Most undiscussed vst synths

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Originally I wanted to say Vocaloid, but then I remembered about the huge thread about it here (that is lots of people's first contact with us music producers) :lol:

So instead I'm gonna say Crystal, for a free VST it sure is very deep:

http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/about.html

martinjuenke wrote:
cron wrote: Strobe 2 is another. It's a fairly straightforward looking synth on the surface and you perhaps think "just how powerful can a one-osc VA be?" The answer is remarkably so. FXpansion's modulation system is the most extraordinary out there. Even unison voice number is exposed as a modulation source, so you can pull off insane feats like every voice in a unison stack having its own oscillator sync (or any other) value. Harmor also exposes unison voice number as a modulator, by-the-by.
Combine Strobe2 with a Roli Seaboard and you‘re blown away and will never again think about something else... :party:
100% agree with you, now with Cypher2, and equator, a lot of synthesis is covered.
Best
YY

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:.........sometimes really good stuff remain in a shadow of discussion
The "shadow of discussion", staring Bela Lugosi and Dwight Frye.....
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Whywhy wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
cron wrote: Strobe 2 is another. It's a fairly straightforward looking synth on the surface and you perhaps think "just how powerful can a one-osc VA be?" The answer is remarkably so. FXpansion's modulation system is the most extraordinary out there. Even unison voice number is exposed as a modulation source, so you can pull off insane feats like every voice in a unison stack having its own oscillator sync (or any other) value. Harmor also exposes unison voice number as a modulator, by-the-by.
Combine Strobe2 with a Roli Seaboard and you‘re blown away and will never again think about something else... :party:
100% agree with you, now with Cypher2, and equator, a lot of synthesis is covered.
I hope that ROLI puts the upgrade from Equator Player to full version eventually on sale...

AdmiralQ's PolyAna doesn't get enuf discussion specially the effects version. Here's a demo I made processing an electric guitar track through PolyAnaFX.

Before..... https://soundcloud.com/smh2600/clean-st ... -polyanafx

After....... https://soundcloud.com/smh2600/admiral- ... b-on-strat

PolyAna (perfect name btw) was pretty "big" on KVR for a while I think. There was an update to the GUI recently? Always meant to try it...

Circle 2 hasn't had a lot of love here unless I've missed a few threads - it's got a decent feature-set and that great modulation system, though I think maybe the filters were a bit weak? I have a license but had some problems installing when I switched back to Windows and just haven't gotten around to messing with it - may be that it sounds better than I remember (and I think the presets were a bit unusual).

Although not the most non-discussed, below is a list of VST synths that I find are good, but rarely discussed on KVR Audio at this time:

* Applied Acoustics Systems Ultra Analog VA-2
* Fabfilter Twin 2
* iZotope Iris 2
* Rob Papen Predator 2
* Tone2 Electra 2

Silaris wrote:Although not the most non-discussed, below is a list of VST synths that I find are good, but rarely discussed on KVR Audio at this time:

* Fabfilter Twin 2
* iZotope Iris 2
* Rob Papen Predator 2
* Tone2 Electra 2
+1 for Iris 2. Awesome concept, sounds great, and the workflow is great.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Silaris wrote:Although not the most non-discussed, below is a list of VST synths that I find are good, but rarely discussed on KVR Audio at this time:

* Fabfilter Twin 2
* iZotope Iris 2
* Rob Papen Predator 2
* Tone2 Electra 2
Twin 2 is a beautiful synth, and easy on the eyes.

+1 for Strobe 2.
His one page synthesis parameters has really a lot to offer.
Really like the way it sounds.

JoeCat wrote:PolyAna (perfect name btw) was pretty "big" on KVR for a while I think. There was an update to the GUI recently? Always meant to try it...
Yea you can customize the GUI...... http://www.admiralquality.com/poly-ana-custom-skins/

And yes- what a perfect name for an analog poly-synth!!

Nobody ever really talks about Europa, even now that it is possible to purchase it for any DAW. I've heard a very few people say they were considering buying it, but very little actual discussion about it.

low_low wrote:Nobody ever really talks about Europa, even now that it is possible to purchase it for any DAW. I've heard a very few people say they were considering buying it, but very little actual discussion about it.
I love the hell out of Europa. Especially considering both that and Thor are in Reason Lite. Such a powerful little synth, and, dare I say, a slight tint of KORG Oasys PCI vibes.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

twitewhite wrote:Synth1 isn't that great, even compared to other free synths. It's not bad by any means, but let's be honest. It's only is popular because it's free, there are many tutorials on it, and many soundbanks for it (and free and small file size, of course).
I have to disagree with you 100%. Synth1 (IMO) is an excellent plug, free or not. :D

low_low wrote:

* Fabfilter Twin 2
* iZotope Iris 2
* Rob Papen Predator 2
* Tone2 Electra 2
Twin 2 is a beautiful synth, and easy on the eyes.
+1

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”