What gear are you about to sell and why?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any of you who doesn't buy and sell gear during the years for different reasons? I do but fortunately have reasons to do so beyond GAS. Thus, I wanted to make a thread where people can give their rational reasons for selling their gear and help us to just let it go. Besides, I am always curious about how people make use of gear, and info about what they will not use any more and why may be just as informative as info about what they use.

Personally I am about to say goodbye to my Korg minilogue. Love the metallic and dirty electro sound of it but it is redundant in my new set up. Like to keep my number of synths within the span of my working memory and have 7 + a controller. That is already 4 units beyond the comfort zone of my memory span. I could reduce it further by 2 but I allow my self 2 "Luxury" units for the sound of them alone; Bass station 2 and Toraiz as-1.

Just sold my pumped up MC909 and that hurt but I did not have any role for it anymore beyond as a (very large) effect processer and wanted a Korg Karma instead. Besides the guy that bought it was overly happy and said he had waited for such a fully expanded version to show up for 15 years. Made it quite easier to let it go.

So what are you about to sell and why? What are the pro and cons and will you have to cut off some gear detachment in this regard?

Feel free to share any thoughts, struggles and/or relief in this regard

Cheers
IX
Last edited by IncarnateX on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm willing to let go a vintage seventies 4x12" guitar speaker cabinet.
Once was part of either a London City or Sound City stack, can't remember.

No shipping, only to be picked up in Utrecht.
Reason: I'm moving house and it takes up too much space.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Ive only sold a few bits of hardware in the past and with very few exceptions Ive always regretted it a fair bit afterwards. So I dont think I'll bother in future.
Ive sold a few bits of software recently, out of a long list I was going to get rid of. But there's been that little interest in what's left Ive kind of given up and reinstalled most of it.
I will probably be selling the cheap Samplitude X3 bundle I got though, since it was cheaper to re-buy with the X4 update path than the various updates will be.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

hashish.
a friend wants some.

vurt wrote:hashish.
a friend wants some.
I'll be right over! :hug:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Don’t be boring guys. Selling Ganja is quite trivial isn’t it? I know attachment can be as high as with music gear or beyond but still :zzz:

it's as much a part of my studio as my guitars, synths or pedals. it's present on every mix in fact, whereas most other equipment isn't on every mix.
plus, it's the only gear i was selling, anything else would have been a lie.

I'm also in the don't sell camp. I've only ever sold a few bits and these are things I absolutely despised.

Waldorf Blofeld
Strymon Mobius
Frontier Alphatrack
Novation Remote SL61 Mk2 (ok this I didn't hate, just never used it)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I rarely sell any hardware. The only synth that went elsewhere this year was a Moog Opus 3. I sold it to create some space in my small studio.

I have a BOSS SP505, Yamaha A3000 & Roland S700 that could go, but there's not a lot of demand for old samplers.

Anyone interested? ;)

ive got the roland 505!
keep intending to use it for a mike pattonesque style thing :)

vurt wrote:ive got the roland 505!
keep intending to use it for a mike pattonesque style thing :)
I used mine for gigging. Nice, lightweight live rig :)

yeah done a few parties with it, but these days a computer with a playlist gets asked more than me :cry:

Who needs humans any more :shrug:

not me, now ive got my sex-bot. :borg:

I think the 505 was the first drum machine I ever used. Pretty easy to program, I always liked the grid layout on the Rolands. I still have an R5.

I hate selling things, a feeling I acquired over the last 10 years during a fairly extreme bout of guitar buying and selling.

I have a bunch of 110v American plug stuff that I brought over here 14 years ago that I'd like to sell, but what good would it do anyone here in Germany?

Roland R5;
Roland JV-1010;
Peavey Classic 30;
And probably a few other things I can't think of.

I only have 1 keyboard, a midi controller for VIs. So, I ain't selling that. Guitar pedals, not worth it to me to sell.

I have 1 guitar that I could part with, but the money would be gone quickly. I'd rather have the guitar (an Ibanez Artcore Custom).

Software... I have a bunch of VSL stuff that I rarely use, but they want €160 to transfer the licences, and anything that came on a usb drive would have to be sent to the buyer. Too much hassle.

So, unless we need money to survive, I doubt I'll be selling very much in the near future.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”