Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

It seems to me that NI is one of the most successful companies in this market. This is only possible via attracting many, many customers willing to buy their products and services. In that way they are doing something quite right...

martinjuenke wrote:It seems to me that NI is one of the most successful companies in this market. This is only possible via attracting many, many customers willing to buy their products and services. In that way they are doing something quite right...
This is very true...

McDonalds are also an extremely successful company with a range of popular products :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:It seems to me that NI is one of the most successful companies in this market. This is only possible via attracting many, many customers willing to buy their products and services. In that way they are doing something quite right...
This is very true...

McDonalds are also an extremely successful company with a range of popular products :wink:
Louis Vuitton and Hermès as well... :wink:

digitalboytn wrote:
This is very true...

yet, one feeds the mind while the other poisons the body!

we need science to tell us which is which though, of course. :hyper:

EvilDragon wrote:That wouldn't be nearly as CPU efficient and polyphonic at the same time.
I just said it looks like Blocks. Looks are only skin deep.

Blocks is still not 'dummied down' enough for me. I'm more musician than software geek.
I would like to see them take an approach more like Clavia did with with G2 software.
Other software modulars have used something similar.

For example, a 'keyboard' module that's patchable wherever needed.
Use the velocity, aftertouch, wheels, or release velocity outputs to patch into other modules.
It's somewhat close, but not there yet.

The closest thing I can find is the 'Note In' module,
but it's incomplete for what I need. And when I drill deep into the structure, what I see looks like
spaghetti, without a simple way to add something in.

I've worked on it a bit, but when I pay my money, it's so that others have already done that work,
and it's ready for me to use.

So, is it 'modular' to the point that those stats provided are modular?
i.e. Is it limited to two osc and five env?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:So, is it 'modular' to the point that those stats provided are modular?
We don't know yet... but my guess is that it is a fixed set of modules and the modular means you can freely re-wire it...

I don't expect it cause it does not seem to be a priority for NI, but my wish is that Massive X is MPE capable

Hmm.
Ima be real honest NI; I expect this to be better than Massive in like.. every single measurable way. :)
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Hmm.
Ima be real honest NI; I expect this to be better than Massive in like.. every single measurable way. :)
Me too. I'm pretty conifdent that it will be, though. :)

Kypresso wrote:Damn, i am so sick of loud obnoxious flashing lights videos with zero useful information.
+1

sjm wrote:
Kypresso wrote:Damn, i am so sick of loud obnoxious flashing lights videos with zero useful information.
+1
I agree. That video was completely useless.

dZamora wrote:Found this description on Sweetwater's listing of Complete 12 on Massive x:
Massive X ...

... "Onboard Monark filter — the best-sounding filter NI makes" ...
I find this concept bizarre. If it's their best filter, it's the best that they 'made' or 'coded' - it's in the past - this marketing tries to make it sound like hardware.

kb420 wrote:
sjm wrote:
+1
I agree. That video was completely useless.
I don't even know if I'm interested in being interested after watching that.

pdxindy wrote:
highkoo wrote:So, is it 'modular' to the point that those stats provided are modular?
We don't know yet... but my guess is that it is a fixed set of modules and the modular means you can freely re-wire it...

I don't expect it cause it does not seem to be a priority for NI, but my wish is that Massive X is MPE capable
It says it will be more expandable in every way compared to original massive. To me, it sort of sounds like Native Instruments will use Massive X as their hub for blocks ported outside of Reaktor so we can use Blocks as a vsti outside of reaktor! Won't that be cool :hyper: If so, we can expect more osc, filters, fx, sequences, etc, regularly. It will get really interesting if Reaktor updates along this routes as well, for a save block to Massive X module from within Reaktor, so 3rd party developers can get in the game.

Of course, this is all speculation, but not much else to do for the next 5 months :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

That^ would be cool, and kind of more in line with my expectations.
I was surprised to see those specific stats listed out, like we would any other "2 osc"....
But yea, a modular expandable Massive, with user wav osc, Monark filter, yez plz.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”