Your opinion about Zebra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Empyrean (U-he Zebra 2 Presets) Zebra

Urs wrote:
Grizzellda wrote:Hey Urs, just wondering, when you are surfing KVR, or looking at a thread, do you really read all the posts? or simply "skim over"?
Both. Depends on device, mood, schedule and tipsy-or-not :oops:
Really? tipsy you say...heh heh. Prolly German beer...well because I have drank some... :hihi:

Holsten Festbock!!! but Grizzellda isn't German! :hug: :hug:

Yeah, the multiband compression thing can be quite "magical" :hihi:
As I wrote in the other thread, I tried it out on a bunch of sounds and it really does give many of them that modern sound instantly. Of course, because I'm me, I didn't simply use the OTT preset, but spend way too much time tweaking the damn thing :hihi:

Yeah, I felt dirty first time around, than it felt wrong, now I mix into it pretty much. :ud:

Page 15, "OTT appreciation thread" :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

So when Zebra 3?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:So when Zebra 3?
Now we reached the crucial point of this thread - finally... :tu:

Urs wrote:the reason Zebra is underrated for some musical styles, has nothing to do with Zebra but everything with the people who want their tools to be a certain way - i.e. unlike Zebra.
It's been like that since the dawn of music. People always wanted to pretend to be like their musical heroes, taking various synths and not doing it "right" - then blaming their tools. Then they started trying other tools and when a tools click with them (for all the different reasons then the tools being tool itself) they started claiming it's the next best thing ever existed.

Even i brother of Batman, with my superior ear skills - blamed my software synths and DAW summing for the lack of a punch and lack of "anal-og"..

(just drinking my early coffee and trying to be funny in a very stupid way)

ATS wrote:So when Zebra 3?
Indeed... when?

like the proverbial cake, when its ready.

Did someone say synth cake?!?
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :party: :party: :party:
Feel free to call me Brian.

vurt wrote:like the proverbial cake, when its ready.
As a child I loved cake dough... :ud:

martinjuenke wrote:
explains a lot...

vurt wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
explains a lot...
Has my psychiatrist said as well ... :o

Zebra 2 is a perfect synth,easy,versatile,and there are tons of preset.i use for the pads and atmosphere in my song.

Where is Zebra 3?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

If I can't get a certain sound out of a synth the first thing I blame is myself, not the synth. Unless there's a decent technical reason like trying to make a huge detuned supersaw sound with a Juno 106 - it's probably my lack of expertise or perhaps that I might be trying to copy someone else too closely...

Return to “Instruments”