KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

well, i suppose hes honest enough to call himself evil. so why would he hide the origins of a synth?
surely a dishonest person would hide the "being evil" before hiding anything else?

I'm typing this (and the previous post in this thread) from Berlin. Make of this what you will. ;)

Also, read the interview with me to find out a bit about the history of my online alias.

You say there you're human.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:46 pm I'm typing this (and the previous post in this thread) from Berlin. Make of this what you will. ;)

Also, read the interview with me to find out a bit about the history of my online alias.
Berlin: beware of the Currywurst!

Didn't get the chance to try it, but thanks for the recommendation, that's definitely something I'm gonna try next time. I love wurst, I love curry, sounds like a good idea! :D

It's the wurst.

I think he (EvilDragon) is biased like crazy biased toward NI. Especially after i just saw his interview. No wonder he is defending Kontakt obvious ignored flaws like crazy.

Anyway judging person by avatar photo or name is stupid. On top of that after seeing his real photos i think he kinda look (face shape) like Joaquin Phoenix which is very very cool hehehe

kmonkey wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:45 am I think he (EvilDragon) is biased like crazy biased toward NI.
I think that a lot of KVR members are biased like crazy against NI...

...and Logic and 64bit and Downloader software and and and

Have you read this blog post by Chicken Systems?

Kontakt 6 - You WIll Be Locked In

jancivil wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:00 pm Yeah. This place has a lot of negativity. It matters to people who don't have enough computer to run Reaktor, one
No negativity here, but is it really worth for me to upgrade from ver.10 to 12 for $599 AU? Ultimate edition
I have the latest Reaktor 6 and Razor installed already and don’t care much about the content as I tend to create my own soundscapes from scratch anyway.
Btw; just today I have received “not installed” update for Kontakt ver. 6.02

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 am

No negativity here, but is it really worth for me to upgrade from ver.10 to 12 for $599 AU? Ultimate edition
I have the latest Reaktor 6 and Razor installed already and don’t care much about the content as I tend to create my own soundscapes from scratch anyway.
Skip it, if you don't need the new stuff included in it... You can upgrade when they release Komplete 13 (or whater they call it, if they are superstitious).

Who else expects that Kontakt will become the new Omnisphere with the new wavetable oscillator? I can imagine some clever upcoming hybrid libraries with samples and synthesis...

kmonkey wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:45 am I think he (EvilDragon) is biased like crazy biased toward NI. Especially after i just saw his interview. No wonder he is defending Kontakt obvious ignored flaws like crazy.
We are all biased at some point about something, that shouldn't come as a surprise? Kontakt is the platform which provides the livelihood of my family, so of course I would be attached to it. Is that a bad thing?

Also just for the record, I use products from great many other companies too, should I be just as biased towards all of them then?

Also, about "obvious ignored flaws"... stuff is not ignored, stuff is prioritized in developer world. It's all about effort vs turnaround. And yes, there are actually more pressing matters than a new shiny GUI and HiDPI support (which is still not mainstream enough). But if you don't have an insight into the codebases used as I had during this stay in Berlin, you wouldn't understand it.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:54 am Also, about "obvious ignored flaws"... stuff is not ignored, stuff is prioritized in developer world. It's all about effort vs turnaround. And yes, there are actually more pressing matters than a new shiny GUI and HiDPI support (which is still not mainstream enough). But if you don't have an insight into the codebases used as I had during this stay in Berlin, you wouldn't understand it.
I think that's the point. K6 is a big step for developers and will result in better libraries and products for the end-users. But I think the most people who are complaining about v6 is the people who are not developers, but musicians who just want to be able to use the worlds most advanced software sampler without imploding their heads.

It's like speaking with programmers and users of software. Programmers are often so focused on the inner details of their code and the features of the developer environment, that they miss the what the end users want.

I actually don't know where I stand on this, because partly it's clear that Native Instruments doesn't care one bit about making Kontakt user friendly. And I'd really really like "a new shiny GUI".

But I'm not sure if that really matters. At the end of the day, we will all marvel and be impressed by the future libraries coming out from Sonic Couture and Heavyocity.

Maybe we just should see Kontakt as a developer tool, like any programming language - and applaud NI for making that platform better, and enjoy the libraries. And for using a sampler software in our music - it's probably better just to turn our heads to different solutions. I mean... there's quite a lot of alternatives out there.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Kontakt is still a piece of crap for user friendliness. Ni is stuck with their old school guis..... im also no fan to load every time reaktor for monark etc. Yeah i know it is built in reaktor. Kontakt needs an overhaul with user friendliness no big library tabs. Drag and drop features. Better library sortments etc. It is a dev dream product but for users a clunky block. I use it because it has awesome libraries but is it fun to use? No.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

If you don't like the Libraries tab, there's Quickload, where you can organize things however you think is best.

Yes, it IS a clunky thing to use for creative sampling, you won't find any disagreement from me there. That's why for creative sampling and synthesis I will always recommend Falcon (which can actually be fun to use, unless you want to loop something in it, then it's a bitch, heh). The two complement each other extremely well. (Cue iLok haters.)
Caine123 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 amNi is stuck with their old school guis.....
Well... it's not exactly true. See their new effects range? All fresh new frameworks and codebases, scalable GUIs. They look nice and are extremely usable, plus they also sound great.

When you have almost 20 years of accumulated code, things are not easy to change, especially GUI-related things made with in-house frameworks those same 20 years ago, where things were 1024x768 and HiDPI wasn't even in anyone's brains. Yes, it can take years to do anything meaningful in that area, it's extremely touchy and fragile, so it needs to be done slowly and with care. Kontakt team knows this and they are fully aware of everything.

It is true that Kontakt boomed into a development platform more than user-centric tweakable sampler (see Falcon as antithesis, again), so it's no surprise things are going into more developer-centric direction - that really shouldn't come off as a surprise to anyone with a iota of common sense after looking at the big picture.

So, isn't it a good thing that the market is open, and everybody is free to choose according to their sensibilities? Need great 3rd party content? There's no contest, Kontakt has it. Need a creative sampler? There are other options for that. Use both as you see fit.

Return to “Instruments”