RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Hmmm .
NO 32 bit installer
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Saukar30 wrote:Thanks Claes!

I tried to install the release version, and it works... kind of. I don't see any DLL files, however.
It was working for me for about 3 minutes, but then as I was switching between presets it crashed my DAW.
I'm using the 64-bit version.
Last edited by Examigan on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow! Thank you! I have heard great things about this synth back in the day, but never had a chance to use it until now. I look forward to see how this will evolve in the open-source world. :)

On a sidenote I think this is a great example for developers when it comes to a great piece of software. Instead of Surge just fading away into history it's gonna be living on evolving hopfully for many years yet!

Nice one! :tu:
Last edited by Drew Lake on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can anyone point me to a 32 bit installer on te github page ( if there is any )

The one found on the 'release ' page is x64 architecture only
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Really nice to have this released as open source. Was always curious about Surge but didn't get round to trying it. Is anyone else having issues installing? I've selected my vst directory and all that appears in there is a DAT file and an uninstaller - it appears everything else gets installed somewhere else that I never specified? My host (Renoise) doesn't pick anything up either.

skyscape wrote:Is anyone else having issues installing? I've selected my vst directory and all that appears in there is a DAT file and an uninstaller - it appears everything else gets installed somewhere else that I never specified? My host (Renoise) doesn't pick anything up either.
Yeah both vst2 and 3 are tossed into programfiles/common/

-----

Okay cool. Thanks!!!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I predict the next native Linux "supersynth", after ZynAddSubFx. ;)

Yay! Another vote for a bigger GUI.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Yay! Another vote for a bugger GUI.
As in buggier, or bigger? ;) :P

Or booger? :hihi:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Yay! Another vote for a bugger GUI.
As in buggier, or bigger? ;) :P

Or booger? :hihi:
Oh wow, I did say that :dog:
Edited 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Distorted Horizon wrote:
skyscape wrote:Is anyone else having issues installing? I've selected my vst directory and all that appears in there is a DAT file and an uninstaller - it appears everything else gets installed somewhere else that I never specified? My host (Renoise) doesn't pick anything up either.
Yeah both vst2 and 3 are tossed into programfiles/common/
I had found the files myself and i had I moved the 64-bit VST2 DLL into my Vstplugins folder but in Live 10 Suite i only get a "no GUI" plugin which means that i just get lots of faders in the Live device panel but no actual GUI.
The plugin seems to produce sound but could not browse through any presets.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Windows VST2 64bit version works great, you just have to move the Surge.dll from \Program Files\Common Files\VST2\Surge.dll to your real VST plugin folder (the installer doesn't let you choose where to install).

I love the small UI footprint!

(tested in VSTHost x64)

cnt wrote:Windows VST2 64bit version works great, you just have to move the Surge.dll from \Program Files\Common Files\VST2\Surge.dll to your real VST plugin folder (the installer doesn't let you choose where to install).

I love the small UI footprint!

(tested in VSTHost x64)
Now i also checked the 64-bit VST2 in Cubase 9.5.30 and the GUI seems to work there so the problem mentioned in my post above seems to be related to using the VST2 in Live 10 (version 10.0.3). Currently i do not have a similar problem with other plugins used in Live 10.

PS:
Many thanks to Claes for providing this for free now and even as Open Source so someone else could try to develop this further in the future. FWIW several yeras ago i already had owned Surge but had sold it
Currently i own lots of other wavetable synths but am re-checking Surge now.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”