Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NoirSuede wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
bitman wrote:Big Lucy! - Alright, a guy!

It's about time. We have Alexa, Cortana?, Siri , Lucy and a host of vocalloid bots but no Steves.
Vocaloid has quite a few male vocalists

Dex
Cyber Songman
YOHIO
Don't forget KAITO!

unfortunately those are the only 4 voices still useable in V5, the Vocaloid userbase has this odd prejudice against males and old people for some reason.
ha! what we really need: more old, white male voices; not enough of that in the world... :D

I wouldn't mind a voice like Brett Sparks of The Handsome Family (True Detective season 1 theme – Far from Any Road).

Hint, hint, Emvoice…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

bitman wrote:All of society does.
Whatygonna do.
Smash the system! :evil:

Long time lurker here, but just signed up finally coz I tried the beta and wanted to show you how the workflow is and how the sound compared to Vocaloid5 (which i dont own so i found a test clip on youtube). I'm super impressed really, sounds muuuuuuch more natural and useable than vocaloid. Lightyears ahead. Hope the price wont be too much higher than it is for vocaloid.

VOCALOID 5 vs EMVOICE ONE (Beta)
https://youtu.be/Ar3Z3deVtOQ

Also not sure why people started saying $200 for subscription, he never said that. Susbscription models are dumb anyway, just pay up front and you end up paying less overall. If you can't afford $100-200 as a one time payment then you should really not be spending any money on software each month! lol. And why is cloud based a problem, who the hell doesnt have internet yet has a computer and DAW?!!

signalrecords wrote: who the hell doesnt have internet yet has a computer and DAW?!!
People like me (out in the sticks) still don't have fast broadband, so anything cloud based is not going to work.

signalrecords wrote:Long time lurker here, but just signed up finally coz I tried the beta and wanted to show you how the workflow is and how the sound compared to Vocaloid5 (which i dont own so i found a test clip on youtube). I'm super impressed really, sounds muuuuuuch more natural and useable than vocaloid. Lightyears ahead. Hope the price wont be too much higher than it is for vocaloid.

Also not sure why people started saying $200 for subscription, he never said that. Susbscription models are dumb anyway, just pay up front and you end up paying less overall. If you can't afford $100-200 as a one time payment then you should really not be spending any money on software each month! lol. And why is cloud based a problem, who the hell doesnt have internet yet has a computer and DAW?!!
:party:

Can I quote you again? "Note that the clicky audio was caused by running screen capture software and Logic at the same time... it didnt have that issue normally"
Thanks!
Express Yourself.

@signalrecords: that video was a cruel head shot to Vocaloid! ;-)

I have to go back to the Lucy beta, now that the server problems seem to be a thing of the past.

I agree about subscriptions. They're OK for a newspaper that you read every morning and generally for services that you use frequently and regularly. But for a jack-of-all-trades person like myself (videographer and editor, writer, photographer, occasional songwriter, etc.), a sub is a deal killer, unless it can be adapted to the individual. If I spend, say, two weeks working on a song, and then travel for two months shooting video and then editing – you can see that a sub would be the worst solution imaginable. For me, splashing out the entrance ticket in one go would be much preferable.

/Joachim

signalrecords wrote:Long time lurker here, but just signed up finally coz I tried the beta and wanted to show you how the workflow is and how the sound compared to Vocaloid5 (which i dont own so i found a test clip on youtube). I'm super impressed really, sounds muuuuuuch more natural and useable than vocaloid. Lightyears ahead. Hope the price wont be too much higher than it is for vocaloid.

LMAO. If you think that Emvoice is light years ahead of Vocaloid, you need to get your ears checked, seriously.

Your test is laughable at best and insulting at worst. You don't own Vocaloid so you have absolutely NO idea what it's capable of. You're going by some clip you found on Youtube. Yeah, that's real scientific.

Probably shouldn't expect better from some new guy with one post.

Thanks for that video shootout.

Workflow is easy when they are all quarter notes yes, and no variations. Nevertheless thanks.

I see Vocaliod puts the words by the blobs. Cool. Emvoice, do that. :-) I have to delete notes in tricky areas just to find out again what's what sometimes. I also noted how you un-joined the See and Won't by shortening See. - I fight with that. Thanks, that should help.

After doing a verse and chorus of the song I'm having Lucy sing, I am noticing a definitive Asian accent? over all. Are all droids of Asian persuasion?
Last edited by bitman on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:

LMAO. If you think that Emvoice is light years ahead of Vocaloid, you need to get your ears checked, seriously.

Your test is laughable at best and insulting at worst. You don't own Vocaloid so you have absolutely NO idea what it's capable of. You're going by some clip you found on Youtube. Yeah, that's real scientific.

can't you reply to anything without being combative and rude? anyway, anyway, it's really not about which is better, it STILL comes down to the music you make, so... a better song made with emvoice will trump a lesser song made with vocaloid (and of course, vice versa).

wagtunes wrote: LMAO. If you think that Emvoice is light years ahead of Vocaloid, you need to get your ears checked, seriously.

can't you reply to anything without being combative and rude? anyway, it's really not about which is better, it STILL comes down to the music you make, so... a better song made with emvoice will trump a lesser song made with vocaloid (and of course, vice versa).
Last edited by fisherKing on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:LMAO. If you think that Emvoice is light years ahead of Vocaloid, you need to get your ears checked, seriously.

Your test is laughable at best and insulting at worst. You don't own Vocaloid so you have absolutely NO idea what it's capable of.
Hi Wag! Thought you'd left the room since you're not interested in Emvoice.

But since you seem to be the Vocaloid expert around here, why not show us a sample of what Vocaloid is really capable of, using that same little ABC snippet?

I'm not being ironic – I've never tried Vocaloid but I am in the market for a state-of-the-art voice program, for working mock-ups mostly.

/Joachim

In tha test, Vocaloid sounds nasal and digital in comparison to Emvoice that sounds smoother and more natural.

Maybe one or both of them can do better, but I haven’t heard anyone on here do that.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

The problem with this vid isn't really that the Vocaloid representative is only from a youtube video, it's that you are comparing a shiny brand-new voicebank (Emvoice) to an outdated voicebank from 2013 that's known even when it was brand new as one of the worst Vocaloid voicebanks you could possibly buy (Hatsune Miku V3 English).
Last edited by NoirSuede on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spitfire31 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:LMAO. If you think that Emvoice is light years ahead of Vocaloid, you need to get your ears checked, seriously.

Your test is laughable at best and insulting at worst. You don't own Vocaloid so you have absolutely NO idea what it's capable of.
Hi Wag! Thought you'd left the room since you're not interested in Emvoice.

But since you seem to be the Vocaloid expert around here, why not show us a sample of what Vocaloid is really capable of, using that same little ABC snippet?

I'm not being ironic – I've never tried Vocaloid but I am in the market for a state-of-the-art voice program, for working mock-ups mostly.

/Joachim
My Vocaloid playlist on Soundcloud more than shows what Vocaloid is capable of.

And please, let's be straight about this. Vocaloid is still just Vocaloid. It isn't some magic bullet that's suddenly going to give you vocals like a Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Celine Dionne, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight or even a Taylor Swift. All vocal synths lack these basic things.

1. Vocal strength, whether it be from a big voice box or powerful lungs.

2. Vocal character as in the dirt and grit that comes from vocals like a Rod Stewart or a Joe Cocker. It's never going to happen. The best you're getting out of Vocaloid or any vocal synth is, as I said, something like Jackie Ralph of "The Bells" in that song "Stay Awhile" with those airy, breathy vocals. And even she blows Vocaloid and everything else away as far as realism. Not just in diction but in vocal presence.

Having said that, the two competing products that I have heard so far, while "at times" having slightly clearer diction, suffer from the same plastic lack of character sound. However, Vocaloid's character is absolutely better than the other two products. If you've worked with it long enough and then listen to the competition, it's crystal clear to hear.

You want to hear what Vocaloid is capable of, AND, so much easier to accomplish compared to the obvious limitations of these products, listen to my Vocaloid channel at Soundcloud.

Having said that, I can't in good conscience recommend Vocaloid 5. it is a royal PITA to work with. If you can somehow get a copy or Vocaloid 4 and own Cubase, get it. If not, stay away from Vocaloid as well. Working with Vocaloid 5 will have you pulling your hair out of your head when it comes to editing and even just entering song lyrics. It is not nearly as flexible as Vocaloid 4. I don't know what Yamaha was thinking when they made this thing. Yes, it has a slightly improved sound engine (and I do mean slightly improved) the work flow just kills it. I only use it when I want to use one of the 2 voices that comes with it, neither of which are anywhere near as good as some of the older voices that I own.

In short, I am still waiting for a "really great" vocal synth. It still does not exist. But from what I've heard, Vocaloid 4 is still the best of everything else that's out there.

And yes, that's MY opinion.

Return to “Instruments”