Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks good William :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Thanks, did several more things today. :hyper: :hug:

Wk

:wink:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

The vertical alignment (and therefore flow) of the above layout is sure more appealing to me than the horizontal layout of the newer UI. I realize the new design has many more onscreen parameters, but the the columns over rows idea would be a strong preference, for me.

I know FoL is a top skin designer, and will surely do a fine job of this!

Indeed, we have to wait and see. ;-) I may try to make a different design myself later on too. :cool:

So, today I finished up coding the rest of the FX slots. ;-) So I would say this is ready for beta testing... once things are ok, I can work on the manual. :hyper:

Cheers, WilliamK

Nice job William. Looks awesome! Owning EVE some years ago,I am now more than tempted to get my mitts on this new version :love:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Just me saying: I'd be more than happy with an update of ver. 1 to 64 bit and a resizeable GUI.

jethrobull wrote:Nice job William. Looks awesome! Owning EVE some years ago,I am now more than tempted to get my mitts on this new version :love:
:hug:

I won't be able to please everybody, sorry guys, I had to pick an option and go with that, and so I did. ;-) EVE V5 is DONE now! :hyper: Oh yeah! Beta tests should start later today, if all goes right. It will be closed to those who purchased it, and later on I will release a beta demo too. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK

Great news, I'm starting up the beta tests ( closed to those who did the preorder or have an ongoing wusik membership subscription) for Wusik EVE V5!

So far I have uploaded the Windows version, will do the MAC version in the next couple of days. Also, no installer yet, I will do the installer soon too (just need to copy from the other installers, no big deal, just time consuming).

There will be other skins, specially done by Flavous of Lime! :hyper: and I will do some variations of my crappy one. :hihi:

Cheers, WilliamK

I will create a detailed manual for it soon. Most parameters have tool tips and allow to right click. Ctrl+click will center and shift+drag will fine tune. In the lower-right, under volume, pan, mute you have the fine + tune. click or right click to see more options such as Double OSC mode, Fixed Pitch and High Quality. You can also Right+drag to change tune instead of fine.

The Filter and Pitch Envelopes are separated, but you edit one at one time. Click F / P to toggle one or another.

At the bottom area, the Key Zones, right click and select Learn to hit your keyboard with low and high key zones.

The filter zone allows multiple filters to be added, they are processed in SERIES, but you can click on the filter name to open a menu list and select PARALEL PROCESSING.

Very nice project. Fuller frequency spectrum in the new sounds. Addition of a 4th slot. Great series or parallel effects. Seems like the soundbanks are recognized in the location where the .dll file is. A problem I had with EVE 3 is that the location of the data files was often dumped needing to be reconnected. This may not be an issue anymore with ver 5.

One request so far. To be compliant with the older EVE soundsets, can we include the DASHsnd format. Some really nice legacy banks were made for EVE in this format. EVE 3 opens them, EVE 5 does not. Alternatively, there was a DASHsnd to Wusiksnd converter, if this is still available (?).

Trying to dig into the beta so I can complain properly and earn my keep. Noticed a couple transient things that might be bugs but will get more data before reporting in case it is operator error. One small issue is that the glide is somewhat erratic, repeating notes and jumping.

Okay, just found maybe one bug (if not operator error) with the fx processing. Haven't nailed it down yet to a cause, but the modulations can get stuck even if the presets are changed. Modulation continues even if the fx are turned off. Requires a shutdown and restart to clear memory.

Best,
John K

May as well add another transient glitch in case it is worth anything. Haven't duplicated it so far.
Chorus fx cranked up was causing a sporadic noise, hissing. Maybe water under the dam if it doesn't happen again.

Happy equinox to all... Trivia... Equinox is the physics equal day and night celestial event. The way the atmosphere bends light however, you got to wait til Sept 28 to get actual equal day and night. For me, I'm celebrating today with blessed heathens all over the earth.

John K

any crash logs, files, whatever needed, please advise

Cakreshvara wrote:One request so far. To be compliant with the older EVE soundsets, can we include the DASHsnd format. Some really nice legacy banks were made for EVE in this format. EVE 3 opens them, EVE 5 does not. Alternatively, there was a DASHsnd to Wusiksnd converter, if this is still available (?).
The code should read DASHsnd files natively, unless I did something wrong. :dog: Are the files been listed? Do they show an error when you try to load? I will check the other reports tomorrow. ;-)

Keep in mind that the sounds I included in the beta are just some from EVE V3 for testing, the final release will have pretty much the same lib as the other products. I will work something out. :cool:

You can download the public set of files that should work with EVE V5. :hyper:

http://www.wusik.com/wusik%20one/downlo ... ection.zip

Cheers, WilliamK

Migrating the DASHsnd folders to the EVE 5 Soundsets folder allows them to be seen and selected in the browser, but selecting them gives the Load New Sound...You Have a Mapped Sound (etc) message. Clicking okay clears the message but nothing loads. No wav file graphic in the slot. The slot is still affected since there is the Remove Sound option from the attempt to load DASHsnd.

The same Load New Sound message comes up once while next loading a good working sound which then plays.

I experienced the hung effects LFO again and trying to link it with some behavior like possibly trying to load the DASHsnd soundsets. This is inconsistent though making it harder to trace the exact cause. The hung effects are a panning tremolo and swell sound.

Best,
John K

(edit) The hung effects were the Duo Test LFO Leslie SFX which I must have hit without knowing. Init clears the effect. Will watch this in case something else triggers it (maybe a linked preset that carries over?)

Minor GUI issue.

The pan sliders in the lower right corner slide the opposite way from what you would expect. They register R and L and work well, but panning right goes left and sliding left pans to the right.

John K

Return to “Instruments”