[DC18] Syncla-X

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syncla-X [Large Version]

Just tried (again) the K3V and the 32bit batch file. Still not working. Plus I get this too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:tu: All is good

Thank you a lot for your feedback.
I have solved, finally, the problem. I hope :)

What you have to do for 32 bits:

1) Run the "RUN ME ONCE.exe" file.
You won't see anything, but actually it will create the wavetable data.
It will be located here:
C:\ProgramData\Digital Systemic Emulations\TableData.dse

2) Then simply copy/paste the VST with its subfolders as-is anywhere you want.

If the software crashes, creates a void file here:
C:\Users\<YOUR SESSION>\AppData\Local\SynthEdit\SynthEdit.settings.xml
To create "SynthEdit.settings.xml" just do right clic, new text file. Rename it SynthEdit.settings and change the extension to .xml.
Now this should work.
[Thanks to Swatwork for his tip]

This is what's written in the HOW TO INSTALL text file.
I did the installation, then ran the plugin, it perfectly worked.
How about you? :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UPjf3 ... qQppQm105A_

About Syncla-X, working on the new UI, quick idea of the project:
(https://image.ibb.co/cWnXnK/Mosaique.png)
All the values will be digits, no more "physical" knob.

What function would you want I add more?
I'm working on algorithm extension for the moment, I searched about resynthesis but it's way too complex for me.

Mooggy wrote:Thank you a lot for your feedback.
I have solved, finally, the problem. I hope :)

What you have to do for 32 bits:

1) Run the "RUN ME ONCE.exe" file.
You won't see anything, but actually it will create the wavetable data.
It will be located here:
C:\ProgramData\Digital Systemic Emulations\TableData.dse

2) Then simply copy/paste the VST with its subfolders as-is anywhere you want.

If the software crashes, creates a void file here:
C:\Users\<YOUR SESSION>\AppData\Local\SynthEdit\SynthEdit.settings.xml
To create "SynthEdit.settings.xml" just do right clic, new text file. Rename it SynthEdit.settings and change the extension to .xml.
Now this should work.
[Thanks to Swatwork for his tip]

This is what's written in the HOW TO INSTALL text file.
I did the installation, then ran the plugin, it perfectly worked.
How about you? :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UPjf3 ... qQppQm105A_
Followed your instructions. Still FAILS to load...Forget it, no longer interested.

Nopb, I go back with other users trying it too!
(Tho I'm really disapointed but whatever)

Mooggy wrote:Nopb, I go back with other users trying it too!
(Tho I'm really disapointed but whatever)
Other devs can create a vst that installs with no errors. If your creating a vst ask friends to to test it on different DAW's before you release it to the public. One day you may be a big name in the vst world, but until you test it on various platforms your not going to get anywhere.

Mooggy wrote:About Syncla-X, working on the new UI, quick idea of the project:
(https://image.ibb.co/cWnXnK/Mosaique.png)
All the values will be digits, no more "physical" knob.

What function would you want I add more?
I'm working on algorithm extension for the moment, I searched about resynthesis but it's way too complex for me.
If this is your idea for a new GUI, for me it is a BIG NO. :(
Fernando (FMR)

It's a big YES from me.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

A YES from me too. Unusual and different. Cool :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Haha thanks for the feedbacks again ^^
I'll continue working on this!
Might I know what should I do to make a better UI @fmr?
I'd try to satisfy as many users as possible, critiscisms are important :tu:

@DrewDale:
If you're not happy with my emulations, I encourage you to go building up your own site, server organisation, softwares and ideas that go with, UI, forums and News-websites communication, demo, support and everything arround :D Oh, while managing +40h school and other activities that are pretty time-taking (I'm originally musician) :ud:
I do as I can using experimental features that are not working everywhere possibly.
I got thousands of downloads, you're the first person to have this particular bug, so I'll consider you as a particular specimen, that's all ^^
And I don't care if I'm not acting like a "Real serious developper", I just have fun with that! :hihi:
(What developper would say what I've just said? haha)
I do as many tests as possible, doing newbies errors, I'm fully knowing that! :)

And if anyone wants to collab with me for beta-tests, I'm opened to any help! I have already 6 beta-testers, but more there are, safer it is!
Two softwares are about to get released: a DW-8000 Emulation and an Emulator 1 Player :wink:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Take this with a grain of salt.

My personal issue with number-only UIs is that they're less intuitive to navigate and can be confusing (the demo image does look cool, though).

I'll cite https://tytel.org/helm/ (https://tytel.org/helm/) as an excellent UI. The filter curve, envelope shape, and oscillator/LFO shape are all clearly shown in a way that's impossible for a knob-only or number-only UI.

While number-only and knob-laden UIs can be good, I greatly prefer a more visual UI, as I feel it uses the abilities of the computer (i.e. the screen) more fully and is much more intuitive.

For Syncla-X specifically, I'm not sure how a visual representation of FM would be possible, but graphical envelopes and maybe oscilloscopes for each of the oscillators (to show the summed waveform) would be great.

That said, the current UI is very nice.

Mooggy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:29 pm

@DrewDale:
If you're not happy with my emulations, I encourage you to go building up your own site, server organisation, softwares and ideas that go with, UI, forums and News-websites communication, demo, support and everything arround
And why would I need to do that ? I have just started working for Arturia. :hihi:

DrewDale wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:17 pmI have just started working for Arturia. :hihi:
With an attitude like your's, I hardly believe so..
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:08 pm
DrewDale wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:17 pmI have just started working for Arturia. :hihi:
With an attitude like your's, I hardly believe so..
Attitude is what makes you son.

Jin37 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:56 am

I'll cite https://tytel.org/helm/ as an excellent UI. T
Now that is horrible
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”