Wizoo Drum Samples

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Teksonik
KVRAF
11484 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Anyone know who owns the rights to the Wizoo Drum samples ? I think they went out of business years ago but don't remember for sure.

I purchased several kits from them perhaps a decade and a half ago and just ran across them on an old backup drive the other day. The Power Kit is really punchy and the Ambient acoustic kits are all very nice as well. They come with several well sampled and processed velocity layers. I used the samples to build kits in FL Studio's FPC.

Seems a shame they would just be left to fade from history. Would be great if whoever owns the rights would either set them free or offer them for sale again. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jancivil
KVRAF
15335 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Wizoo Drum Samples

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Teksonik
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Thanks Jan, that's a blast from the past. If Avid owns the rights to the Wizoo samples that does not bode well for them ever seeing the light of day again. :?

Didn't at least one of the Wizoo developers end up with Air Music Technology ? Maybe my memory fails yet again....... :oops:

Oh well I still have the samples at my disposal but it's a shame others can't enjoy them as well. I think they still stand up well even in these days. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jancivil
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Yeah it seems like someone from there wound up somewhere, but I didn't so much follow that. Wizoo itself is not just restin' or pinin' for the fjords, though.

jancivil
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:55 pm

I quite liked the Darbuka product they made. Another relic, now, though.

Teksonik
KVRAF

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:21 pm

So in other words Wizoo is an ex-parrot ? :cry:

fmr
KVRAF
7601 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Teksonik wrote: Didn't at least one of the Wizoo developers end up with Air Music Technology ? Maybe my memory fails yet again....... :oops:
Yes, you are right. AFAIK, the team from AIR came from the instrument division created at Avid by the ex-Wizoo developers, after Abid buyout of the company.

The instruments and plug-ins are even the same ones that were formerly included in Por Tools, with the exception of Vacuum Pro and Loom.

So, if they managed to get out of Avid and keep the rights to those, they may as well have regained the rights to the old Wizoo inventory.
Fernando (FMR)

justin3am
KVRAF
10430 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:58 pm

AIR became part of InMusic (AKAI, Alesis, Numark), when they acquired M-Audio from AVID.
However, I'm not sure who currently owns the rights to the samples that were made under the Wizoo brand. I'm not sure if those old libraries or products like Darbuka, Latigo and WizooVerb were part of the deal. I remember using that stuff quite a bit around 2005/2006.

mumpcake
KVRian
617 posts since 27 Aug, 2004

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:14 pm

I have been using their Platinum kit forever, either in RMIV/V or Battery. It has held up pretty well, and even if I end up using other drums, I use it in my templates because it loads up very quickly.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”