Metric AB from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I'll wait for the $49 sale with $25 voucher in hand :?

are there no time markers?!?!?? this would be stupid! or im stupid

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

DubLifeSD wrote:Yikes. you can pick up Mcompare & Magic AB, and it would still be cheaper than this lol.
MagicAB is now very probably abandonware... :scared:

same developer right? if so... i would suppose so on the 'abandonware'
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Caine123 wrote:are there no time markers?!?!?? this would be stupid! or im stupid
The marker feature is not something I played with. I just took a look. I see no time indicators. At first I was thinking that's ok but after working with it I feel the same as you - seems like a bad move to not have time indicators for this. weird. or, not weird - many devs do not think about user experience or they fancy themselves UX practitioners which they are not and then users have to suffer with a bad user experience. oh well. that's the way the ball bounces. :phones:

With my voucher and the deal coupon, I ended up getting this for only $24. That's an insane deal. Comparing mixes will now be so much easier. I think it will take a while to get a handle on the rest of the features. it seems pretty deep.

trmupstage wrote:With my voucher and the deal coupon, I ended up getting this for only $24. That's an insane deal. Comparing mixes will now be so much easier. I think it will take a while to get a handle on the rest of the features. it seems pretty deep.
It is quite comprehensive. I’ve set up busses and have other tools to allow me to listen to other mixes and compare between sources, but nothing really that makes referencing this easy and informative. Being able to see differences so easily is a godsend.

Not that we should be trying to reproduce any specific mix sound. It just provides a good method to explain where we are going wrong if we don’t fix is quite working.

Long time lurker, first time poster ;)... Where are people getting these vouchers? I was looking at picking up reference, and I like the spectrum view over the trinity display, but, I cannottttt justify spending $179 on this.

jasonooch wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster ;)... Where are people getting these vouchers?
If you are a Plugin Alliance customer, they send you a voucher each month automatically (well, they should), depending on how much you spend with them last year. If you've never purchased anything from them, you won't get any voucher except the $99 one that's available from their Facebook page I've heard about (I haven't checked).
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

if someone doesnt need his voucher let me know ;)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

DJErmac wrote:
jasonooch wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster ;)... Where are people getting these vouchers?
If you are a Plugin Alliance customer, they send you a voucher each month automatically (well, they should), depending on how much you spend with them last year. If you've never purchased anything from them, you won't get any voucher except the $99 one that's available from their Facebook page I've heard about (I haven't checked).
Ah, got you. Thanks for the info!

jasonooch wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster ;)... Where are people getting these vouchers? I was looking at picking up reference, and I like the spectrum view over the trinity display, but, I cannottttt justify spending $179 on this.
It’s kind of a loyalty reward you get from being a customer of Plugin Alliance. The more you spend, they more they can even reward you in some instances.

I dont’ know if this is a loyalty thing, but you might want to sign up to their email if you’re interested, because that’s usually how they send out their vouchers.

PA's voucher approach is actually interesting, if not a bit complex. There are two kinds of vouchers: the monthly voucher is based on how much you spend in the previous 12 months, and appears to be in 3 tiers, $25, $50 and $75. I have never seen any other values for the monthly vouchers so let me know if there are others. Then there is anotehr discount you can get based on how many of their plugins you own, called the "Heavy Hitter" voucher which you get for having 20 or more of their plugins. Couples these with sales and intro offers and you can get some good deals. It's an interesting approach and I think they have been fine tuning over the last year or so. Seems to work pretty well to inspire purchase decisions and save the customer money. :phones:

hey guys maybe you an help me, i still need to learn this more and more. i got MCompare and i like MBassador a lot but MCompare is too fidly and ugly, no drag and drop of files sucks for me, i just dont like vsts without drag and drop stuff.

i consider buying this plugin METRIC AB as i like it more than REFERENCE so far, but isnt it possible to adjust the PROJECTtrack to the loudness of a REFERENCE track and then export the tracks to the REFERENCE track?

e.g.
i got 8 finished tracks, i compare each of them to 1 REFERENCE track and then let METRIC AB adjust the loudness via LUFS etc. then i should THEORETICALLY be safe with the loudness of my 8 tracks, shouldnt i?

It’s on sale for $49 with code METRab-49-24 and you can stack your personal coupon. But be very quick. 24hr sale.

Return to “Effects”