UVI Drum Designer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Drum Designer

Liero wrote:How widely are the parameters of the individual kit pieces open to automation from the host? I.e. can I modulate/automate the decay on one of the snare elements from the host?
Yes.

I was all excited but seems very similar to other options.

One thing companies haven't realized is that users of Push/Maschine the sequencer is totally superflous and it would be great if they provided individual modules than can be load in to a drum rack or a single track, so we can get a very simple UI and the controls be accesible to the controller in a reasonable amount of pages instead of a single instant with all controls buried under lots of pages.

IL got that quite right with the individual module in drummax, hope more companies did it.
dedication to flying

Drum Designer has individual modules.

Gamma-UT wrote:Drum Designer has individual modules.

That you can load without the main one and sequencer?
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:Drum Designer has individual modules.

That you can load without the main one and sequencer?
Yes :)
This means that you can have 12 Kick, 36 snare and 1 clap in your track :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

This product is clearly not supposed to be all about its sequencer. It's great but in theory it's mostly about the sound.
Still happy that people are appreciating the sequencer part :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Does anyone know if the Kick can be played Chormatically? I see on the website that it says the Kick synth has key follow, but I havn't seen videos of it be used like this yet.
If the answer is yes it follows key pitching, then I am gonna buy this :)

Thanks in Advance

My thoughts after a few hours with it: It's comparable with Sample Magic Klip which I also own. Pretty sure there are other similar plugins, but I'm not familiar with them.

If you want to customize you'll get dissapointed. You can't use your own samples. I could however see whats under the hood in Falcon. So far I could add and trigger my own samples with DD, but the editing in DD has no effect. I haven't tried to replace or edit the DD sample yet in Falcon as a precausion.

The sounds in DD can have up to 4 layers, but you can't add one yourself if a sound has 2 or 3 as far as I know. You can change and edit he sample though to make your own sound.

Hopefully they will open DD up in the future, which would be awesome especially in Falcon, Iron out some kinks and add some quality of life implementations to get around quick in DD. An example: to zoom you have to go into a dropdown menu first wereas in Klip it's Shift-click or something. Also the it's too small for those micro edits.

Having said that I realy do enjoy it like I do Klip or my other handfull of drum plugins. It sounds amazing and the drumsounds are well layered. So far I've spend a few hours studying the layers.

If you have any questions let me know.

Are there any deals better than $99US out there? :phones:

djhydrosonics wrote:Does anyone know if the Kick can be played Chormatically? I see on the website that it says the Kick synth has key follow, but I havn't seen videos of it be used like this yet.

Thanks in Advance
Yes, but you have to only use the drummodule....

kingryan wrote:
djhydrosonics wrote:Does anyone know if the Kick can be played Chormatically? I see on the website that it says the Kick synth has key follow, but I havn't seen videos of it be used like this yet.

Thanks in Advance
Yes, but you have to only use the drummodule....

Ahh great, that is fine, To be very honest I would be using the kick as a seperate module. From what I have seen on youtube, their built in sequencer looks a little fiddley. I'd be using it with Reason 10 Drum Sequncer or Presonus Studio one 4. As they have probability modes.

Thank you for the reply @Kingryan

No Probs! Yes it's fiddly compared to Klip. Hopefully they fix it to be a bit more snappy...

https://youtu.be/X0-0CzSRmEo

Another Noodling Around review to skim through.

To re-iterate what I say in the video, I think these are some pristine and well produced drum sounds that almost appear to have some industry secrets laid bare in the presets :D. Not only are these sounds turn key ready to go, but the quantized length creation for the noise and body of the hits is really helpful and takes a lot of the busy work away from layering these sounds with other kits.

The categories for the presets are all fairly modern in focus, with stuff like Trap and Dubstep and EDM taking front stage. Every preset comes with it's own 4 part pattern as well, which ends up being a lot of beats. These sounds are so well crafted that they are basically immediately usable in any modern production, but I think there are some real legs on this one as a tool for giving body to any percussion tracks down the line.
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

deleted
Last edited by Samplecraze on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So...five years ago. And in a world where layering is very common. The UI structure doesn't even look vaguely similar and doesn't have the parametric EQ or effects setup in that prototype. The name? Yeah, maybe. But with a name as generic as "drum designer", you're not going to get far with protecting that without an actual product in the market. It's not as if they used the extra 'm', which clearly would be associated with the other Samplecraze products (that just turned up in a search).

Return to “Instruments”