Sound Presets for a Desert Island

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you could only choose ONE (okay or two or three) collection of sound presets for any one of your VST synths, what would it be ? Not the presets that come with your synth, but something you get that's optional.

Pretty much anything by Aiyn Zahev or Luftrum.

Howard Scarr, Nori Ubukata and BigTone’s presets are great.

Padsheaven bundle from Joseph Hollo for Zebra.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

VintageSynthPads.com especially the Omnisphere 2 and Repro-5 sets.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Michael Kastrup ZebraSkools

But on the island you have enough time to create your own, no internet distraction, plenty of time to learn the synth...

My own, for Absynth. Full stop.

Tj Shredder wrote:But on the island you have enough time to create your own, no internet distraction, plenty of time to learn the synth...
but no electricity.
probably best to spend your time finding food and a fresh water source, than pissing around with synths.

Zexila wrote:Padsheaven bundle from Joseph Hollo for Zebra.

+1

vurt wrote:
Tj Shredder wrote:But on the island you have enough time to create your own, no internet distraction, plenty of time to learn the synth...
but no electricity.
probably best to spend your time finding food and a fresh water source, than pissing around with synths.
Oh there are wind mills and solar panels of course, and an old bike to push it up a bit. Very expressive...

I'm no preset guy, but if I had to take some presets with me, I'd probably choose some of Howard's sets like The Dark Zebra or the new Zebratron soundset just to take them apart and learn from them.

Anything for Repro from sound7 or luftrum

done

Can't fault any of the above.

To add a couple more excellent developers' names, I'd take anything for the u-he synths by ZenSound, Leap into the Void and The Unfinished.

Return to “Soundware”