Grain Stream, by Will Savin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Grain Stream

Haven't tried the plugin yet, but I'm going to have to go ahead and give this a glowing recommendation simply because this dude's name is one letter away from mine.

With a $69 introductory price (including VAT) this seems overpriced imho ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:With a $69 introductory price (including VAT) this seems overpriced imho ...
yes it does compared to the other stuff around

woggle wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:With a $69 introductory price (including VAT) this seems overpriced imho ...
yes it does compared to the other stuff around
What other stuff compares? :phones:

I tried the demo and really like it. But I'm agree, for this price I'm not sure to buy it yet

ilmai wrote:- Would be really awesome if pitch could be quantized to a scale, or a set of pitches (for example "generate grains at 1st, 3rd and 5th intervals").
- Snapping nodes to beats would be nice
- Modulation for grain length, although that was easy to do externally from Bitwig
- Unipolar modulation would be nice
- Visualizing grains on the stream as they're generated could also be helpful for understanding what's happening
Thanks for the feedback, I've had a few other comments with the same suggestions, so all of this and more is planned for the first update. :)

I realise the price is quite high, but I do think it is justified. The timeline editor in particular is a feature I haven't seen anywhere else (if you know of anything like that I would be interested in seeing it), and has a lot of potential for interesting sound design. Additionally I am continuing to develop this plugin, I have already had some great feedback which has helped me to plan a lot of new features for the first update.

At the very least I'm planning to extend the introductory offer to 1 month, since it is a more reasonable price for the plugin in its current state, maybe once the first update is done it'll feel more worth the price. :)

WillSavin wrote:I've extended the timer to 45s on/5s off, hopefully that's a bit more reasonable.
All you need is one second to break the signal so that results are unusable. Anything more is just unnecessarily annoying...imo, of course :shrug:

WillSavin wrote:The timeline editor in particular is a feature I haven't seen anywhere else (if you know of anything like that I would be interested in seeing it), and has a lot of potential for interesting sound design.
Though a synth, Kinisis has a built in timeline editor.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/kinisi ... ress_audio
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
WillSavin wrote:I've extended the timer to 45s on/5s off, hopefully that's a bit more reasonable.
All you need is one second to break the signal so that results are unusable. Anything more is just unnecessarily annoying...imo, of course :shrug:
That's a very fair point, how about 30 on/1 off?

Very nearly bit on this till i got to the final payment stage

Since when does £40 equal $63?

So the true price when not on sale is $73
Amazon: why not use an alternative

kingtubby wrote:
WillSavin wrote:The timeline editor in particular is a feature I haven't seen anywhere else (if you know of anything like that I would be interested in seeing it), and has a lot of potential for interesting sound design.
Though a synth, Kinisis has a built in timeline editor.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/kinisi ... ress_audio
Yeah I've seen a few synths with that sort of control, Logic's ES2 vector control also comes to mind, I was specifically referring to it in the context of a real time effect/ grain delay. I haven't seen a grain delay plugin that offers anywhere near the level of control over the delay time of the grains, or the grain parameters depending on the delay time, that Grain Stream's timeline editor offers.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Very nearly bit on this till i got to the final payment stage

£40 is the price before before VAT, since VAT is handled by Gumroad and dependent on your region, I can't accurately display it in the pricing info, sorry about that.

WillSavin wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
That's a very fair point, how about 30 on/1 off?
:lol: :lol: Not sure why would you increase the frequency? Unless you think that 45 seconds is a long enough window to get such usable results that a large chunk of your prospective audience would think it not worth buying :shrug:

It's a dance between protecting your product, and giving your customer just enough rope with which to hang themselves i.e create an environment that they enjoy experimenting with until they realise it's a product they can't live without.

For me, 30/1 is at least better than 45/5 :tu:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Very nearly bit on this till i got to the final payment stage

Full price is $79 inc. VAT ...

Return to “Effects”