Waves V10 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SiliconDeath wrote:Can someone explain this to me?? I recently updated my windows. In my previous windows, I could download both v9 and v10 plugins, but now in my newer windows the waves center only shows download option for plugins that have v10 license, and doesn't let me download my plugins that have v9 license? Wth is this

EDIT: It's stuff like this that will keep me from buying any more waves plugins :bang:
https://www.waves.com/downloads/v9
Legacy offline installer for V9.
The market is big enough.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote:
SiliconDeath wrote:Can someone explain this to me?? I recently updated my windows. In my previous windows, I could download both v9 and v10 plugins, but now in my newer windows the waves center only shows download option for plugins that have v10 license, and doesn't let me download my plugins that have v9 license? Wth is this

EDIT: It's stuff like this that will keep me from buying any more waves plugins :bang:
https://www.waves.com/downloads/v9
Legacy offline installer for V9.
Yes, you are certainly not the first (or last) one, who hits your head to the wall of Waves indifference .
I went through that few months ago, too.
The main reason to my antipation towards Waves is not the (stupud) way, how they have implemented the move ver. 9 - > ver. 10, but the cunning way, how the misslead their clients. When you are installing stuff and open the Waves Central, the installer says "will you install the updates", and if the poor client things, yes, will have the possible updates made to the plugins, and hits "yes", he is in trouble.
Namely, the Waves Central tries to force the move to all the existing ver. 9 plugins to ver. 10, and if there are not ver. 10 licensies to all plugins, but some are ver. 9 licensies, the system gets totally confused.
In Waves language "update" does not mean a new feature, or bug fix to the existing ver. 9 plugin, but move to the ver. 10, which doesn't include any new feature or add on value to the user. The whole ver. 10 update is made to force Waves loyal old customers to pay more, pay for nothing, to "update" to the ver. 10.
In addition the Waves Central reminds the ver. 9 user every time he opens the manager, by red writing "NEW UPDATES AVALABLE".

The Waves twisted philosophy of the "customer care", is made the non-updated to ver. 10 users' life as difficult as possible, with separate installing operations, missleading information and non-support (no existing WUP - no service) policy.

Waves has many great plugins, but their policy is classless. Waves has themselves chosen the low-pricing competition strategy, and now when they need more money, they twist the arms of their clients. :evil:
Last edited by Harry_HH on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SiliconDeath wrote:EDIT: It's stuff like this that will keep me from buying any more waves plugins :bang:
It's threads like this one that have kept me from buying any Waves plugins. A decision I have never once regretted. :hihi:

Far more trouble than they will ever be worth...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Does updating Waves Central form V9 to V10 cause any issues?
In other words will my Waves V9 run ok with Waves Central V10 installed?

Yes I was prompted to update my Waves plugins v9 to V10 and almost clicked on it.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Does updating Waves Central form V9 to V10 cause any issues?
In other words will my Waves V9 run ok with Waves Central V10 installed?

Yes I was prompted to update my Waves plugins v9 to V10 and almost clicked on it.
Yes, they work, no issues - if you know excatly, what you do. :clown:
Waves doesn't help it, I would say, on the contrary.

Teksonik wrote:
SiliconDeath wrote:EDIT: It's stuff like this that will keep me from buying any more waves plugins :bang:
It's threads like this one that have kept me from buying any Waves plugins. A decision I have never once regretted. :hihi:

Far more trouble than they will ever be worth...... :shrug:
I was less lucky, got caught by few their $29 deals, then decided to sell whole account with loss.
Thought that all these complains about Waves sale, upgrade, resell policies were just exaggeration. When later discovered all waves fun, it was a bit too late. Unbelievable how they obfuscated all their policies and procedures by non-transparent, misleading, convoluted tricks, exceptions, conditions etc.. Fortunately I got only few their plugins, so there was no big investment to loose. From now no more Waves. Never. Just never.

ruslan.st wrote:From now no more Waves. Never. Just never.
Unless of course Waves starts paying us for it. :D

Proteinshake wrote:
ruslan.st wrote:From now no more Waves. Never. Just never.
Unless of course Waves starts paying us for it. :D
Only if they allow to opt out from installing them :)

Seriously does nobody check in advance “what am I getting for my money”. I find that amazing, Man I’m doing that now with my iZotope RX and NI Komplete upgrades. “Do I buy now or hold off??” is the question I constantly ask myself.

It was a bad implementation of a lacklustre release. I can handle that, but then, I was wise enough to do the research before upgrading and have decided to hold off.

I can handle that some people are annoyed or angry, but now one is holding a gun to our head. We are fully responsible for our own actions.

For s.a.b.
Yes, I'm fully responsible for my actions.
And fully justified for my opinion.

I purchased my first Waves in 2003, have lived the change from ver. 8 to ver. 9, have about 40 plugins. Then we had 64 bit etc. on the table.

Now when Waves artificially creates ver. 10 just to collect money, and makes the life of ver. 9 users difficut, its unrealistic to think one could long stay out very long of the ver. 10 manager.

So much about your "free choice".

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”