Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote:
C-quence wrote:And for the people without facebook...?
they can't join obviously...
YMMD! What a great answer, I think there is a deeper meaning and a solution for mankind, the universe and everything else behind it. After some hours of thinking about the result is: I mostly agree. What a hard nut to crack though. :D

Love what you guys did with the Arp I bet 1.5 is going to be awesome and that skin that you used is it coming free in 1.5

Excellent. Avengers uniqueness factor just went way up.
:tu:

Wow looking forward to this update ! Avenger is killing it...... :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@msvs: before releasing the new arp, it would be handy to implement the +/- 12 st for each note of the chord (and a note selector for the sub - as you know, when doing inversions or counterpoints the bass note is not necessarily the lowest). Without inversions (and sometimes out of key) tension chords in today's (non cheesy) music, this arp is going to be a frustration to use for chords (some customization but not complete customization) and useable only for demos along with the drums section (sadly).

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:
msvs wrote:
C-quence wrote:And for the people without facebook...?
they can't join obviously...
YMMD! What a great answer, I think there is a deeper meaning and a solution for mankind, the universe and everything else behind it. After some hours of thinking about the result is: I mostly agree. What a hard nut to crack though. :D
Never heard of sarcasm?
It’s bad when you ignore customers by putting stuff in Facebook imo.

sircuit wrote:@msvs: before releasing the new arp, it would be handy to implement the +/- 12 st for each note of the chord (and a note selector for the sub - as you know, when doing inversions or counterpoints the bass note is not necessarily the lowest). Without inversions (and sometimes out of key) tension chords in today's (non cheesy) music, this arp is going to be a frustration to use for chords (some customization but not complete customization) and useable only for demos along with the drums section (sadly).
Inversions are already implemented and demoed in the video @ approx 2.30. To use chord inversions, you move the bar up or down one.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Great!

as the saying goes... you can please ALL of the people SOME of the time and you can please SOME of the people ALL of the time but you can NEVER please ALL of the people ALL of the time. lol such is life...
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Great update @msvs! And happy to hear it's a free update, a nice gesture to your customers!

MadDogE134 wrote:as the saying goes... you can please ALL of the people SOME of the time and you can please SOME of the people ALL of the time but you can NEVER please ALL of the people ALL of the time. lol such is life...
It's not about pleasing, it's about stop implementing half-baked modules (anyone actually using the granular engine? is there any reverse mode in the sampler yet? parallel filtering?) which on the long run hurt the real-world workflow (trying to get something done inside Avenger, then find out that "oops, that tweak can't be done" then switch outside of it and doing allover again).

And all the time people ask for more, more, more (no Scooter pun intended), they praise the upcoming features and then in a week they totally forgot about them and ask for more. So instead of laying out well-thought and optimized code, the devs are caught in this cat & mouse game with feeding the always hungry for more people. Or maybe that's the whole idea behind developing it, to hook people on "features", I don't know. People should be able to discern more between gimmics and real features. Also the fact that is still crashing the daw 2 years and countless of updates later (ignoring the immense footprint on GPU and memory) is unbelievable.

anyone actually using the granular engine?
yes, me. In nearly every expansion.

sircuit wrote:
MadDogE134 wrote:as the saying goes... you can please ALL of the people SOME of the time and you can please SOME of the people ALL of the time but you can NEVER please ALL of the people ALL of the time. lol such is life...
It's not about pleasing, it's about stop implementing half-baked modules (anyone actually using the granular engine? is there any reverse mode in the sampler yet? parallel filtering?) which on the long run hurt the real-world workflow (trying to get something done inside Avenger, then find out that "oops, that tweak can't be done" then switch outside of it and doing allover again).

And all the time people ask for more, more, more (no Scooter pun intended), they praise the upcoming features and then in a week they totally forgot about them and ask for more. So instead of laying out well-thought and optimized code, the devs are caught in this cat & mouse game with feeding the always hungry for more people. Or maybe that's the whole idea behind developing it, to hook people on "features", I don't know. People should be able to discern more between gimmics and real features. Also the fact that is still crashing the daw 2 years and countless of updates later (ignoring the immense footprint on GPU and memory) is unbelievable.
I can sign that about no reverse option in the sampler is very weak....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

well i was speaking of those complaining about farcebook lol but in this age of immediate gratification... people are never satisfied. since i am almost 60 i had to deal with means not so forgiving. the tools today are so much better than what i grew up with and i am happy with what i have. there is no such thing as true happiness... true happiness comes with learning to be contented. as my Grandpa always taught me... "wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which gets filled first" lol

carry on...
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Instruments”