SlateDigital new FG-A beats API

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-A Vintage EQ

@badass_billy

what you say makes more sense when you explain it like that. sorry for defaulting to tone policing.
still, i don't like to lump entire groups of people into one target i can paint with a single caustic name

(and i still don't like the phrase 'fake news')

Slate will indeed go iLok Cloud. Nice.

Fleer wrote:Slate will indeed go iLok Cloud. Nice.
When they get around to it. :hihi:

badass_billy wrote:
sleepcircle wrote:also if this presidency has done nothing else to harm the world, it has seen the introduction of the term "fake news," the personal battlecry of everyone who doesn't want to listen to anyone else.
The term "advertorial" has been around for a long time.

"Native Advertising" is sort of a newer one, made popular around the early 2000's. At least as it applies to online marketing.

No one's trying to start any holy wars. Just trying to help others become aware of some of the devices used by marketers to manipulate public perception of their product. I'm not lying when I say that negative reviews are wiped off gearslutz.

Follow the link:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... lizer.html

Now count how many posts have been deleted. It actually shows you which posts have been deleted if you look. And there's a ton of them. I got a chance to view them before they were wiped out, and they were all civil. But they were critical of Slate. And that's what happens on gearslutz when you're critical of those on their protected list. One of the deleted posts, by the way, was a comparison I put together of API plugins, comparing them to hardware. And the results of them were so similar, no person could possibly conclude that there was a meaningful difference between the Waves, Slate, Acustica and the hardware.

Next thing I knew, it was vapor!

It's damaging to the free market and hurts consumers. And people need to be aware of it.
Thats an interesting point.

There has been this long held misperception comparing one emulation with the next reveals how much better one plugin is better than the others. In the early days that may have been the case, however these days it just breeds a misunderstanding and reinforces personal bias.

All analogue devices are different, the older they are, the bigger they vary. A large part of these comparisons just reveals analogue's unpredictable nature and not the competency of developers.

The more modern the tech though, the less the tolerances and the lower the possibility of it being abused of having parts replaced. To this end, I've always wondered how emulations of ultra modern analog devices would fair.

Slate vs Waves vs Acustica vs whoever. Really aren't we beyond all this now?? Are people's egos really that important that dates like this in 2018 still matter?!?

badass_billy wrote:One of the deleted posts, by the way, was a comparison I put together of API plugins, comparing them to hardware. And the results of them were so similar, no person could possibly conclude that there was a meaningful difference between the Waves, Slate, Acustica and the hardware.

Next thing I knew, it was vapor!
Can you repost this here, or prove that this was the exact content of your deleted post? Because I was following the GS thread closely before Mod intervention and don't recall any such *detailed* comparison, esp. involving hardware.

You seem to have a very strong bias against Slate which has long gone beyond trolling into serious attempts to harm their reputation (what's the exact English term for that?!). So I would suggest that you prove your statements, or tone it down.

Waves API and Slate API sound identical and are identical when examined with tools. And are identical with the hardware - within an acceptable margin of difference. That's your statement - now go ahead and prove it.
Last edited by bbtr on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'd also suggest that the mods look into your activity in this thread and make a decision whether it's against the rules or is perfectly OK.

bbtr wrote:Can you repost this here, or prove that this was the exact content of your deleted post? Because I was following the GS thread closely before Mod intervention and don't recall any such *detailed* comparison, esp. involving hardware.

You seem to have a very strong bias against Slate which has long gone beyond trolling into serious attempts to harm their reputation (what's the exact English term for that?!). So I would suggest that you prove your statements, or tone it down.

Waves API and Slate API sound identical and are identical when examined with tools. And are identical with the hardware - within an acceptable margin of difference. That's your statement - now go ahead and prove it.
No good comes from deleting posts that follow the rules and may show a company in a different light then from the bandwagon filled with fanbois. There is a reason reputable companies offer user reviews, ratings and feedback, both positive and negative that are publicly available. It's when moderators, forums and users try to control the narrative and become exactly what they are preaching against. Just because you feel threatened by someone else's opinion doesn't make it deletable. We are grownup enough to make up our own minds based on all the information and facts.

Gearslutz does more harm then good these days showing only one side of the story. Why would a new consumer ever trust a place that deletes what goes against their advertisers and marketeers opinions?

Plus a lot of old school, out of work engineers, like to try and underhandedly push their services with their presence and pretentious attitudes towards young and up and coming engineers that are taking their clients.

They seem to think Gearslutz is where people buy ads and their dedicated fan bases support them to help sell more products. It used to be a place where people talked about gear and not being force fed talking points.

How many damn pop-up banners and ads does one web site need? Do you really need more of that crap carrying over to the posts in the forums too? Seems like the greed and direction has been misplaced, while being controlled by the minds and hands of out of touch so called audio experts.

bbtr wrote:You seem to have a very strong bias against Slate which has long gone beyond trolling into serious attempts to harm their reputation ...
I was upset my posts were deleted, but I'm over it now. They make perfectly fine product, and every business has a right to market as aggressively as they wish, and to use whatever tactics help sell their product, as long as they stay within the law. It's the free market in action. I've had my say here. No further venom.

It's possible that it could just be gearslutz mods. In which case, that's too bad, because their actions might actually be hurting the reputation of their advertisers.
bbtr wrote:Can you repost this here, or prove that this was the exact content of your deleted post?
How am I supposed to do that if the post was deleted? :hihi: :hihi:

Can you upload .wav files here? I don't see anywhere to attach them.

bbtr wrote:You seem to have a very strong bias against Slate which has long gone beyond trolling into serious attempts to harm their reputation (what's the exact English term for that?!). So I would suggest that you prove your statements, or tone it down.
I'll prove right now that I'm not just imagining things or trying to make stuff up in some sort of personal vendetta against Slate.

I created an account on Gearsluts. I named him "Slate Fan." :hihi:

I'm going to say something mildly critical about Slate, in a thread about Slate products. But totally harmless. And I'll say something about iLok, because that's a sure-fire way to get your posts removed in Slate threads, and on Gearslutz in general.

I'll take a screen shot of the post, and we'll see how long it takes for my post to be removed. My guess is it will be removed within 24 hours. And I'm willing to bet $100 donated in your name to the charity of your choice ... if it lasts more than 48 hours.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... t-own.html

[Screenshiot attached]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Interrupting thread discussions by going on and on and on about something else will get your posts deleted for going off subject.

Try the demo, I suppose :roll:
Last edited by The Noodlist on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Hahaha ! ! ! !

Just as I predicted.

It went POOF ! ! !

badass_billy wrote:Hahaha ! ! ! !

Just as I predicted.

It went POOF ! ! !
to be fair, if i were a Gearslutz mod and i read this thread on KVR, i'd delete this post too as it's clearly not posted in good faith.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:
badass_billy wrote: to be fair, if i were a Gearslutz mod and i read this thread on KVR, i'd delete this post too as it's clearly not posted in good faith.
Not in good faith if you're Gearslutz.

But very much good faith if you're a consumer.

I think consumers have a right to know when they're not getting the full story. Like if Amazon suddenly started deleting negative reviews on some of their products. Or if Yelp suddenly started wiping away negative reviews of certain restaurants?

What good would they be? They'd just be advertising outlets, existing for the sole purpose of the advertiser.

Which I have nothing against. Gearslutz I'm sure has bills to pay and mouths to feed. But what I take issue with is that it parades as a Discussion Forum. When it's not. This place right here, KVR, is an actual discussion forum. We're talking old-school, BBS style discussion.

Gearslutz is not, and people should be aware of that. Nothing against Steven Slate. They make good product. But if they try to tell you "Look at all the great feedback we get online, and listen to all the great shootouts!" ....

Don't believe it. They're not telling you that they monitor the comments users are making on certain sites, and they delete shootouts that aren't favorable to their product.

Be an informed consumer. And if you don't like it, send feedback to them. Email Slate and tell them you don't agree with their practices and won't buy their product. Email Gearslutz and tell them they should put a giant disclaimer on their site that they exist for the benefit of the advertiser.

Or don't, and buy their product anyway because you like it! But be an informed consumer, and exercise your rights as a customer. I don't know about you, but I might spend around a couple grand per year on DAW-related effects and tools. I'm a true gear slut! They exist because of me and other customers. We pay for their health insurance and their kids' tuition. All of their life's dreams are possible because of us, the consumer.

They damn sure better listen to us and take our input seriously.

you have clearly missed my point and went on a pointless rant about something i did not say or imply. i'll explain my post in more details.

it would've been a post in good faith if you wanted to say what you wanted to say. however, that's not what you did - you didn't post that just as honest feedback to Slate, you have devised some sort of "test" for Gearslutz mods to fall into, and used this post as means to prove some other point about Gearslutz mods, unrelated to the thread.

this is why i said, if i were a Gearslutz mod and i read KVR, i would've removed your post without a second thought - because a dude coming from somewhere else to test Gearslutz moderation policies is by definition not acting in good faith.

imagine i had a beef with Hink, mod at KVR. if i called you a piece of shit, i'd be acting in good faith - and Hink could've removed my post, or let it stay. if i called you a piece of shit in order to get at Hink and posted about this on some other forum, if Hink saw that other post, he would likely immediately remove my post, and would have been right to do it because the point of the post was not to call you a piece of shit, but to prove a point about Hink. do you understand what i mean by "posting not in good faith" now?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”