video killed the radio star. weaponise me!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

its hardware, its relevant to my studio. seems like the right forum...

video cameras...
looking for fairly cheap but reasonable quality.

ideally 2 or 3 that can be plugged in via usb and record simultaneously.

any recommendations or is it a case of see what i get :lol:

a small projector or two would be nice too. quality not essential there, more just to make a blank beige wall look less yawn!

I think ip-cameras might be what you are looking for - connect over ethernet cable instead.
What is used for surveillance camera systems, kind of.

There is plenty to choose from $50 and up.
A lot of no-name stuff to more wellknown like Axis, Sony, Canon, Panasonic etc.

Looks like Pinnacle offer multi-cam capture software: https://www.pinnaclesys.com/en/products ... m-capture/
There are lots of inexpensive webcams which support 1080p resolution at 30FPS ($50>$100). Logitech and Microsoft make them but I've only used those for teleconferencing/skype.

I use two entry-level DSLRs for video recording (Nikon D3300) but those were over $300 a piece. You might also look at GoPro cameras but most of those action cameras have a weird fish-eye lens thing going on.

What are you trying to do?

justin3am wrote:
What are you trying to do?
wanna be a youtube star! theres millions of dollars to be made!!!! :o

or seriously now...

couple of people have asked about videoing sessions on the modular to show how i work (apparently my tolstoyesque reply didn't explain things very well it seems...)[mainly because im not good with the englandish writering :o ]

Are you making some 'films'? :hihi:

i could do it on one camera, but figured if im using pedals as well, maybe shots of those too. but its not essential really.

thanks both for the replies.

webcam seems like a possibility. at that price if its shite its not a major loss i guess :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote:Are you making some 'films'? :hihi:

if you don't mind, its art :x

does anyone remember the videonics mixer from the '90s? the 'ip-based security cams' seem like a sort of modern equivalent. i've been looking for a modern, sort of 'usb videonics' hardware unit for plugging in multiple usb cams. actually it looks like the corel software might do the job 'in the box'. great thread!

There are a couple of sets of 3rd-party drivers for using multiple Sony PS-3 eye cameras, which are decent quality, (and dead cheap if bought OEM) cameras, and good enough for cheap mocap rigs, but last time I tried to upgrade the CLEye drivers I have I had to get a paypal refund, so I dont know what the status of that project is.
Some info on the options at

https://github.com/cboulay/PSMoveServic ... -(Windows)

Maybe a bit IT-tech/DIY but its an option
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”