RAPID Synthesizer - NEW Version 1.6.0. - PM from Oscillator. Multiband Saturator. Glitch. Tapestop. Tonal Delay.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
recursive one
KVRAF
3774 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:54 am

parawave wrote: It's hard to grasp request for "Juicy", "Analog", "Warm" filters, since it's very subjective. You can probably already replicate it by just using the normal filter plus an additional insert filter e.g. by using different resonances at different cutoff frequencies. Or putting the insert with Tube Distortion/Exciter before the filter.
Just saying, the payoff to develop new ones is a bit low to justify it. There are higher priorities, that will actually introduce new features.
Fair enough, and it's not that the current filters are bad, they surely aren't. They work for most sounds. I meant something like heavily overdriven filters with self-oscillation for certain "extreme" sounds but it's not a priority. That multiband saturator and glitch FX are surely more interesting.
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...

keel
KVRian
726 posts since 27 Oct, 2004 from Inside the kick drum

Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NEW Version 1.5 now available for customers. Demo and Discounts soon!

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:17 am

When the sale began? I was music store today and my intention was to buy a new headphones. After spending 3 hours to testing headphones, I decided that I don't need new headphones and going to buy Rapid instead. Now, just tell me how long I need to wait. Hurry, Mr. Parawave before I change my mind :D

Whywhy
KVRist
223 posts since 11 Aug, 2018

Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NEW Version 1.5 now available for customers. Demo and Discounts soon!

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:53 am

Parawave, you want to know...

That is a great synthesizer!!!!

Thanks a lot !
Please, could you consider adding mpe support in a future update.

recursive one
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:51 am

sircuit wrote:
exmatproton wrote:Okay. I love this update. 1 bug i found; when i choose a fx unit, i can't deselct this by pressing the "---" when i want to remove the fx.

Other then that; seems a very stable build with lovely graphics
I can confirm it too, in the Effects section.
Same here

exmatproton
KVRAF
2124 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:38 am

recursive one wrote:
sircuit wrote:
exmatproton wrote:Okay. I love this update. 1 bug i found; when i choose a fx unit, i can't deselct this by pressing the "---" when i want to remove the fx.

Same here
From Parawave;

"Yes, that one slipped through. It was introduced during another fix. Really annoying. But it is already fixed, we just have to wait a bit before pushing a new version."

sircuit
KVRian
541 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:23 am

exmatproton wrote:
recursive one wrote:
sircuit wrote:

Same here
From Parawave;

"Yes, that one slipped through. It was introduced during another fix. Really annoying. But it is already fixed, we just have to wait a bit before pushing a new version."
In my opinion this should be addressed asap with a minor update as this is a critical issue (as opposed to the issue with plugin not remembering window scaling when starting a new instance), then we can wait again whatever it takes for new features to be added.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

exmatproton
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:29 am

sircuit wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
recursive one wrote:
sircuit wrote:

Same here
From Parawave;

In my opinion this should be addressed asap with a minor update as this is a critical issue (as opposed to the issue with plugin not remembering window scaling when starting a new instance), then we can wait again whatever it takes for new features to be added.
I agree

recursive one
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:30 am

Actually you can replace an effect with another one or just disable the effect so it doesn't affect useablity but it looks untidy.

exmatproton
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:15 am

recursive one wrote:Actually you can replace an effect with another one or just disable the effect so it doesn't affect useablity but it looks untidy.
Yeah, but since they already fixed it, they could just upload a newer version as a quick fix. Happens all the time

parawave
KVRist
222 posts since 15 Mar, 2016 from Germany

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:31 am

sircuit wrote:In my opinion this should be addressed asap with a minor update as this is a critical issue (as opposed to the issue with plugin not remembering window scaling when starting a new instance), then we can wait again whatever it takes for new features to be added.
Don't worry, it's on the way. Probably released tomorrow as 1.5.1.
At least it's not a crashing bug, right? : )

sircuit
KVRian
541 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:39 am

Yes, I think I mentioned it either here either on another thread. I personally never encountered a single crash related to Rapid so kudos for that!
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

exmatproton
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:46 am

sircuit wrote:Yes, I think I mentioned it either here either on another thread. I personally never encountered a single crash related to Rapid so kudos for that!
Same here. Such a stable synth. The FX slot bug is literally the only thing on my machine. Thumbs up

recursive one
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:54 pm

I have one issue which still happens with the last update. I use Studio One 3.5 which has a "tarck transform" function, sort of freeze. If I transform Rapid into an audio track and then back to instrument track sometimes it forgets what wavetable has been loaded into the first oscillator and loads the default one instead. i doesn't happen too often but its annoying because i usually make all sounds right in the project and don't save the presets.

Also a minor request, if possible. I really like the Polaris theme, it's my default one niw. But the effects with yellow and brown background look sort of ugly when everything else is white and blue. Could all effects have white/blue colour in this theme? Well, it may be a stupid request but except for this Polaris looks absolutely perfect.

Also, if the effect rack in Rapid is aimed at making the synth patch complete and useable without any external processing, may I suggest a transient shaper for future updates? It's very useful tool, I often use an external one, but what If i want to use Rapid's delay but need a trasient shaper before it?

Whywhy
KVRist
223 posts since 11 Aug, 2018

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:14 pm

You could simulate a transient shaper with an envelope , env mod the mixer gain, poly, or mod the balance fx gain,mono. Short decay with light sustain could do the job for accentuating the attack or a seq modulation could simulate an hold too.

Mirko R.
KVRist
157 posts since 8 Oct, 2016 from Hagen | Germany

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:21 pm

recursive one wrote: Also a minor request, if possible. I really like the Polaris theme, it's my default one niw. But the effects with yellow and brown background look sort of ugly when everything else is white and blue. Could all effects have white/blue colour in this theme? Well, it may be a stupid request but except for this Polaris looks absolutely perfect.
If you want, you can modify the themes. On Windows just goto "C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Style Data\". In this folder are all generated themes and the zip-files contain folders with all rendered images. Just extract the png files you want to modify and do waht you want with it. Replace it when you're ready and reload rapid.

recursive one wrote: Also, if the effect rack in Rapid is aimed at making the synth patch complete and useable without any external processing, may I suggest a transient shaper for future updates? It's very useful tool, I often use an external one, but what If i want to use Rapid's delay but need a trasient shaper before it?
Yes, that's something I also thought about and I want to build it in. I have some cool unique ideas for this feature. But I think not in the next update, because there are many other "todos" first.

Return to “Instruments”