T-racks 5 - how to remove plugins you do not own

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reefius wrote:It's nothing more than aggressive marketing. By forcing you to install all plugins, there's always a chance you will try some of them and even like and buy some. All IKM cares about is getting as much of your money as possible.

This company has been on my sh*tlist since I found out they want money to re-download stuff you already paid for. Greedy bastards.

Spectrasonics does this too.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

soulone82 wrote:
cprompt wrote:If you don't like their plugins, fine
It´s not the plugins, it´s IKM´s shady business tactics that get on my nerves. Did they implement one single feature request made by their loyal and paying customers to improve their purchase/installation/authorization procedures? No, they clearly didn´t.

If you like to be shitted on, fine, but don´t expect others to swallow that sh!t.

I'm not sure you grasp the meaning of shady, just saying. :hihi:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
Reefius wrote:It's nothing more than aggressive marketing. By forcing you to install all plugins, there's always a chance you will try some of them and even like and buy some. All IKM cares about is getting as much of your money as possible.

This company has been on my sh*tlist since I found out they want money to re-download stuff you already paid for. Greedy bastards.

How so?
Spectrasonics has never installed on my system a plugin from them that I don't 'own'.
rsp
sound sculptist

Nimrod7 wrote:...........
If there was enough hate for the installers, they will be flooded with emails but obviously there is not.
Curious to know how you know that part? How do you know they aren't being flooded and they just ignore them?

I don't know either way, I know I have cussed, emailed, raised it on their forum (uad) and all I got is we are aware, and one day....

I have no idea how much complaints they get about it though.
rsp
sound sculptist

Nimrod7 wrote: UAD does the same. Installer installs everything. It's super annoying and I hate it in both IK and UAD, but they are not scam companies, it's just part of their business model and we have to suck it.

If there was enough hate for the installers, they will be flooded with emails but obviously there is not.
It is probably for the same reason(s) too. In order to facilitate better demoing and offline authorization. If your DAW has customizable plugin lists you can typically hide what you do not want to see there, as an option. I have relayed the comments on this topic to the team.

zvenx wrote:
ATS wrote:

How so?
Spectrasonics has never installed on my system a plugin from them that I don't 'own'.
rsp
I think he means that Spectrasonics charges for re-downloads

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:In order to facilitate better demoing and offline authorization.

You must be taking your customers for idiots if you think they are going to believe this bullshyt.

Oh...wait...you ARE taking your customers for idiots!
Last edited by soulone82 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zvenx wrote:
Curious to know how you know that part? How do you know they aren't being flooded and they just ignore them?

I don't know either way, I know I have cussed, emailed, raised it on their forum (uad) and all I got is we are aware, and one day....

rsp
I haven't complained but I do find the practice irritating - going to the point of making a list of things that need to be uninstalled whenever an update rolls around and leaving that in the IK plug-in subfolder. To some extent, it's not that much more work to delete a few plugins than to go through a checklist of plugins in an installer. And, given Ik's approach to marketing and promotion overall I didn't feel complaining would be worth the effort. However, I've no problem shooting them an email if that's the gauge they're using.

I own most of the t-racks stuff, so it's no big deal to me. In Reaper I tend to organise my own folders so I can add the plugins I own to my own custom "IK" folder, so it really is not an issue. But I can certainly see why someone who only owns a few plugins and doesn't have the ability to create custom folders would find it frustrating. If there was an option in the Custom Shop to "Hide plugins I don't own" that would be useful.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

jsp1979 wrote:
zvenx wrote:
ATS wrote:

How so?
rsp
I think he means that Spectrasonics charges for re-downloads

Ahh ok.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Nimrod7 wrote: UAD does the same. Installer installs everything. It's super annoying and I hate it in both IK and UAD, but they are not scam companies, it's just part of their business model and we have to suck it.

It is probably for the same reason(s) too. In order to facilitate better demoing and offline authorization. If your DAW has customizable plugin lists you can typically hide what you do not want to see there, as an option. I have relayed the comments on this topic to the team.
The issue with that for me is I beta test for several companies and often we get builds that destroys the customizations and you have to rebuild it.

We have I am sure had this convo years ago and gotten the same relay comments to the team.
rsp
sound sculptist

I really dislike that practice,too. At least IKMM got rid of that quicktime crap.

Gamma-UT wrote:
zvenx wrote:

rsp
I haven't complained but I do find the practice irritating - going to the point of making a list of things that need to be uninstalled whenever an update rolls around and leaving that in the IK plug-in subfolder. To some extent, it's not that much more work to delete a few plugins than to go through a checklist of plugins in an installer. And, given Ik's approach to marketing and promotion overall I didn't feel complaining would be worth the effort. However, I've no problem shooting them an email if that's the gauge they're using.

I doubt if it is...
I have to do it for both mac and pc and in some cases for pc 64 and 32 bit as well as mac.
rsp
sound sculptist

I just remove the .dll files for the ones I don't own and stick them in a folder so Cubase doesn't scan them on start up.

dblock wrote:I just remove the .dll files for the ones I don't own and stick them in a folder so Cubase doesn't scan them on start up.
Which is what i do too. Thrice. With a list of what I own.
I guess we should be grateful that Waves doesn't do it. :)
For me PA has the best option. You can choose all or single ones or the ones you have bought with very simple clicks.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”