What gear are you about to sell and why?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got a Waldorf Quantum on order so I'm selling my V-Synth GT.
It's kinda heart breaking. I don't sell much gear, unless it's taking up space without getting use. I use the V-Synth all the time!
I bought an original V-Synth in 2007 (here is the thread I made, lol) and used it almost everyday, until I started having issues with the display and button functions around 2014. I replaced it with a V-Synth GT in 2015 and continued to use it in almost every piece I recorded.
Before I got my Octatrack, the V-Synth was mostly used for mangling drum loops and other samples. More recently, I used it for dynamic synth sounds and processing external signals. To me the elastic audio features still sound unique. The time stretching/pitch shifting doesn't necessarily sound high quality but on vocals and acoustic instruments, using the Solo encoding mode, it has a sound all it's own. The side-band filters are also unique, they impart tonality on noisy signals in a way that is similar to comb filters/Karplus-Strong but the results are very different. Difficult to describe. It's arpeggiator is actually a pretty strong sequencer in it's own right. My only complaints were with the external sync issues and Roland's refusal to keep the drivers up to date but those issues were minor, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really play keyboards, so I don't feel like I need two 61-key synths in addition to a MIDI controller. So the V-Synth GT is gonna find a new home. If I find myself missing that sound too much, I may start looking for an XT rack next year... but I'm really looking forward to that Quantum.

I have 2 guitars I'm gonna sell .... Guild D-20 VSB acoustic and Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker 2014 120th anniversary Red Wine Stain , for starters . Why ? They were mail/internet order guitars that I just didn't bond well with . They both have crappy factory setups for starters and I'm not crazy about the looks and finishing on either instrument , they look and sound better on YouTube than in person . You buy crap when you really don't need it and it ends up not being what you REALLY want it to be basically . I thought I'd like to have a REAL Les Paul , I thought I was getting something close to a 70s or 60s style Guild .... Just didn't do it for me .

I'd like to sell my Keith McMillan QuNEO but it is impossible to sell here in Brisbane - never had a serious buyer interested. I never use it because the pads are not sensitive enough for me, they need to be hit harder than I like. Would not affect others probably but I have always used a very light touch on guitar etc and now that I have arthritis in my fingers I don't really want to be tapping pads very hard at all.
Anyways in a couple of weeks when I get back from a holiday I am going to see what postage is from Aus to the rest of the world and give it another go

[edit] - I just checked and postage is not too bad - certainly I could offer it for $150 AUS postage included
(about $110 US, 95Euro, 85 GBP)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”