TBProAudio releases dpMeter3 - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
dpMeter 3

Skorpius wrote: Unfortunately, since Microsoft "re-invented" the flat and ugly 2D look of late 80s software for Windows 8, more and more developers have followed this trend, obviously believing that such a trend should be followed, no matter how big the loss of esthetics. The current versions of software applications that have been around for years (like CCleaner, for example) all look worse than a few years ago, now that they have followed the Windows 8 esthetics trend. That's my humble opinion, anyway.
I think of it more like this...

... practical and adaptable given the higher number of devices and screen resolutions currently in use.

I saw it could be resized, and then I was :) , but then I actually tried to resize it, and realized it can only get bigger, not smaller, and then I was :( .

Really I only need the momentary RMS, A-weighted or C-weighted. It would be nice if I could make the rest go away, or just make the box smaller in general.

Also the fonts are all blurry, and their blurriness changes as the window is resized, with some words becoming blurry ("WEIGHT", "WINDOW") while others ("FILTER", "RMS") become in focus:
blurry text.png
It's not ugly, though. Putting fake physical knobs on an LCD screen is ugly.

(Reaper, Windows 7, 1280x1024)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Endolith wrote:Also the fonts are all blurry, and their blurriness changes as the window is resized, with some words becoming blurry ("WEIGHT", "WINDOW") while others ("FILTER", "RMS") become in focus:
Thank you, I will have look at it :tu:

Update to V1.2.1:
- Text blurring fixed
- Resize range change to 50% up top 400%
- Reset GUI scale with mouse click

Thanks!!

Things just keep getting better and better, thanks for the meter :D

Thanks!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Update to V1.2.3:
- Reset: always update GUI

Update 1.2.4:
- GUI: flickering during resize reduced
- GUI: small fixes

thank you for this and ISOL8

Update 1.2.5:
- GUI: mouse control logic adjusted, please refer to the manual
- GUI: VST2 resize optimization
- Reset: extra parameter, automatable, activated by 0 -> 1
- PLR/Crest: reverted label PiLR to Crest (Peak - RMS Integrated)

Skorpius wrote:How much uglier can GUIs get? I would say dpMeter3 marks the climax in the disimprovement of GUI esthetics...
Thats un called for. I really like the gui. Nice colors and well laid out. Thank you TBPro Audio :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Thanks

:)

Return to “Effects”