Metric AB from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got a coupon code bringing the price down to "only" $99 ... they've got to be kidding. Way overpriced imho.

My offer shows $129 vs $179 regular.

That’s a big nope from me at either price.

mtelesha wrote:I guess people equate high price with quality and is the only reason in the world why FabFilter's Gate is $119 on sale. A GATE
Try it first :wink:

Well Metric AB seems to show more information than the other plugins and offers a factory of sources to compare with too. But 179/199$ is way too much money. We can already get comparison with hofa blindtest which is free... What exactly is unique that justifies 199$??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at their Facebook group, there's a $99 voucher for everyone to use. Plugin alliance audiophiles

dermage wrote:Look at their Facebook group, there's a $99 voucher for everyone to use. Plugin alliance audiophiles
At least you can also use the monthly voucher. So got it for $49+vat. So about the same price as I originally paid for Magic AB.
Last edited by rollasoc on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

The high asking price is probably just their way of earning SOME money in spite of their running discount/voucher programmes so as not to affect them. Either way, quite laughable that the heavy hitter discount is the exact same as the public voucher code in the FB group, a bit of a face slap.

A very big face slap for not so heavy hitters with a mail discount of 50$ instead of this ominous 99$ Facebook thing! Embarrassing! :roll:

I cant justify buying it. MCompare also has the ability to compare with track audio in real time so Metric AB brings nothing for $50 to the table for me. too bad they didnt implement that such an easy "win". oh well, saves me $. :phones:

rollasoc wrote:
dermage wrote:Look at their Facebook group, there's a $99 voucher for everyone to use. Plugin alliance audiophiles
Which makes a laughing stock of having an email with the heavy hitters discount code, which is redundant, if you are going to post the same discount on Facebook.

At least you can also use the monthly voucher. So got it for $49+vat. So about the same price as I originally paid for Magic AB.
I'm going to check for that. That would make it viable.

I don't believe I have any use for a tool such as this.

I was able to get it for $75 using my voucher and the code on the plugin alliance audiophiles facebook page.

Still more than I wanted to pay considering I already have Magic AB, but I think that's a good price. It replaces Magic AB and acts as an analysis suite.

I have the plugin named Reference. So am wondering about whether to get this also. I see that this provides more detailed info, though Reference is easy to use and match the reference track, and works sort of like the new Izotope Tonal Balance.

I can see using both -- Reference to get a big picture, and Metric AB to see more detailed comparison info. Hmmm... Any Reference users have any thoughts about getting this too, and if so why?

What a shame.

1. where can i find plugin alliance audiophiles facebook page?
edit found, sadly no member yet and no voucher :/

2. does someone still have a voucher?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:1. where can i find plugin alliance audiophiles facebook page?
edit found, sadly no member yet and no voucher :/

2. does someone still have a voucher?
PM‘d

Return to “Effects”