Novation V-Station installer for OSX 10.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVR community,
I have been in touch with Novation to find a V-station installer for my ancient G4 powerbook on OSX 10.4.11.
No legacy installers for PPC G4/G5!
V2.5 needs at least OSX 10.5.
The available pdf hasn't been updated for years, so the system requirements are NOT UP TO DATE.
The old G4 runs absolutely solid!!!

I do have an original activation code issued by Novation.

So,
I'm looking for a V-Station installer for my G4 powerbook.
PLEASE HELP...

I'm aware that Novation shipped some of the controller keyboards with a version of V-station...
How can it be soooo difficult to find an installer?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Im on Windows so i dont normally keep any Mac installers around, however, i have the 'Novation Special DVD' here (MusicTech giveaway from July 2015) and it contains the following Mac installers in .dmg format:

- V-Station 2.3
- BassStation 2.1
- Midnight Suite 1.6

Version 2.3 is fairly new so it might be too new, no idea what the last version was that works on your OS. But if it works and Novation dont mind, im happy to give you a copy. (Just ask them for their OK.)

If it helps, i have a V-Station original CD here, which states that the version (1.5.1) is compatible from Mac OS 10.2 up. I'd guess that, up to version 1.7, they're all compatible with Mac OS 10.4. From version 2 on, they added a different authorization method, added 64-bit support, and some other things, so, i think you won't have luck with anything version 2 plus.

I would send you the installer, but, there's only the Windows EXE on that CD... not sure if they sold both version separately. I thought the Mac version was on there as well, but, it isn't, unfortunately.

Did you check with "show hidden files" perhaps? Otherwise there might be a hidden partition only readable by OSX... In which case doing an ISO image of the CD should help.

Thank you much guys!!!...The 1.51 installer works and just had a message back from Novation with an old (10-digit) activation code...absolute fantastic community here!!!
Thanks to the Novation customer support...going the extra mile...V-station is happily working in Logic Pro 7.2

EvilDragon wrote:Did you check with "show hidden files" perhaps? Otherwise there might be a hidden partition only readable by OSX... In which case doing an ISO image of the CD should help.
Ah... good point. Will check that later, even though the issue seems to be solved for the OP. :)

Return to “Instruments”