RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

I wonder how many potential buyers are scared off by that silly, default theme? It's hideous and I personally actively was avoiding this synth for that particular reason... :dog:

But now, seeing the alternative themes, my jaw dropped on the floor seeing how much this synth can do. It may actually be my next purchase! :o :hyper:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Bought it
its sounds like a million dollar synth. :hyper:

Yes the interface is off putting at first. But the sound out the door was fantastic. I love this synth and will be using it even more with some of the new features. Always glad to see great products supported.

Am I the only one that actually loves the default skin and GUI? It was honestly what pushed me to buy RAPID over Avenger when they came out.

No, you're not the only one. I wouldn't say I LOVE the original skin (I don't like the dirty feeling), but that's still the one I prefer, and I never had any problem with it.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

RedCyan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:36 pm Am I the only one that actually loves the default skin and GUI?
No, I think it's lovely too. And now that it can be resized, I'm seriously considering buying Rapid. Common sense tells me no, because I have way too many synths (and a very limited knowledge of what most of them can do), but GAS strikes again...

Seriously Rapid is one of the very, very best available. Common sense tells you yes actually.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

The new sizes and themes, the new OSC FX types, the filter/insert skip possibility, the new MOD retrigger functions and the extra COPY-PASTE functions, made this my go-to synth over night. Such an amazing (and free!!) update.
3x8 wt's is just so much fun

RedCyan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:36 pm Am I the only one that actually loves the default skin and GUI?
The default skin is what put me off even trying Rapid. It looks like something from 2003. In my mind I just assumed it sounds 15 years old as well.

Anyway the new skins inspired me to try the demo and I like Rapid. Not quite enough to pay even the sales price but I like it none the less. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hey guys. Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback. You're all awesome. And also many thanks for new ideas.

Have you seen the formant-shifter? I created some Wavetables based on instruments and used the formant shifter to make the sound more realistic when you press different keys (pitch). Just try it. Import an instrument as wavetable and choose the fs-effect. Use FX-Factor to activate the keyfollow and throw a sequencer on the morph to bring the movement into the wavetable. I also add some random stuff like "random trigger" on the sequencer speed to bring more naturalness in it.

Here is a little demo which shows how it could sounds like. Three instruments are in action. A flute, some cello spics and a tuba. Hope you like it. :-)

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gt2iES ... e=youtu.be

Just bought RAPID and like very much. Sounds amazing and new themes are great! This will be my goto synth.

Some smooth deephouse. This was just 4 fun. :-)

https://youtu.be/DTRICQXOSMA

( sorry, new forum quote doesn't work in my browser, must do it manually :shrug: )

by RedCyan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:36 pm
Am I the only one that actually loves the default skin and GUI? It was honestly what pushed me to buy RAPID over Avenger when they came out.

Certainly not! As I :love: :love: :love: anything with a '70's :hug: vibe, those colors instantly attracted me to this synth! :)

ZeePok wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:09 am ( sorry, new forum quote doesn't work in my browser, must do it manually :shrug: )
May i ask which browser you are using?

by chk071 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:12 am

ZeePok wrote:

( sorry, new forum quote doesn't work in my browser, must do it manually )

May i ask which browser you are using?
My all time favourite: Opera 12 (before they ruined it! :( )

Return to “Instruments”