T-racks 5 - how to remove plugins you do not own

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed T-racks 5 and now I have an absolutely huge list of plugins from IK (see picture).
Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 6.50.56 PM.png
How the heck do I make it so I only see the plugins I actually own?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Buy them all :lol:

Or zip them in folders where they are installed. It's a bit more preferable than deleting them. When you'll upgrade you'll see all the plugins you don't own and will be able to delete new versions.

As mentioned @lobanov.
I compress the unused ones to individual RAR's, each has the name of the plugin, E.g. Black 76.rar. I also only choose one format, like VST3.
I recently tried a few demos, just had to unrar the specific ones.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Must be said, that IKM T-Racks installer is a piece of crap as there is no option to choose what plugins to install. This is soooo annoying especially during the IKM promotion. Every time I get new plugin as addition I have to reinstall whole 1.2GB package, then manually remove those plugins I do not use and this for all formats (VST2, VST3, AU) as I use all of them. I really do not understand why IKM uses this silly installation procedure.

^^^
Why reinstall - isn't just Authorizing the new plug-in sufficient? After all, the plug-in was already installed and sitting there.

And the installer allows me to deselect the plug-in formats (VST3 and AAX) that I did not need.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

What bothers me is there is no way to keep the plugins you don't own from showing up on the TRacks 5 interface (lower right hand side). The request to only allow plugins you own to show was made some time ago and of course ignored.
tr5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

And why was the request to allow only plugins you own to show ignored ? Because if you accidentally click on a plugin you don't own you get this:
TRacks .png
Just another opportunity to generate more sales. Or Spam if you want to look at it that way. :wink:

Here's a real world example of why the feature to allow only plugins you own to show is desirable. For example I sometimes forget if I own EQ-PA or EQ-PB and they look similar. If I mistakenly click the one I don't own I get:
TRacks-2 .png
I own most of the TRacks plugins but not all. The ones I don't own I have tried and decided not to buy. Offering to sell them to me over and over isn't going to make me buy them. It's annoying to be spammed when I accidentally try to load one I don't own. Yes first world problem and I should just memorize all the TR plugins I own....or IK could just listen to a logical feature request and allow user customization of plugin lists..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

poshook wrote: I really do not understand why IKM uses this silly installation procedure.
Because they are a scum company.

soulone82 wrote:Because they are a scum company.
Care to substantiate that somewhat libellous and immature claim? I mean, that's just a dumb thing to say, it really is. If you don't like their plugins, fine, but your comment added nothing to this topic and did nothing to answer the original question. Really, your comment added nothing of any use to anyone.

To the OP, yeah, I get the problem, but each plugin (certainly for VSTs) is its own file that you can remove from your plugin folder. It's not an elegant answer or the best one, I get it, but it is what it is. At least it can be done.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:If you don't like their plugins, fine
It´s not the plugins, it´s IKM´s shady business tactics that get on my nerves. Did they implement one single feature request made by their loyal and paying customers to improve their purchase/installation/authorization procedures? No, they clearly didn´t.

If you like to be shitted on, fine, but don´t expect others to swallow that sh!t.

UAudio does it too.
I have more or less stopped buying either of their plugins and only reluctantly update sometimes when a new version comes out (a bug fix that affects me personally)......specifically for this reason.....
And it is deliberate..

rsp
sound sculptist

At least in Logic, I can de-initialize the ones I don't own, so that when I'm in Logic, the only selectable ones are the ones I own. So, from my perspective, it isn't an issue, and when I authorized the newly available plugins in the GB, all I had to do was re-check the box in the plugin manager.

Now, the situation with Amplitube is a lot more aggravating, when clicking on presets and getting told I don't have all the necessary components for that preset. That is distracting and annoying.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

It's nothing more than aggressive marketing. By forcing you to install all plugins, there's always a chance you will try some of them and even like and buy some. All IKM cares about is getting as much of your money as possible.

This company has been on my sh*tlist since I found out they want money to re-download stuff you already paid for. Greedy bastards.

soulone82 wrote:
cprompt wrote:If you don't like their plugins, fine
It´s not the plugins, it´s IKM´s shady business tactics that get on my nerves. Did they implement one single feature request made by their loyal and paying customers to improve their purchase/installation/authorization procedures? No, they clearly didn´t.

If you like to be shitted on, fine, but don´t expect others to swallow that sh!t.
UAD does the same. Installer installs everything. It's super annoying and I hate it in both IK and UAD, but they are not scam companies, it's just part of their business model and we have to suck it.

If there was enough hate for the installers, they will be flooded with emails but obviously there is not.

I've not purchased anything from IK since AmpliTube 3 and that was a passion killer for me clicking on presets only to be told I've not got the plugs, I've not used it since.

The current MESA/Boogie offer got my interest and then I thought no don't go there again I've got other alternatives..

The group buy I had no interest in after buying Waves Horizon ($162.95 for 75 plugins) the only thing I would have liked from IK is the Leslie.

I don't want group buys, jam points, custom shops, I just want good offers and install only the plugins I have actually purchased.

It seems IK's business model works for them and some customers like it so they have not changed, but sorry there is too much other good stuff out there IK is just not for me anymore.

Return to “Effects”