your "limitations" synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
kHs ONE

Dagger
Last edited by sqigls on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sign wrote:Yeah, I remember the Logic synths to be pretty nice. The last time I used Logic it was still on Windows, though :hihi:
They were pretty amazing back then, though.
They probably updated them since then.
Emagic didn‘t bundle any synths, Apple did for the Mac... It must have been something else you remember from the Windows version...

Really? I totally remember using the synths! Is my brain playing tricks on me here?

Edit: Ahh, it wasn't bundled, but it was available: https://web.archive.org/web/20150606120 ... emagic.htm

I thought I was going crazy for a second :hihi:

Delta Sign wrote:Really? I totally remember using the synths! Is my brain playing tricks on me here?

Edit: Ahh, it wasn't bundled, but it was available: https://web.archive.org/web/20150606120 ... emagic.htm

Now that home computers are approaching supercomputer speeds...
May 2000

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Phoscyon, you know what it is and what you are going to get.

AnX wrote:
Delta Sign wrote:Really? I totally remember using the synths! Is my brain playing tricks on me here?

May 2000

:hihi:

Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V.
I got many other wavetable synths (including a few from Waldorf...) that are superior in terms of features but after several years PPG 3.V is still one of my "go to" synths. Of course the fact that it got it's own great "signature sound" (like the real PPG Wave 2.2/2.3 which it is based on...) is one of the reasons.
PPG Wave 3.V could also do sample playback and i use it as a "Lo Fi" sampler quite often. Even with a single sample (nho multisample) i could get nice sound resut from it and had created lots of my own samples that i used with it.

Another one is Synapse Audio The Legend. While it has more features than a real Minimoog Model D it is still quite lmited in terms of features. If you program it properly you could get tons of great sound from it, not forget that there are already tons of nice factory patches included.

Most emulations of vintage synths are quite limited compared to modern softsynths that are no emulations but those old synths are still great "as is". Many emulations also inlcude additional features not found in the real thing.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Tweakbench Monomate with SGA1566 for more drive. All free.

Also throw a LP on there with an env or lfo.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Tyrell N6 It's actually quite comprehensive, but not as fully-featured as some of the big soft synths. It's right in the middle: not too limited, but also not to overwhelming. It's good for learning the basics of synthesis.

If I was still using my PC, it would be Krakli's K700 little marvel. Wish I had it available on Mac.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

+1 for the legend.
Best
YY

AnX wrote:
May 2000

The funny part is, it was true at the time.

TAL-Bassline for monophonic faffing about.
Full Bucket Nabla for pads.
Pretty much a piano or wurli patch for everything else, at least for the sketching process.

I’m somewhat partial to the RePro. I am able to start from the “init” patch and build almost any type of sound in 10 minutes, and I am BY NO MEANS a sound designer. I normally don’t have much patience for deep editing, and the RePros get me there fast, since there’s only so much you can modulate but, what’s there works WELL. Oh yeah, the effects section is a big help too

Fabfilter One. Still can't believe how much mileage I get out of that thing. I even sold Twin 2 back in the day because I didn't use it near as much as One. I like it for subs, bass, fx, drones, atmospheric and weird glitchy stuff. I just find myself way more productive with these simplified synths. And I hope to add Legend to my list soon.

Return to “Instruments”