top. Do wish it was longer though.
Heheh, I think we're always going to differ on short songs, which is fine - no right answer as ever. I love em though -usually always try to cut things down as far as I can, the philosophy of, 'leave them wanting more' etc.

I likey this muchly.

I think you are right about the vocal, especially in the beginning section, as you say a lot of S'ss which catch as there isn't a lot of other sounds in there to mask the sibilance.

Overall killer piece :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

sjm wrote:You've radically improved the mixing of your vocals. Another song where I can actually understand the lyrics!

Is this another report you had to write? Statistical analysis... sounds, erm, fascinating.
I used the new technique I've discovered of, 'turning the f**kers up...'. :clown:

You guessed right- I was writing some bus related drivel, and compiling yet another spreadsheet, and thought, "f**k it", and stopped and wrote the lyrics for most of this. :x

Eauson wrote:I likey this muchly.

I think you are right about the vocal, especially in the beginning section, as you say a lot of S'ss which catch as there isn't a lot of other sounds in there to mask the sibilance.

Overall killer piece :D
I possibly could have only picked worse words if I'd had, 'she sells seashells..etc'. :hihi: Nowt that a bit more level on the de-esser won't fix I think. I was more concerned about some of the wayward wailing later on when I got a bit, 'enthusiastic' with some of the vibrato. :scared:

Like it. Interesting. The backing has a sort of familiarity - odd that.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Nice one. Miles better than any of the shite clogging up the charts nowadays. :tu:
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

I enjoyed your song. I could make out the vocals pretty well. Although your choice of sounds and the mix does compete with them some, it’s your style.

folderol wrote:Like it. Interesting. The backing has a sort of familiarity - odd that.
Reminds me of a few things too, but not one in particular I can put my finger on, so I might be safe.. :hihi:

beanpole wrote:Nice one. Miles better than any of the shite clogging up the charts nowadays. :tu:

Cheers. Although I couldn't tell you who's in the 'hit parade' these days. :scared:

fastlanephil wrote:I enjoyed your song. I could make out the vocals pretty well. Although your choice of sounds and the mix does compete with them some, it’s your style.
I do like a lot (and then some...) of guitars. As I've got them all double tracked and panned out to the sides here then it's not so bad - twice the work though!

Rhyming analysis with paralysis is ok in my book. I think this is only the second track I can recall whose lyrics contain the word analysis. The mix is well-balanced, the lyrics are clear, and the song does leave me wanting more.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Rhyming analysis with paralysis is ok in my book. I think this is only the second track I can recall whose lyrics contain the word analysis. The mix is well-balanced, the lyrics are clear, and the song does leave me wanting more.

Good work :)
OK, I cheated....

https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/analysis

Killing Joke (who I do like, but never heard this song, honest guvn'r) used the same rhyme!

Return to “Music Cafe”