Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

hivkorn wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:28 pm
antic604 wrote:
hivkorn wrote:ho someone can tell me how to sync the seq with the daw !! i try a lot but i fail!
https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21
still don't work for me...out of sync again...
Hi, hivkorn, what daw do you use?
Best
YY

Charlie Firpo wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:50 am Hi Mitch! I was talking about the phase of the oscillator, in vaz modular you could set it to gate, so that the osc phase restarted with every key press. Good for creating drum sounds and hard bass =)
Plug the trigger or gate out from the midi module into the hard sync jack of your oscillator. It will do what you want.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz, thank you!

Whywhy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:20 am
hivkorn wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:28 pm
antic604 wrote:
hivkorn wrote:ho someone can tell me how to sync the seq with the daw !! i try a lot but i fail!
still don't work for me...out of sync again...
Hi, hivkorn, what daw do you use?
cubse pro 9.5 with osx 10.12.6

I'm sorry, I can't help you, in bitwig the sync works.
Best
YY

Nobody have try the CV to CC and CV to midi out,daw, or hardware?
This thing is just awesome, I have made a quick test with an arp send to a vsti, and all works perfect , CV to pitch, gate to gate.:) and per midi channels.
Really fun, try a chorus between the gate signal : fun.
Tomorrow, I will test some turing machine , shift register, quantize, clock divider ....with multiple instances of bazille.

Cherry audio: really well done !
Best
YY

hivkorn wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am
antic604 wrote:
thx !!! :tu:
Before we made the Sync Divider module and added "reset" jacks to everything, we failed a lot too! The forum post referenced above should explain it, but don't hesitate to ask questions here or in cherryaudio forum if you have any trouble. :tu:

You can also use the Sync Generator+Sync Divider (and maybe a Clock Divider too) to create sync signals independent of your DAW (or if you're using the standalone version of Voltage Modular).

cherryMitch wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:37 pm
hivkorn wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am
antic604 wrote:
thx !!! :tu:
Before we made the Sync Divider module and added "reset" jacks to everything, we failed a lot too! The forum post referenced above should explain it, but don't hesitate to ask questions here or in cherryaudio forum if you have any trouble. :tu:
i will try :tu:
You can also use the Sync Generator+Sync Divider (and maybe a Clock Divider too) to create sync signals independent of your DAW (or if you're using the standalone version of Voltage Modular).

Niowiad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:17 am Is there demo version I can't find, or is it planned somehow? :phones:
+1

Just to be clear. I see a lot of marketing, but no substance. For 150 dollars, I need more than a couple of songs and pretty images to cough up that cash, especially since the product and company are completely unknown. I don't know if the product works on my system, if it will cause it to lag, or if it's something I'd actually use on a regular basis or not. The workflow may or may not come up with good sounds very often, or create good sounds in a reliable way/method, in a short time period, and there is no way I'd know this or many factors without a demo version. Too many unknowns. Also, despite the 'return policy', I've run into companies that suddenly "don't get back to you", when requesting a refund so I can't find myself putting forwards 150 bucks. Crysonic for example. There is no introductory price or anything on this product. But the sounds and images on the website are nice, as well as the comments from some new forum users. I'd recommend releasing a full version with a random silence every now and then, it shouldn't be much more than an invisible 'module' in the mix. This would end up being a better marketing mechanism anyways because of the embedded store in the product, you can just buy the full version there, along with some discounted 'module packs' as an incentive. Just my opinion.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion & Niowiad,

You're right, a demo version is important this days, an euro is an euro.
I have base my purchase on the refund possibility and on the namm show, when you invest to be at namm, you're serious, normally...
And the company founders are not some newbies in the audio business, I think, they have a reputation and they want to keep it intact.
Finally, it a very nice modular platform, and the support team is great and fast.
Personally, the audio demos are not my taste, i find the presets......
But who care about presets in a modular.
the software is really stable on my w10 machine but I understand the need to try it on your machine.
Same for third dev, PSP audioware have respond to a support mail and work a Sunday, 2 days after, the bugs, anomalies was resolved.
Cherry audio and PSP audioware are serious from my experience.
From an happy customer!
My 2 cents.
Best
YY

Ah_Dziz , tried it but the phase is still freerunning. CherryMitch, here's a future request: being able to reset the starting phase with each keypress (i've been fideling with software modulars for years, if i may have missed something, i apologize. Since VM almost behaves like a real modular) Thanks!

Hi Charlie,
I have try it today,
And the tricks is to invert the trigger.
With some little patching, you can reset the phase of 2 osc, move the phase offset....
I have put some cabinets on the Cherry audio forum :
The phase reset cabinets and an EOD env.
If I have the time, I would like to make a multistage envelope. 1
Best
YY

Awesome, Whywhy! Thanks for your help! Gonna check out your Cabinets! :)

Charlie Firpo wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:46 pm Ah_Dziz , tried it but the phase is still freerunning. CherryMitch, here's a future request: being able to reset the starting phase with each keypress (i've been fideling with software modulars for years, if i may have missed something, i apologize. Since VM almost behaves like a real modular) Thanks!
Charles, it turns out there was a design glitch in the Oscillator reset input that was preventing you from resetting the phase with a simple Gate signal. We've published an updated module this morning, so if you try it again, you can feed the Gate or Trigger signal from your keyboard into the Hard Sync input of the oscillator, and you'll get the results that you're expecting. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

To everyone asking about a demo version, we will have a fully functional 7-day demo available on our website within the next 48 hours. We've always planned to have a demo available, plus we are rolling out new modules this week as part of our launch. Honestly, we did not quite expect the massive flurry of activity within the first week! There are some really cool third-party modules that will be released this week, including some fantastic filters and effects modules.

Thanks everyone for your interest!

All the best,
Dan

This sounds good Dan. I would just like to ask for some clarification for transferring ownership, how it would work out. Can you transfer the core program + DLCs together, or could you transfer just some DLCs? At the entry price of 150$ I must ask these questions.. :) I'm actually curious about developing a few modules for this as I did some for vcvrack.

Return to “Instruments”