Grain Stream, by Will Savin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Grain Stream

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote::lol: :lol: Not sure why would you increase the frequency? Unless you think that 45 seconds is a long enough window to get such usable results that a large chunk of your prospective audience would think it not worth buying :shrug:

It's a dance between protecting your product, and giving your customer just enough rope with which to hang themselves i.e create an environment that they enjoy experimenting with until they realise it's a product they can't live without.

For me, 30/1 is at least better than 45/5 :tu:
Ah, you're absolutely right, I am being overprotective, I had rushed out an update to make it 30 on/1 off, and now I've rushed out another to make it 40 on/ 1 off. It's difficult not to be protective, given the amount of work that went into this project, and given how familiar I am with the plugin it's difficult for me to gauge someone else's experience trying it out for the first time with these limitations, so I'm really grateful for the feedback, hopefully the demo will be more enjoyable to use now!

WillSavin wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote::lol: :lol: Not sure why would you increase the frequency? Unless you think that 45 seconds is a long enough window to get such usable results that a large chunk of your prospective audience would think it not worth buying :shrug:

It's a dance between protecting your product, and giving your customer just enough rope with which to hang themselves i.e create an environment that they enjoy experimenting with until they realise it's a product they can't live without.

Ah, you're absolutely right, I am being overprotective, I had rushed out an update to make it 30 on/1 off, and now I've rushed out another to make it 40 on/ 1 off. It's difficult not to be protective, given the amount of work that went into this project, and given how familiar I am with the plugin it's difficult for me to gauge someone else's experience trying it out for the first time with these limitations, so I'm really grateful for the feedback, hopefully the demo will be more enjoyable to use now!
Actually, I have yet to try it. Taking info from the thread, I knew that it would not have even been worth me installing with the demo limitations as they stood. Now, however, it's a much more enticing prospect.

Thanks for being open to ideas :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
WillSavin wrote:

Actually, I have yet to try it. Taking info from the thread, I knew that it would not have even been worth me installing with the demo limitations as they stood. Now, however, it's a much more enticing prospect.

Thanks for being open to ideas :tu:
Well, I hope you do enjoy it if/when you get around to it!

Are you still actively developing Grain Stream?

Return to “Effects”