IK T-Racks Group Buy up to 9 free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Question. Because I bought a few of these previously, I have a free one waiting for me in my account but nothing to redeem against in the drop down box; appears I have maxed out up to the value of the most expensive. Not wishing to appear greedy (!) but what happens now? If that makes sense??
Thanks.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

jbarish wrote:I'd be all over this too if it wasn't going to be adding 10 plugins that I can't resize because IK mandates that I buy a shell I don't want and have no need for in order to be enable basic functionality that most current plugs offer. Who does this in this day and age besides IK?????
The plugs work at the samplerate of your DAW/project. If you are using it in standalone then it is a bit crippled...and then the resizing doesn't everyone(not me)..so I'm not worried about having a shell which they will give away for free some time..just like cabinet speaker switching in amplitube.

Bombadil wrote:The only things I passed on were the reverbs
I bought all 4 reverbs for $30 many years ago before they were even part of T-Racks!!! Then they got upgraded automatically to being part of the T-Racks family, and then they were upgraded again to T-Racks 5 without me having to spend a penny. They're actually very good reverbs.
ramseysounds wrote:Because I bought a few of these previously, I have a free one waiting for me in my account but nothing to redeem against in the drop down box; appears I have maxed out up to the value of the most expensive.
I guess you're SOL! It's like, what would happen if I'd have bought one of the $49 plugins? Would only four free ones would appear in the drop down box? Well, yeah, I guess so.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

jbarish wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:T-RackS 5 is more than a "shell". Please check the T-RackS 5 product page (also linked on the page I linked above) for the full list of features and processors included.
I suppose you have to say this because you work for them, but if you're not interested in mastering & assembling a CD within a closed system (using only IK plugs) I fail to see how it's not a shell.
No, I say it because T-RackS 5 is more than just a shell. It is also 5 great standalone plugins with many great features, a great sound engine update and more.

Just the 5 plugins are worth it and if you use JamPoints to take off 30% they are under $/€21 a piece. That alone is worth it. Plus the holy grail of resizing that people seem to really want, and the other features mentioned multiple times in this thread.

I was merely pointing out how you were, sorry to be so direct here but it is true, marginalizing T-RackS 5 in a huge way.

I haven't read all 8 pages of this, but I've read the first couple and last couple, and I'm still a bit confused about one thing: Do the VST2/VST3 versions of the plug-ins offer re-sizable GUIs?

The last T-RackS 5 plug-in I got did not. It was the full version of the plug-in, but it was free from Computer Music, so I'm not sure if it was supposed to have a resizable GUI. If the plug-ins that are available as part of this group buy have re-sizable GUIs, then I'm definitely in. I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

That's an interesting point I hadn't considered... are new 5 single plug-in purchases/freebies resizable?

By the way, I found my last support message regarding newsletter subscription failure from Sebastion and replied again.

He didn't pass away unexpectedly or something and maybe that's why I never heard back?

Hope not... suppose it could be quit, fired, retired, etc. after all this time, too.

Hope your OK there Seb. wherever you are now.

Added: guess there's always my trusty Ouija board if need be.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

planetearth wrote:I haven't read all 8 pages of this, but I've read the first couple and last couple, and I'm still a bit confused about one thing: Do the VST2/VST3 versions of the plug-ins offer re-sizable GUIs?

The last T-RackS 5 plug-in I got did not. It was the full version of the plug-in, but it was free from Computer Music, so I'm not sure if it was supposed to have a resizable GUI. If the plug-ins that are available as part of this group buy have re-sizable GUIs, then I'm definitely in. I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

Steve
The singles do not. They function as T-RackS 5 Custom Shop singles and do not have resizing and other features/etc you get if you have purchased T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, or T-RackS 5 MAX per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/

antithesist wrote:That's an interesting point I hadn't considered... are new 5 single plug-in purchases/freebies resizable?

By the way, I found my last support message regarding newsletter subscription failure from Sebastion and replied again.

He didn't pass away unexpectedly or something and maybe that's why I never heard back?

Hope not... suppose it could be quit, fired, retired, etc. after all this time, too.

Hope your OK there Seb. wherever you are now.

Added: guess there's always my trusty Ouija board if need be.
Could you send me your ticket number? I'll look into this for you and see what happened.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
jbarish wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:T-RackS 5 is more than a "shell". Please check the T-RackS 5 product page (also linked on the page I linked above) for the full list of features and processors included.
I suppose you have to say this because you work for them, but if you're not interested in mastering & assembling a CD within a closed system (using only IK plugs) I fail to see how it's not a shell.
No, I say it because T-RackS 5 is more than just a shell. It is also 5 great standalone plugins with many great features, a great sound engine update and more.

Just the 5 plugins are worth it and if you use JamPoints to take off 30% they are under $/€21 a piece. That alone is worth it. Plus the holy grail of resizing that people seem to really want, and the other features mentioned multiple times in this thread.
But if you buy those 5 plugs in this promotion, doesn't that gut your argument???

planetearth wrote:I haven't read all 8 pages of this, but I've read the first couple and last couple, and I'm still a bit confused about one thing: Do the VST2/VST3 versions of the plug-ins offer re-sizable GUIs?

Thanks.

Steve
The singles do not. They function as T-RackS 5 Custom Shop singles and do not have resizing and other features/etc you get if you have purchased T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, or T-RackS 5 MAX per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/
Thanks for the quick reply Peter, but all I see on the page you linked is this:
"For current T-RackS owners
If you already own a T-RackS bundle or any single processors, you can still use your old T-RackS version but we highly recommend you upgrade to the newest version so you can really take advantage of all the new gear models, the new redesigned, resizable interface, [emphasis mine] the new enhanced audio engine and much more!"

So just to be clear, if I buy one of the singles (regardless of how many others come free with it right now), it's not resizable, and I have to use it within T-RackS CS. Is that correct?

Thanks again for your help in clarifying this.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I’m actually so jealous of everyone here. I spent much more on mine a while back.

They are very good plugins. The only one I don’t have right now is the Leslie, but that’s hardly worth a group buy. Sadly.

I haven’t used One nearly as much as I should have, must get around to tryout it out some more.

planetearth wrote:

Thanks.

Steve
Thanks for the quick reply Peter, but all I see on the page you linked is this:
"For current T-RackS owners
If you already own a T-RackS bundle or any single processors, you can still use your old T-RackS version but we highly recommend you upgrade to the newest version so you can really take advantage of all the new gear models, the new redesigned, resizable interface, [emphasis mine] the new enhanced audio engine and much more!"

So just to be clear, if I buy one of the singles (regardless of how many others come free with it right now), it's not resizable, and I have to use it within T-RackS CS. Is that correct?

Thanks again for your help in clarifying this.
See, Peter, your company's layout of information on this is still not obvious.

To answer your question, Steve, the singles do NOT come with the ability to resize. If you want them to be resizable, you have to buy the 150 dollar T-Racks 5 package in addition to the T-Racks 5 single in the group buy.

IKM have blocked certain version 5 features under a paywall of sorts..

VitaminD wrote:IKM have blocked certain version 5 features under a paywall of sorts..
"Paywall" is a good expression ,... "trap" would be more accurate ,.. a carefully designed dead-end

T-Racks without rescale option does not make much sense on todays high-resolution monitors

Old customers who did build a collection over many years, did this in obvious trust for the future, but is not honored, or cared for

Only suggestion right now, is, like Peter told me, to bye the smallest suite, and use jam-points,.. but:

1. Jampoints is a joke, AD/JRR would still be cheaper than dealing with IK directly, even with jampoints, for most of us they are useless, and just part of an obscure and un-transparent business-model

2. When you have all plugs, or almost, like many us old customers, even the smallest suite doesn't make sense, it would be paying twice, for the same,..

And in any case a 150 $ bill, just to get the basic functionality, would be a rip by full daylight, that's not whats called for,..

Thanks for the standard phrase about passing on our concerns and troubles to your appropriate collegs in the IK-concern, like many times before, but I doubt we will see a solution, becourse the dead-end we are in is seemingly made up on purpose, the situation is a design,..

Not something personal against Peter, just what it is, for many, getting to know IK..... life goes no

Those of us who they now lost as customers, doesn´t matter, its all calculated from the start, they are not idiots,..

For me personally the solution will be to add an extra low-resolution monitor to clutter op my desktop further, working with the plugs there

Not ideal solution, but I will get on, without throwing more good money after wasted money

As for the plugs in general, the final group-bye pricing is good, but not a revolutionary "give-away", its the normal prices that are cracy, and the same with Waves, prices up to 349$ for the singles, now 2 for 30$ :D

Of all the T-racks, and all the Waves for that matter, only maybe a handful makes sense in the long run, most of them doesn't make sense, or end up unused, becourse there are better free alternatives, and the new daws are very well-equipped form the start. F.eks. Studio One 4 multi-band compressor is far ahead of the T-Racks one. That should be considered also.

"10 for 1" just brought the price down where it belongs
HM

cprompt wrote:
Bombadil wrote:The only things I passed on were the reverbs
I bought all 4 reverbs for $30 many years ago before they were even part of T-Racks!!! Then they got upgraded automatically to being part of the T-Racks family, and then they were upgraded again to T-Racks 5 without me having to spend a penny. They're actually very good reverbs.
I remember seeing them cheap, too. Thing is, Space Designer and the new Chroma in Logic are really all I need, and almost all of my VIs have decent reverb built-in if I want it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

CSR have had a long and proud life-cycle yes, one of my first ones, the hole collection, also from before T-Racks,..

But yes even CSR is heavily dated now, most DAW´s got better ones integrated,... as a part,... free of additional charge

Then comes the free ones, even from Eventide, and the Lexicon give-away prices

Therefor the default CRS prices are crazy

Even more so now they are sold separately, as a strategy to charge even "extra-extra" I guess,..

The current default price of one is not even reasonable for them all together IMHO
HM

Return to “Effects”