KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

mickbenjamins wrote:These arent Expansion, but with Maschine you always got their Factory Library, which is a 8GB library with samples. With Mikro MK3 you get a selection of that library, hence the name
Thanks - so in that sense a 2nd hand Mk 2 could be a better buy. Mk3 looks a bit slicker, but I don't really see any enhanced features except the glide strip.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yowza, the upgrade price for Ultimate is $399.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

noiseboyuk wrote:
mickbenjamins wrote:These arent Expansion, but with Maschine you always got their Factory Library, which is a 8GB library with samples. With Mikro MK3 you get a selection of that library, hence the name
Thanks - so in that sense a 2nd hand Mk 2 could be a better buy. Mk3 looks a bit slicker, but I don't really see any enhanced features except the glide strip.

But the glide strip is the thing. Afaik you can't control FX otherwise on the Micro, right? So the new thing with MK3 with the strip is that you can control one parameter at least??? (not absolute sure)

Gribs wrote:Yowza, the upgrade price for Ultimate is $399.
There will be a 50% sale next year june/july. Just..ehrm ..wait.
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:
Gribs wrote:Yowza, the upgrade price for Ultimate is $399.
There will be a 50% sale next year june/july. Just..ehrm ..wait.
Yes, I‘ll do... :tu:

Have they listed OS compatibility requirements for K12 and specifically Kontakt 6?

My machine is Win 7 home. Planning on keeping it that way due to legacy software.

Kevin63101 wrote:Have they listed OS compatibility requirements for K12 and specifically Kontakt 6?

My machine is Win 7 home. Planning on keeping it that way due to legacy software.
Right there with you, I still use 64Bit Win 7 Pro. Far as I can tell from the posted specs, they are still supporting WIndows 7. The operating system that just keeps going and going and...

This comes from Sweetwater, a reputable reseller/distributor, about Massive X:
Massive X
NI’s flagship wavetable synth heads in a radical new direction with Massive X, with more sounds and more delicious presets to stoke your analog and digital appetites. Massive X looks to be not just one of the best virtual synths on the market, but one of the best synths, hardware or software, of its time. Highlights include:

Hands-on modular architecture — drag and drop to route oscillators into one another, create feedback loops, etc.
Single-page interface, complete with insert FX
2 wavetable oscillators with hundreds of presets
10 waveshaping modes to affect how wavetables are scanned through
5 envelopes and 4 LFOs
Onboard Monark filter — the best-sounding filter NI makes — plus filters inspired by synth giants
6-voice unison creates striking effects
New, sweeter chorus sound
Dimension Expander is better than ever
Better CPU efficiency — no need to Eco Mode

dZamora wrote:This comes from Sweetwater, a reputable reseller/distributor, about Massive X:
Massive X
NI’s flagship wavetable synth heads in a radical new direction with Massive X, with more sounds and more delicious presets to stoke your analog and digital appetites. Massive X looks to be not just one of the best virtual synths on the market, but one of the best synths, hardware or software, of its time. Highlights include:

Hands-on modular architecture — drag and drop to route oscillators into one another, create feedback loops, etc.
5 envelopes and 4 LFOs
Onboard Monark filter — the best-sounding filter NI makes — plus filters inspired by synth giants
I’m surprised if it only has 2 oscillators. The line about dragging and dropping to route oscillators into one another would also be strange if there were only 2. And in the image the osc area was titled dual wave tab osc. So then I wonder if there are two dual osc, for a total of 4, or what?

Yes, weird they went for 2 oscs only? :/

GoldieK wrote:
Kevin63101 wrote:Have they listed OS compatibility requirements for K12 and specifically Kontakt 6?

Right there with you, I still use 64Bit Win 7 Pro. Far as I can tell from the posted specs, they are still supporting WIndows 7. The operating system that just keeps going and going and...
Komplete 12
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

macOS 10.12 or 10.13 (latest update)

Windows 7, 8, or 10 (64-bit, latest Service Pack)

Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended), Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher10 GB free disk space (170 GB for complete installation)Supports ASIO, Core Audio, WASAPIRuns in 64-bit VST, AU, AAX hosts.

dZamora wrote:This comes from Sweetwater, a reputable reseller/distributor, about Massive X:
Massive X

5 envelopes and 4 LFOs
Doesn’t seem that different to most wavetable synths, Serum does most of this!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

And only one filter? There was just one in the screenshot, which makes me think there’s more to be seen because I doubt they would go down to just one filter rather than the two that massive has.

I think it’s just a wavetable synth that they’ve decided to call Massive, despite being entirely unrelated. And I bet I’m right that it is a Reaktor synth with a standalone shell, despite people getting on me and saying it’s not.

it amazes me people assume this synth is Reaktor based just because the GUI looks like.

As if the company couldn't use the same GUI assets/style in various products.
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”