RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

ZeePok wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:18 am
by chk071 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:12 am

ZeePok wrote:

( sorry, new forum quote doesn't work in my browser, must do it manually )

May i ask which browser you are using?
My all time favourite: Opera 12 (before they ruined it! :( )
You may like Vivaldi then.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

by DJErmac » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:26 am

ZeePok wrote:

by chk071 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:12 am

ZeePok wrote:

( sorry, new forum quote doesn't work in my browser, must do it manually )

May i ask which browser you are using?
My all time favourite: Opera 12 (before they ruined it! )
You may like Vivaldi then.
Never got around to trying it. Will try it now, thanks! :)

Goodnight! :zzz:

Ah... might be the problem then that the older browser engine doesn't play too well with newer forum software.

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:54 am Ah... might be the problem then that the older browser engine doesn't play too well with newer forum software.
:dog: Oh, silly me! There's a good workaround, should've thought about it earlier! :oops: No worries! :)

Anyway, back to topic: as I said I really liked Rapid's original GUI! :)

Here's a track with 4 instances of Rapid. plus a bunch of other stuff. Falcon, Quanta, Drum Designer, etc. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/th ... -the-devil

Arp Yesterday
https://youtu.be/0Yr8lm2vGyU

Some news. I'll be releasing an expansion for rapid soon, "Geodesic Frequencies". It will have 100 presets and include wavetables and multi-samples. Will share more specifics when they are ready. Cheers.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

ayyy, finally! :party:

Rene or Mirko, what do you think about a copy and paste routing to all layers function? Its a bit tedious sometimes copying and pasting modulation routing between layers, despite it already being an awesome workflow addition already. Very often I want to assign the same parameters at the same values across all layers to a common macro. For instance the cutoff, a vibrato via LFO depth, etc. Assigning modulation routings usually a Flash and piece of cake except for this one little bit.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Having some fun with the new formant filters (B).

https://youtu.be/yoKmo6fEBhc

LD - Formant Lead

TTU Youtube

I tried the demo again and am happy you included a skin that made me want to have this open on my screen and look at it. I can only stand the flat ones. The features are great and it's a very well thought out synth. If I can dream I am wishing for features like:

- a layer solo function in the mixer
- A mix knob for the master multiband compressor
- The waveform view for the mb compressor is cool but it's difficult to see the effect of compression
- Multiband compressor per layer
- global sticky FX off between switching presets
- Load presets into layers for layering.
- faster switching between presets

Why does it often take a second to switch a preset? If there are heavy calculations to do when a preset loads, maybe you can preload the next ones in memory so that pressing next next next in a folder is fast?

This synth is really really good! I did not need another synth but after demoing for a while I realised that it is probably closest to what the perfect synth is for me at the moment. Great sound, features and low CPU. That plus many great presets made me buy it!

LD - Selenia's Flute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ct5B7 ... e=youtu.be

@Dentnile - Some presets have to load wave samples so it might take a bit longer on those presets. If its a pure synth patch, it will load pretty much instantly.

TTU Youtube

PL - Retro 303

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-QrLZ ... e=youtu.be

First minute is exploring the sound then I explore a bit of how I reached that sound.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:15 pm what do you think about a copy and paste routing to all layers function?
    Yes it's doable. It's quickly to implement. The only reasons its not already there is because every time another feature sneaks in between : )
    Will try to get it into 1.6.
    dentnile wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:48 pm- a layer solo function in the mixer
    It's mentioned more and more often. I think it's finally time to add it to 1.6.
    dentnile wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:48 pm- A mix knob for the master multiband compressor
    Not sure. It's probably better to control it via band threshold and mixer levels.
    dentnile wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:48 pm - Multiband compressor per layer
    There will be a multiband saturator, which essentially can be used to achieve this. Though I recommend to not overdo it.
    dentnile wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:48 pm Why does it often take a second to switch a preset? If there are heavy calculations to do when a preset loads, maybe you can preload the next ones in memory so that pressing next next next in a folder is fast?
    The preset itself loads quickly. It's often due to the multi-sample size, or if many wavetables are used. An this is already optimized (multithreaded) quite a bit.
    Load time is proportional to the amount of content used. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, with many instances it would waste background CPU, disk access and RAM.
    Hm, maybe more caching could improve this. Optional.

Hi !
    A very new highly satisfied user.
    Very very simple workflow for me, a non-sound designer : it is tremendously pleasant !!
    Before Rapid, I was a "synth presets" user. Rapid (v1.5.1) is the first synth I try to create my personal sound with. Bravo for the conception of this very useful synth, for the workflow and the hi quality of the sound.

For the moment, only a little wish for future upgrade : the possibility to name (or rename) the layers.
    Actually, only factory made sounds (or presets) name the used layers.
    It will be very convenient for me to name the layers I use when I create a new sound.

So, Parawave, thanks for your actual synth and for the quick way you answer to customers (I've had 2 questions to the support on your website, answered the same day with full of interesting details for beginners like me).

My 2 cents...

Lutin mutin wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:34 pm
    For the moment, only a little wish for future upgrade : the possibility to name (or rename) the layers.
    Actually, only factory made sounds (or presets) name the used layers.
    It will be very convenient for me to name the layers I use when I create a new sound.
    1. Go to file menu (the white paper icon) and chose Edit
    2. Enter name(s) for the layer(s) and/or macros
    3. Profit

Return to “Instruments”