Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:oops: Point taken, sir! :D

Russell Grand wrote::oops: Point taken, sir! :D
:hug:

For me this comes ten years too late.
After EVE went downhill after becoming part of the wusik family I lost interest. Took much too long for a 64 bit version, now I don't even have the old files/proof of purchase anymore.

Did you read on why it took so long for me to create a new version? Just checking. In any event, I'm working on what I think it will be a great thing, but you don't need to like it. Just don't give up on me just yet. ;-) :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

Rasmusklump,

Hey brother. Just my thought on all this...

So much changing with the time. For me, I can't code. Can't dive in and fix issues. Can only report them when I run up against a rock.

What I don't have a true handle on, is the mind blowing effort that may be needed to fix one small bug or implement a feature request.

Been a long time coming, but EVE is going 64 bit and William is likely spending many sleepless nights trying to deliver. The trajectory is positive. Fixes, new betas, hard core work is going on to get it right and out the door. Got to respect that.

Will probably keep EVE 3 on the computer, but celebrating the rebirth with EVE 5.

May this find you well,
John K

...kinda quiet around here..

I took some time away, organizing the cables at the office. :hihi:

The small issue of the left and right pan opposite direction response remains, but EVE 5 seems to work the way it is supposed to. Getting some really fine sounds loading up different slots and playing with the effects and envelopes.

Think most of the bugs have been taken care of (will still look for more :hihi: )

A retro type feature request for the back burner, and may not even be relevant any more to an evolving world. If we got sfz support, sf2 would be a plus as well. There are tons of great sf2 libraries out there and if like me, still in use. Got to get some miles out of my Digital Sound Factory excess.

It would also be a big plus to have the ability to add different coexisting directories for the files. Sorta the way the abandoned Alchemy rompler could be directed to pick up Dimension Pro sfz libraries in addition to the Alchemy content.

John

New Wusik EVE V5 Beta 04 (Windows only for now, still need to arrange the MAC files. Will do it later this week). No need to update the DATA files, just the PLUGINS.

Oct 01 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 04

- Added SF2 Sample Loading Support (Soundfont II).
- Fixed the Pan Left/Right operation.
- Change all Wet/Dry to Wet and now going up will add the Wet signal instead of the Dry signal. So far left is totally dry and far right is totally wet signal.

Cheers, WilliamK

Oct 01 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 06

- Added an anti-click code for sounds/waveforms that does not start at Zero (0.0).

William, thank you so much. Sf2 support opens up vintage horizons and increases the power of EVE 5. Pan issue fixed.

John

Thanks, let me know if you find anything else. I will also add some of those new EVE V5 stuff to Wusik Station V9 and Wusik 8008 future updates :hyper: (as they share most of the sample-player code and other codes).

Oct 02 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 08

! This updated requires you to update the DATA files too !

- Added Custom Filter support with 4 extra filter types. The custom filter and custom effect are TXT files that can be changed by the user to create new filters & effects. Check the Data folder under Extras for a folder for each one.
- Fixed a few problems when deleting or replacing the first filter.

Cheers, WilliamK

Just uploaded the MAC version too. :cool:

Wk

William,

Again, thanks for the hard effort on EVE 5.

Is there a rough manual of any kind. I'd really like to beat up the LFO grids to verify that they work. Just can't figure out what is going on yet.

EVE 5 possibly getting closer to release capability. Have not found any new bugs (yet), so just throwing out some feature requests again. Things that would really increase the power and utility. Nothing earth shattering.

Philosophical crap looking back at the industry. One example, the SMPTE time code war between competing developers. Any DAW that incorporated the protocol set their rig up to be the master. Nobody wanted to be the slave so that option was not available. Reaper DAW bent like the Buddhist reed and allowed slave status. Instead of weakening their place, Reaper gained new freedom for those needing the function.

With EVE 5, I can see adding a settings function to include multiple paths to select the different forms of playable files published by other developers.

Using Cakewalk as an example, their romplers like Dimension Pro, Rapture. Alchemy gigs of library all set to specific places on the drive.

If EVE could pick these paths up in the settings, would make EVE a central controlling point for any available library. Add EVE files. Mix and match with other files in their location.

As a controlling point, would also ask in the future for a phaser effect, missing currently in the fx. Many of the cheezy retro files benefit from a phaser. Then the arp engine. Can never have too many arp choices. Anything to expand the arp presets.

John

Return to “Instruments”