your "limitations" synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
kHs ONE

ACE and Diva! Why? I always like to push things to their limit, and for some reason, those two make me think "f*ck, that does't sound like *insert synth here* at all" a lot.
That's possible because they seem rather limited on the surface, but they allow for some clever routing that lets you do things to push them far away from classic subtractive sounds. They are limited enough to be inspiring, as I always say.

This is just one instance of ACE, for example:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/what-remains-of-us

TAL U-NO-62, great sounding little synth
In fact, I’m thinking about releasing a free soundset for this cool synth, as I’m having great fun doing some 80’s style demo songs for it. :phones:

Probably Hive or Operator, with my mind quickly changing about Wavetable, as well.

i really wish there were more 'simple' soft synths that were also unabashedly digital (without being VA's in the tradition of Sylenth, Synth1, Hive, etc), while also having a deep sound quality. i personally start to gloss over as i see people requesting more and more features and functions from synths that are already pretty deep. Everything is either a modulation monster or an analog emulation, it seems like (i would be happy to be proved wrong if you have suggestions!). i think this is what's impressing me about Ableton's Wavetable right now. Digital and to the point, though the Cytomic filters blur that a little.

i was trying out FAW Circle and the sound quality is just not quite there, as fantastic as the workflow and GUI are.

Monark. But, if i had those filters, oscillators and envelopes in a more complex synth, i surely wouldn't bother with such limitations anymore. ;)

voidhead23 wrote:i really wish there were more 'simple' soft synths that were also unabashedly digital (without being VA's in the tradition of Sylenth, Synth1, Hive, etc), while also having a deep sound quality.
Rob Papen's Go2 ? Don't have it myself but it seems to fit the bill
voidhead23 wrote:i personally start to gloss over as i see people requesting more and more features and functions from synths that are already pretty deep.
Yeah, sometimes it goes over the top, really. They may just look at Sylenth factory presets and see how much variety may be created with such limited set of tools

Btw, Sylenth is my "limitations" synth
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Logic stock one's, so on point and just the ticket majority of times.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

impOSCar2; its even plumbed into my default Bidule project.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

my guitar.

CS5.

Pretty limited but sounds great

The real most limited synth out of design is this years Developer Challenge entry MPS by Full Bucket. 7 Parameters, love it... All others are way too fancy...

Surprised no one's mentioned ReaSynth so far. Really handy if you just want to layer in a little sine / square / saw with other sounds, or if you just need to sketch something out. Truly no muss no fuss. No GUI, trivial CPU usage, not even a filter.

Interpreting this question a little differently, some of the Klevgrand synths are great cause you get kind of railroaded into only a couple sounds. Pads and Jussi have some really awesome sounds... but don't expect to get too much variety out of them.

chk071 wrote:Monark. But, if i had those filters, oscillators and envelopes in a more complex synth, i surely wouldn't bother with such limitations anymore. ;)
You can in Reaktor.

Zexila wrote:Logic stock one's, so on point and just the ticket majority of times.
Indeed. Logic‘s stock synths are really good. I love the ES2. Old GUI but really snappy sounds and one of the fattest sounding unison ever.
I think if i could start from zero i just would buy Logic. Nothing else to distract me :)

Yeah, I remember the Logic synths to be pretty nice. The last time I used Logic it was still on Windows, though :hihi:
They were pretty amazing back then, though.
They probably updated them since then.

A minimal Reaktor ensemble. Can't get simpler than one oscillator, no filter, no envelope control...
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Return to “Instruments”