Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
T-RackS Group Buy! Up to 5 free mixing and mastering processors!

T-RackS Group Buy - EXTENDED!

Up to 10 for the price of 1 possible.

Mixing and mastering processors, including Lurssen Mastering Console.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
Compyfox
KVRAF

14235 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 am Re: Youlean Loudness Meter v2 has been released!

Youlean wrote:Also, I guess I will need to write that this price is the without VAT.

Sorry for the troubles.

So VAT is still on top where VAT applies... Should have really been made clear right from the start.
Also, it wasn't just mere 3 EUR more - but thanks for finally addressing this...

And Youlean LM2 going into competition with Ian Shepherd?
Not really... Way different concepts.

mutantdog wrote:I'll also repeat my previous request for at least one visual iteration between 1 and 2 hour so i don't have to zoom out so far to view a 65 minute project.

Why not offer an option to insert a custom value?
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ] | [ Video Project (in the making) ]
DFoisie
KVRist

216 posts since 22 Jan, 2013

Postby DFoisie; Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:46 am Re: Youlean Loudness Meter v2 has been released!

plexuss wrote:
Youlean wrote:
EnderWillSaveUs wrote:Seems like it might be a rival to Ian’s plugin with the paid feature? Any thoughts?

It indeed it is. :D

Ya. I didn't buy his. way too expensive. I mean, $ / increased quality of work just wasn't there for me. But your's is and so I bought it immediately. I really want a plugin that does all the metering I need. and the YLM2 is the closest so far.

Still missing: ISP meter including "ISP density" (number of estimated ISP's per given time) including selection of different encodings. so like an ISP Density for uncompressed, and a couple different codec choices. sort of like what Nugen does but with density not just when they occur. I need to know how many ISPs might be genereated to make decisions about how to adjust loudness etc. the more of the risk the more I might make a comprimise. also if a specific section of audio has more ISP risk I may opt to fix that area. just know that they occur (like a clip indicator) is not enough to make any decision about it. the only plugin I know that does this is apple's roundtripacc tool. having this in a loudness plugin would give so much more to an engineer in terms of getting the best audio quality. :phones:

Just curious what plugin you're referring to. I don't know Ian?
plexuss
KVRAF

2100 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby plexuss; Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am Re: Youlean Loudness Meter v2 has been released!

DFoisie wrote:Just curious what plugin you're referring to. I don't know Ian?

https://www.meterplugs.com/
DFoisie
KVRist

Postby DFoisie; Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 am Re: Youlean Loudness Meter v2 has been released!

plexuss wrote:

I take it, you mean dynameter?
lumcas
KVRist

112 posts since 1 Feb, 2005

Postby lumcas; Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:27 pm Re: Youlean Loudness Meter v2 has been released!

DFoisie wrote:
plexuss wrote:

...yes, with LCAST combined:-)
plexuss
KVRAF

Um, how do I save all the settings of the plugin so that they load as defaut in subequent instantiations. I did RTFM. I don't see how. Please dont tell me I have to set all the settings every time I open a new instance, that would just be ultra-bad design. :phones:
lumcas
KVRist

112 posts since 1 Feb, 2005
plexuss wrote:Um, how do I save all the settings of the plugin so that they load as defaut in subequent instantiations. I did RTFM. I don't see how. Please dont tell me I have to set all the settings every time I open a new instance, that would just be ultra-bad design. :phones:

That would be terrible indeed. I simply use daw preset system (Pro Tools and Nuendo in my case), everything works and recalls as expected.
plexuss
KVRAF

lumcas wrote:
plexuss wrote:Um, how do I save all the settings of the plugin so that they load as defaut in subequent instantiations. I did RTFM. I don't see how. Please dont tell me I have to set all the settings every time I open a new instance, that would just be ultra-bad design. :phones:

That would be terrible indeed. I simply use daw preset system (Pro Tools and Nuendo in my case), everything works and recalls as expected.

That worked, thanks. I'm used to presets being in the plugin, as most of the tools I use have that. Thanks for the reminder because setting all those params for a custom set up every project would be nuts. :phones:
Hermetech Mastering
KVRian

933 posts since 30 May, 2003, from Paris

Postby Hermetech Mastering; Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:45 pm Re: NEW Youlean Loudness Meter has been released - $27 until Sunday

Yep. It would be great to haver a "Save current state as Default" button somewhere, so all new instances started with that.
mutantdog
KVRAF

1608 posts since 21 Sep, 2007, from The Infinite Void
Agreed, I've had my preferred state saved as part of a DAW template but it would be better to be able to save as default state.

I've found some minor bug with the update reminder, the link to visit website opens up the Ableton program folder rather than opening Firefox.
DFoisie
KVRist

Postby DFoisie; Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:20 am Re: Youlean Loudness Meter v2 has been released!

lumcas wrote:
DFoisie wrote:
plexuss wrote:

Sweet. Def will check this out. Since we are on the subject, any cheap alternatives to there perception plugin...looks interesting
heavymetalmixer
KVRist

221 posts since 8 Jan, 2017

Postby heavymetalmixer; Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:30 am Re: Youlean Loudness Meter v2 has been released!

DFoisie wrote:
lumcas wrote:
DFoisie wrote:
plexuss wrote:

Sweet. Def will check this out. Since we are on the subject, any cheap alternatives to there perception plugin...looks interesting

The TB Pro Audio AB Level Matching. The VST version is paid, but the JSFX version is free.
EnochLight
KVRian

917 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:05 am Re: Youlean Loudness Meter v2 has been released!

Dozius wrote:Cute easter egg. :lol:
youllybird.png

How do you activate this? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.2 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
U-o
KVRian

956 posts since 16 Nov, 2011
FL Studio Producer Edition + Native Plugin Effects, Sanford Reverb, Tritik Krush, Ursa Lagrange, Valhalla Vintage Verb + Harmless, Harmor
Hermetech Mastering
KVRian

933 posts since 30 May, 2003, from Paris

Postby Hermetech Mastering; Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am Re: NEW Youlean Loudness Meter has been released - $27 until Sunday

Keep clicking on the "By Youlean" text in the Settings...
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects